Official Rules of Tempest

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Official Rules of Tempest

Post by GUARD!AN »

The official rules of the public server Tempest* are as follows:

Things that are not allowed

1. No Laming the Map. (A bannable offense)
Laming the map will be defined as:

hoth map
:

-Hoth walker laming (purposefully refusing to progress when no immediate threats to the walker are present)
-Hoth codes laming (both making it float into a wall and purposefully refusing to progress the codes when no immediate threats to the codes carrier are present)
-Hoth lift laming (not applicable to calling the lift up if reborn boss is trying to escape the data room)
-Hoth Command Center laming (using a bug to destroy the CC while you were on defense)
- Drop mines at lift from top,(because is impossible to offense team get there if someone just camp there)
- Spam hangar door with a heavy weapons and a jan giving him ammo

Korriban map:

-Korriban crystal laming (purposefully refusing to progress when no immediate threats to the crystal carrier are present)
-Korriban sceptor laming (purposefully refusing to progress when no immediate threats to the sceptor carrier are present)
- Blow your teammates mines constantly

Desert map:

-Desert parts laming (purposefully, this rarely happens of ill intent, but stating it anyways)
-This can also extend to purposeful sabotage of your team, like purposefully stepping on your team's mines consistently, but this will be up to admin discretion to determine.
- yews bikes to blow stations if u are on Deffense team, that’s for all objectives, do not sabotage your team on purpose

2. No Objective Skipping. (A kickable offense)

Objective skipping will be defined as:
-Letting people in/going through the defense's shortcut doors to COMPLETE objectives for ANY MAP
-Jumping through the hole in the Desert wall objective
-Completing the shields objective before the arena objectives on Desert
- Completing the stations objective before the wall objective on Desert
-All forms of butlering are prohibited (Using pull or making a noob lead you through the backdoors of a map)

3. No racism, bigotry, or other excessive discrimination and disrespect. (A silencable offense)

This will be defined as:
-Using derogatory terms in any manner
-Verbally snowtroopering on one specific player in a clearly discriminatory manner
-This also applies to discriminator names

4. No shield spamming. (A forceteamable offense)

Shield spamming will be defined as:
- do not kill yourself to get new shields if u are jan, that means Deffense jan on hoth and Offense and Deffense jan on Desert. You are only allowed to selfkill after each objective, remember only if u are jan, with other class you can selfkill everytime u want
- There is 2 jans limit (3 if server is full, that means 12 vs 12 or more sometimes)
-Purposefully falling into ravine/other natural deaths (Up to admin discretion to determine if it is just a noob who did it by accident or Elite Ranger up to his antics)
-Anything else goes

Chat Spam

You are allowed to talk whenever you want and about what ever you want, but you cant spamm your binds and prevent the players concentrate on the game, if someone tell you to shut up, please do

Things that are allowed

ALL LANGUAGES.

It kind of pisses me off that people think english should be the universal language, and that other people should not be allowed to speak other languages in other people's company, and I am not even "fluent" in any other language.
Free speech short of rule 3.

-If you think the admins are c***suckers, you are free to say it.
-If you think you are the greatest sieger to grace the game, you are free to say it

Spamming.

You guys may not want to hear it, but sadly spam will always have its place in siege's heart, somewhere. For the reason why, here is what I wrote to MeR on another thread:
GUARD!AN wrote:I sadly cannot in good faith write a no-spam rule, because spam itself is waaaay too ambiguous and VERY relative, as it has constantly been redefined and redefined over and over again throughout siege history, ever since TD started spam's mainstream dissent.

I also consider it a necessary evil for new players to yews as a crutch to keep up with veteran players until they obtain skill, as even me and tensor were once noobs who spammed (I spammed up U2 while Gbob kept me ammo'd, and tensor of course is the reason jans are not allowed to self kill AT ALL anymore LOL)

Anyway as even if spamm is allowed,this is something that we as community would like to see on you as players, DO NOT SPAM BLATANTLY so you and everybody will have a good game, the only things about spam is not allowed is wrote above this

Teamswitching.

- you are allowed to be on the team that you want to be, but do not stack teams on purpose

- we will appreciate if u want to switch team to unstack

Spec point jacking.

I'm not honestly going to enforce something as trivial as this.

REMEMBER AN ADMIN IS ALWAYS GOING TO WARN YOU BEFORE TAKING ACTION

Feel free to post your thoughts and suggestions, these are not set in stone obviously.

some pictures to guide us on what not to do:

GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Maddie

Re: Official Rules of Tempest

Post by Maddie »

maybe u just forgot or u dont know it, but on hoth is another way to lame the game! "blowing the CC" i wont say more about it otherwise some ppl will try it immediatly and the game is over very fast.

LORD

Post by LORD »

Maddie wrote:maybe u just forgot or u dont know it, but on hoth is another way to lame the game! "blowing the CC" i wont say more about it otherwise some ppl will try it immediatly and the game is over very fast.

haha ye thats crazy but was popular on gos mostly, but its hard to catch a lamer when over 20 ppl on server :P
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Maddie wrote:maybe u just forgot or u dont know it, but on hoth is another way to lame the game! "blowing the CC" i wont say more about it otherwise some ppl will try it immediatly and the game is over very fast.

I think that was fixed with JA+, wasn't it? Else that was just eyenmod, I'm not really sure.

On a side note, which levels of admin can perform the required actions as listed in your rules? I see /amstatus, /amforceteam, /amkick, /amban, /amsilence and /amrename as necessary commands. I'm aware that only you and Tensor may ban, Guard.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

I yews rcon.

Fuck these am commands. Hell I don't even know half the passes.

dadeus

Post by dadeus »

Sakke wrote:

On a side note, which levels of admin can perform the required actions as listed in your rules? I see /amstatus, /amforceteam, /amkick, /amban, /amsilence and /amrename as necessary commands. I'm aware that only you and Tensor may ban, Guard.

Knight

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Thanks for reminding me, yeah I forgot that while the traditional way was actually fixed by JA+, there is a workaround. Added.

Sakke wrote:

I think that was fixed with JA+, wasn't it? Else that was just eyenmod, I'm not really sure.

I will post that in the admin subforums, I would rather not have everyone know who can do what, and adjust their rulebreaking accordingly.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

yes indeed, even the latest ja+ fix still lets the cc be lamed if done a certain way.

dadeus

Post by dadeus »

ya know what I just figured out..I have no clue how to do very many lame tricks..

oh and what about a guy trash talking non stop.......targeting one person

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

dadeus wrote:ya know what I just figured out..I have no clue how to do very many lame tricks..
Ditto, never really bothered to check into laming.

better get on that...