Text spamming

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Text spamming

Post by Turky »

What are the admin rules on text spam?

XR was basically spamming "I'm a gun for hire" all round. Silenced him several times before deciding to just post it here and see what we want to do about it. I don't have council anymore (didn't get the new pass), but I wouldn't be allowed to ban for text spam anyway...but yea, he was annoying most of the server, and also encouraged that Lorax faggot to start doing some text spamming of his own.

Laser
Kopite

Re: Text spamming

Post by Laser »

Exar is different when you see him on tempest, but sometimes he reverts to tempest mode on impulse when no 'elites' are about.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

XR would be banned if I had rcon!

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

I'm a gun for hire.

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

knight are not allowed to silence??

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Turkey's bitching about someone spamming text?

Doesn't Turkey spam shit like "VERY GOOD FIGHT" and that fucking obnoxious "NO U" shit?

Oh and a bunch of dumb quotes from CTFers nobody cares about?
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

That's why I find it funny that he complains about me using the 'negative' voice chat thing or taunting when I usually get a 'Nope' or some dumb shit.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Max Rambone wrote:That's why I find it funny that he complains about me using the 'negative' voice chat thing or taunting when I usually get a 'Nope' or some dumb shit.

~archi
Um? Not unless it was a really pathetic attempt, and I do that for anyone who does so... for example if they try to spawnkill me and fail miserably. I actually think spawnkill is where I usually do that.

I don't think I ever was at a stage where I said Nope almost every single time I killed you. Most I may have ever done, to anyone, was flaunting shit to a pubnub who talked shit and thought he was elite. Usually a one day thing. Whereas you repeated your trend, off and on, for months on end if not longer.

So, I'm not seeing how this comment of yours is all that terribly relevant to this situation.
Kerafym wrote:Turkey's bitching about someone spamming text?

Doesn't Turkey spam shit like "VERY GOOD FIGHT" and that fucking obnoxious "NO U" shit?

Oh and a bunch of dumb quotes from CTFers nobody cares about?
You weren't there. He spammed the text over and over again. For almost an entire round (or so it would've been without my interference).

Impulse I might spam it a few times for emphasis and I'm done. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that. That's a completely different situation from this.

Anyway, I wasn't going to do the usual and post up screenies like a dickhead, but I'm tempted to because the two of you obviously need me to spell out for you exactly what happened.

I'm just asking this question to the public so a precedent can be set when someone is THAT fucking obnoxious and pissing off so many players in the server. XR's only remark was "Just yews the silence command." No one should have to do that, and what about those pubnubs who are completely oblivious to the idea of using the console? Poor souls...

Any other entirely irrelevant comments you guys would like to make? Go for it...

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

More precisely it was for 3 maps.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

nightwatch wrote:More precisely it was for 3 maps.
Glad you're good at something in siege.