Application for Adminship on Tempest

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Sqrl2k
Dem Emos Ain't Got Shit On The Squirrel Man.

Re: Application for Adminship on Tempest

Post by Sqrl2k »

Magyk wrote:I vouch for any dudes who have a good attitude and play Tempest regularly. We're giving them either Instructor or Knight, it isn't like we're handing them rcon and saying "Go blow shit up."
Ultimately, I don't think the vouch from an admin does much besides put you up for consideration which a council admin would have to decide, ie: Guard, Archi, etc.

Pretty much, The big leagues choose who becomes admin. He can be vouched but it's entirely up to Guard and Arch or whomever to decide it. :3

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Magyk wrote:I don't think the vouch from an admin does much besides put you up for consideration which a council admin would have to decide, ie: Guard, Archi, etc.

Wait...since I got council, I can choose peeps...?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Mike, you're probably one of the most qualified dudes to dole out admin we have. You're probably the most level headed person in this joint.

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

so that means..... :roll:
~Silver Blur

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Magyk wrote:Mike, you're probably one of the most qualified dudes to dole out admin we have. You're probably the most level headed person in this joint.

Thanks, I think. Still not all that comfortable wielding all that power yet, but I'll get used to it.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

He i second magyks notion about mike. 8-) He is a chill dude. Lol As for adminig yes unfortunately spammer and trollers are allowed. I takes self control not to just go madmin and rage kick 'em. I came up with a solution to that tho. I dont log in unless i have to. Usually most ppl play nice. Ocassionaly they need reminding but.... Usually if u r good enuf u can get round spammers and stuff. I believe if some is just being annoying to u u can ignore them with some cmd...at least i think there a cmd for it....Yes i think so look under player cmds in tempest. Also wanted to ask u somtin... waz is a recon admin?

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I think that whoever vouches for a dude should make sure that he knows the server rules, when to do what to enforce those rules, and how to conduct himself as a player with admin.

Also, all admins should be REQUIRED to ALWAYS yews a CFG to log into admin to prevent any slip-ups and broadcasting the admin passwords to the whole server. Whether they make it or the person who vouched for him makes one and sends it to him. (If you can't make a txt that says /amlogin PASSWORD and save it out as a .CFG, then you may not need admin...lol...just say'n)

I know that sounds kinda stuffy, but

A) Dudes should really know the server rules before using admin...I think that's a given.

B) Kicking people should be used as a last resort to getting people to follow the rules. Many times simply asking them to stop and/or explaining what they are doing wrong is enough and nobody gets their panties in a twist.

C) A person with admin on the server should be extra careful not to be a dick or do stupid shit while on the servers....and not just with admin...Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.

Anyway, these are not official rules, of course...but that's my two cents worth.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

I remember once in a previous clan an admin tried to log in and broadcast it in the middle of a fulll server... We ended up with no server for a month XD
lol, I always used the .cfg when I was admin (now going emo remembering old clan :cry: )
Max Rambone wrote:Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.

I likes
~Silver Blur

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

The reason we have the vouching system is because I am not involved enough anymore in pubbing to personally monitor and anonymously test admins like I used to do when rs was made.

What really irks me is when people start enforcing their own rules. I am still unsure of whether or not it is due to them not really having read the rules properly in the first place, or they lost their temper so much that they felt they needed to yews their admin powers for vigilante purposes.

I recall skimming through a thread a few weeks ago on my phone that someone had made requesting some players to be banned for renaming to "<victim> is a cunt" and was a little alarmed, because based on that post it seemed to me like the admin hadn't actually read through the rules properly. I don't really care about the details anymore or who it was, but I hope the admin learned that you need to have a thick skin online, and just because you have admin powers doesn't mean you should remind everyone you do when you are mad.

Anyways, whoever is vouching for silver, send me a PM and CC him that you vouch for him then you can give silver the password. I hope you have read the rules thoroughly.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Sqrl2k
Dem Emos Ain't Got Shit On The Squirrel Man.

Post by Sqrl2k »

Max Rambone wrote: Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.

I agree with this. Should be monogrammed on a pillow.