Anti-Bacon sentiment lamer...... hmmm, getting too popular

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Laser
Kopite

Re: Anti-Bacon sentiment lamer...... hmmm, getting too popul

Post by Laser »

Max Rambone wrote:NEVER doubt Guard.

I bet you Guard has told at least one lie in is life.
Last edited by Laser on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Laser wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:NEVER doubt Guard.quote]

I bet you Guard has told at least one lie in is life.

brb 5 minutes

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Max Rambone wrote:Else we just endure and allow dudes that might not be as good, but are committed to having decent PUGs just go on by.

Ya, we still have trk/duo/jawa, but we've lost:

vox
pizza
bob
nub
j3rk
chew
black
and who knows who else to douchebaggery.

I know a few of these people personally and don't think Turkey, Duo or Jawa had anything to do with them quitting. I know for a fact that Bob left because he simply had better things to do and lost interest in the game a looong time ago.

Black and Vox both quit long before pugs even started. Chew left before Duo started, and I doubt any measure of douchebaggery would have the slightest effect on that guy - let alone enough to make him stop playing a game he'd otherwise play. Just sayin'.

Nub, Pizza, and Jerk were never really puggers. Not saying that with any connotation of disrespect or anything - they just didn't ever really pug consistently.

Anyway - just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here on that.

Oh, and I've long affirmed my stance that Turkey ruins every single pug he plays in by rage typing/speccing/leaving. More so than me, wafflez, and duo combined (jawa doesn't really ruin many pugs. he just yells at people and makes them feel shitty, even then he does it less than me/duo/waflz ever did).
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Never said it was one particular person...In fact, if you still played JA, you'd be on the list of examples...no offense...just sayin'.

Vox, Chew, and Black all came back a few months ago and suddenly re-retired when they realized most of the community was idiots.

Nub, pizza, and J3rk were never really puggers 'cause most of this community are idiots and rage at them when they don't play as well as some more seasoned puggers. Nub was actually quite good when he actually played.

Believe me, I've practically begged all these guys to return to siege and pugs, but all of them, save maybe pizza, cited that all the BS wasn't worth playing a seven-year-old game.

And I'm not just talking about spec-raging or any one particular thing....but I don't know many dudes who like to be yelled at....especially while they are trying to enjoy a GAME.

Everybody go slap your mothers for me.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I have tried to get jerk to come impulse before (recently, last weekish) and had him say he was done with pugs because of douchebaggery. And jerk was actually a pretty regular pugger in the 2-3 months leading up to this pug retirement.

On another note, I don't think I've ever had any problems with Turk in-game (they're very limited if I have) and I actually think he's one of the dudes who tries to help less skilled players out, without screaming.

Just my 2cents.

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

Turkey, if you're talking about that one pug where you didn't want to rush because you had low hp, you were the only reborn boss that could. We had a lando, a demo, and 2 reborn bosses. One reborn boss was in their spawn because they had gotten in to kill the jan. Therefore, you were the only reborn boss that could have gone. It's not that we weren't listening, it's that there was nothing we could do about it.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Max Rambone wrote:Vox, Chew, and Black all came back a few months ago and suddenly re-retired when they realized most of the community was idiots.

They probably moreso didn't like the new playing style, as old school players tend to. The waiting for spawns, the maxing jans, the selfkilling for perfects. That's been my experience with older players who come back.

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

schrute wrote:Turkey, if you're talking about that one pug where you didn't want to rush because you had low hp, you were the only reborn boss that could. We had a lando, a demo, and 2 reborn bosses. One reborn boss was in their spawn because they had gotten in to kill the tesh. Therefore, you were the only reborn boss that could have gone. It's not that we weren't listening, it's that there was nothing we could do about it.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Turky wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:Vox, Chew, and Black all came back a few months ago and suddenly re-retired when they realized most of the community was idiots.

They probably moreso didn't like the new playing style, as old school players tend to. The waiting for spawns, the maxing jans, the selfkilling for perfects. That's been my experience with older players who come back.

This.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.