Name: Spam, look, Ihopeigetlucky

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Me Returns
Myrrh

Name: Spam, look, Ihopeigetlucky

Post by Me Returns »

Yeah, all those names belong to me, and you may of heard of an absolute prick who spams all day with shields and dets. Ask Afro himself.

I just believe that spam should be taken off. I myself have shown to many of the players there how spam can absolutely ruin a game. Therefore, keeping to the rules I cannot be kicked for spam, yet I may do it all day long.

I want to show by doing spam, you would all understand what happens if it were allowed. I really want to advocate a no-spam rule that way.

And just so you know, I will stop this immediately, as I feel I have already said/have done what I wanted to.

~MeR

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: Name: Spam, look, Ihopeigetlucky

Post by Turky »

glhf?

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Well technically, tempest has no rules yet other than no laming, which is ambiguous in itself.

I sadly cannot in good faith write a no-spam rule, because spam itself is waaaay too ambiguous and VERY relative, as it has constantly been redefined and redefined over and over again throughout siege history, ever since TD started spam's mainstream dissent.

I also consider it a necessary evil for new players to yews as a crutch to keep up with veteran players until they obtain skill, as even me and tensor were once noobs who spammed (I spammed up U2 while Gbob kept me ammo'd, and tensor of course is the reason jans are not allowed to self kill AT ALL anymore LOL)
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

GUARD!AN wrote:I also consider it a necessary evil for new players to yews as a crutch to keep up with veteran players until they obtain skill, as even me and tensor were once noobs who spammed (I spammed up U2 while Gbob kept me ammo'd, and tensor of course is the reason jans are not allowed to self kill AT ALL anymore LOL)
I lol'd.

Yeah, all those names belong to me, and you may of heard of an absolute prick who spams all day with shields and dets. Ask Afro himself.

I just believe that spam should be taken off. I myself have shown to many of the players there how spam can absolutely ruin a game. Therefore, keeping to the rules I cannot be kicked for spam, yet I may do it all day long.

I want to show by doing spam, you would all understand what happens if it were allowed. I really want to advocate a no-spam rule that way.

And just so you know, I will stop this immediately, as I feel I have already said/have done what I wanted to.

~MeR
You're merely stating an example. An example of what could happen if a skilled player wanted to spam whatever he could. But I've never seen a real skilled player do that before. And I am absolutely not afraid of noobs spamming. Heck, they can't even hold their mouse still while doing so, making them fail horribly.
Therefore, I say let them. All they want. The ones suffering the greatest loss is their teammates, when the enemy rushes the objective. For remember:

Code: Select all

Mines are not projectile weapons
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

Ðarth Jedi
First Team
First Team

Post by Ðarth Jedi »

I agree with mer that spam is gay. Also I agree with guard that everyone must feel what spam is lol.

Thats why I suggest banning spam at least for entrances (hoth only)

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

I done the community good.

No jan's sk!

dadeus

Post by dadeus »

said it elsewhere....if I am a demo and you are reborn boss in many situations I haven'e a chance if i put tripaway to get to det so I throw trip...if its me or u and u win if i dont spam..here catch.....and most people I play with will not let u kill them when the only way for them to stay alive is to spam.....

Turky

Post by Turky »

tens0r wrote:I done the community good.

No jan's sk!
hahaha, the 1v1 with killz for TD application. the first definition of tensoring it, now used by everyone :) sk every spawn!

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Turky wrote:
tens0r wrote:I done the community good.

No jan's sk!
hahaha, the 1v1 with killz for TD application. the first definition of tensoring it, now used by everyone :) sk every spawn!
Hah I knew about SK from other games. Used it ever since I was a noob. Killz had the above -2 and it nots jan spam and loved using that excuse for his :P

And it was 1v1 vs Jawa for TD application.

Turky

Post by Turky »

dammit, I forgot it was jawa not killz! that makes it even funnier