Lag

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Juice

Re: Lag

Post by Juice »

I thought he said it was in the Washington D.C. area?

Wufei Chang

Post by Wufei Chang »

impulse is in the DC area not Tempest
2 Mobile Suits to choose from: Blitz , and Altron

Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I'm euro and i get no lag 0_o and spamming does lead to lag because the amount of carnage/explostions actually it causes you cpu to work harder and yes a better pc because if i put in another gb of ram i would lag alot less (There is FPS lag and basic internet lag) but i guess it also has alot to do with location
*loved people*
<33 Sakke <33 He's my lover
<3 tensor <3 I'm His Hoe
<3 guard <3

*weird people*
......Afro...... He's just random alot!

*Hated people*
Turkey
Duo Cry's too much
Kera Cry's even more than Duo...

Black

Post by Black »

I have only been back to ja for a short time, but I play only on tempest. It is generally laggy for me too. And as the answer to causes of individual lag, a slower/little amount of ram lag is not the same as network lag. Network lag is a server issue while pc lag is graphics/framerate related. Never will upgrading a pc affect having network lag.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

si, my pc has 4 gigs of ram and a 8600 gts OC, like using an elephant gun on a house fly for ja. the network lag is the issue.

For future ref, try to get servers central to the US, so everyone has the same advantage.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Everyone?
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

CHEW wrote:For future ref, try to get servers central to the US, so everyone has the same advantage.

we also have euros...

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Black wrote:I have only been back to ja for a short time, but I play only on tempest. It is generally laggy for me too. And as the answer to causes of individual lag, a slower/little amount of ram lag is not the same as network lag. Network lag is a server issue while pc lag is graphics/framerate related. Never will upgrading a pc affect having network lag.

I caught you red handed today with /rate 4000 8-)

Chew was at 26500, so I don't know what the deal is with his relationship with the server.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

ReviE

Post by ReviE »

ya, the server is laggy about 30% of the time for me

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Make a config and name it whatever you want....

ping.cfg for example...
seta com_hunkmegs "512" //set this to about 1/3 - 1/2 if your system RAM.

seta com_maxfps "125"
//anything over 125 is useless

seta cg_drawFPS "0" // I know alot of peeps yews this, but it really takes more 'juice' to yews it.

seta cg_lagometer "0" // Leave this at ZERO unless you're investigating network problems.

r_fastsky "1" // Makes the sky black and increases FPS.

seta cl_maxpackets "100" // If you have a low ping already, yews 100. If your ping sux try 30 - 100 to find your sweet spot.

seta cg_smoothclients "1" // This will keep you from lagging because of other lagging players...DO NOT yews IF YOU'RE USING A NEGATIVE CL_TIMENUDGE VALUE!!!!

seta cl_timenudge "0" // This setting can make your ping feel lower at the expense of making other players choppy. start with -20 and go down from there.... -30, -40, etc until you find a sweet spot....NEGATIVE NUMBERS. If things are too choppy, leave it at ZERO.

seta cl_packetdups "1" // This sets how many times your client will send duplicate packets in case of packet loss. ZERO being optimal IF you never drop any packets....this is another setting you just have to play with depending on your setup.

rate 26500 //Self-explanatory.....no need to play with this one.

snaps 40 // This should be set to whatever the server has set....guard says 40, so I imagine it should be 40
Save it to your base folder and exec it in game......change settings as needed until you find what works for you.

~archi

p.s. - These settings are a mixture of network/FPS tweaks.
Eventus stultorum magister.