Racist, loser fags in Tempest

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Ramshi

Racist, loser fags in Tempest

Post by Ramshi »

I was on Kurgan's Meatgrinder the other day, and I was on Korriban D owning the bots and two real guys as demo. They both started raging and one of them changed his name to "Ramshi is Cunt". After the match it changed to some FFA stuff, and I stayed a while, and then the two guys started calling me nig g er and nig g er lover and stuff, and then the map changed to CTF so I left.
A few minutes later, I connected to Tempest, and I saw two guys on Desert O vsing nobody. So I went in on D, changed my name to Ramshi, and the first thing I see when I go in is one of them saying "Ramshi is a cunt". I could tell that those two guys were the exact same people I'd seen in Meatgrinder.
After a while, quite a few people joined and my team was doing pretty good. And then, one of my teammates killed one of the fags, then gripped the other one and he got blasted by the turret in Station 3, and I just said 'owned', and then all the nig g er comments and the 'f**k you' started again, so I kicked one of them, then the other starts full out raging at me with the ngr comments so I kicked him too.
Now I consulted Magyk later and he said that the racism was definitely a bannable offense, so when Guard sees this post, hopfeully they get banned.
Names: BossNass and the other dude something like NukeAfrika.
Time: Meatgrinder AEST 4/01/12 1800-1830. Tempest 1830-1900.
Idk if Guard can check the Meatgrinder logs though :S. There was lots of swearing and racism there.
Plz ban ASAP if possible.
Attachments
Racist comments
Racist comments
Meatgrinder guy name change
Meatgrinder guy name change

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: Racist, loser fags in Tempest

Post by Magyk »

heh, well I didn't say it was bannable - but I definitely said it was punishable.
3. No racism, bigotry, or other excessive discrimination and disrespect. (A silencable offense)

This will be defined as:
-Using derogatory terms in any manner
-Verbally snowtroopering on one specific player in a clearly discriminatory manner
-This also applies to discriminator names

I believe (I'd double check this) that it's at first a silencable offense - since I'm not sure you have silence as an admin power, you probably did the right thing by kicking them if they were being unreasonably discriminatory.
I wouldn't say this is bannable right off, but I would advise everyone to keep an eye out for them and eventually we can probably build a bannable case against them.

Hopefully they just don't show up ever again.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Give your times in GMT, faggot.

And someone shittalking you for owning them is not bannable. If it were, then half the Tempest siege community would be banned on account of me. That's not what we're about.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Turky wrote:Give your times in GMT, faggot.

And someone shittalking you for owning them is not bannable. If it were, then half the Tempest siege community would be banned on account of me. That's not what we're about.
GMT +10, then. And i wasn't even owning that hard anyway.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Turky wrote:Give your times in GMT, faggot.

Wrong Turkey, New Ramshire is in the right here.

Freedom of speech is only permitted short of rule 3 of the official tempest rules, which clearly highlights racism.

GUARD!AN wrote:
Free speech short of rule 3.

-If you think the admins are c***suckers, you are free to say it.
-If you think you are the greatest sieger to grace the game, you are free to say it

GUARD!AN wrote:
3. No racism, bigotry, or other excessive discrimination and disrespect. (A silencable offense)

This will be defined as:
-Using derogatory terms in any manner
-Verbally snowtroopering on one specific player in a clearly discriminatory manner
-This also applies to discriminator names

Axiw

Post by Axiw »

yea but we cant just kick/ban every1 who says wookiee... In tempest you can yews /ignore anyway :D

Edit: got owned by filter :|

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I think kicking is a perfectly acceptable action (given he doesn't have silence, which I don't believe he does - though I could be wrong) especially given the crowded nature of the server at the time - it wasn't as if it was just the three of them. I think New Ramshire took appropriate action to keep Tempest running smoothly. One can probably guess that a duo of players with those types of attitudes would also be the type to lame objectives, intentionally sabotage team mines, etc.

I think it's far from a bannable offense, but if the problem persists and/or worsens I think a case could be made against them for removal altogether. Hopefully they just stay at Kurgan's though, and away from Tempest.

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

GJ there Ramshi ;)
Though, if you actually have silence, I'd go for it first myself. Anyway, good work on getting rid of them
~Silver Blur

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

But wookiee is such a great word to say!

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

Kyle Katarn wrote:We should feed Rosh to something nasty...

Luke Skywalker wrote:No...

Kyle Katarn wrote:Oh, Come on...

Luke Skywalker wrote:Kyle...

Kyle Katarn wrote:Wookie feet...

Luke Skywalker wrote:I said no.

Kyle Katarn wrote:ok....

reborn boss Academy Edited FTW
~Silver Blur