Official Tempest Lamer List and Crackdown

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
A nub is In Ur Forum

Re: Official Tempest Lamer List and Crackdown

Post by A nub is In Ur Forum »

Retracted.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Guard used to lame with me and Duo at like 4 in the morning when a bunch of polaks and shit were on the server.

Most of them didn't even speak English or really know what was going on. They performed marginally better (or worse, in some cases) than the bots.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

oh cmon we werent talking about yaw or oldschol gameplay, anyways yaw just sux in ja+ servers cuz works different on dmg, specjoin is a ugly thing to do no matter where u playing, unless its not intended to stop the enemy as u said about nubs trying to join the best team, if that happens exactly in the moment u spanw8 it would be pure coincidence tho

but so if u wouldnt be allowed to know the spawntime, also why know about selfkill, lets play w/o sk then...

its ethernal discussion about all those exploits, why sk why yaw why not spam, why even open console? :P

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I've also spoken out about self-killing.....

Semi-lame but widely-used (In JA anyway)....meh.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

1. Roger>

edit: btw now a weird example came to my mind:

once in a pug turk jawa and me were defending hoth, (dont remember how many ppl where playing tho), jawa maxed himself and didnt specjoin but /recon'd therefore turk rejected continue playing as jawa didnt respect rules, probably if turk didnt say anything, our rivals wouldnt notice the 'hax', did turk made the correct in that case? yes imo

ofc pug were killed after that hahah

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

I think that if the good/respectable players would make a point to join the obviously disadvantaged team, instead of joining the obviously advantaged team, gameplay would improve literally for everyone. Where''s the fun in round after round of one-sided battles?

I've never used yaw but I do spin for certain objectives. I have a cheap laser mouse and yews normal sens but it seems to come close to yaw dmg for objectives. I don't think it has the same uber saber deflection effect on saber-vs-saber though.

P.S. I've definitely, recently, experienced a spec-join in a pug that didn't result in a kick. I don't do it personally, but I do spawn-wait on Hoth obj1 and kinda see them as two sides of the same coin. IMO the map design is what should make both spawn-waiting and spec joining ineffective.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Same as the people that generally force their rules in pugs....wafflz, kera, duo...etc. They pretty much constantly spec-join in publics and occasionally in pugs....they just say 'oops' or something.
rofls
You're not meant to know the spawn times anyway, that's why you don't see them without a mod. :/ (or by using a timer that's not on by default.)
weak tbh. if it's a base setting then it's pretty much fair game, and i know for a fact that drawtimer is quite necessary in ctf to know when the fricken round is going to end. So even if siege has a green timer, it's obvious that the white timer was still somewhat meant to be used (ie, if you're dead and want to peek at how long the round has left while your spawntime counts down).

and you don't see people respawning in star wars either, do you? (boba fett doesn't count suz!) If you try to compare it to the movies then the arguments are endless. Most of these weapons don't even exist in the movies...

ps: pubs are no fun without stax. how else will the noobs get better? Image though i'll admit that once in a while i'll join the underdogs for a few rounds, then say, okay, had my anti-stax quota for the month, time to join the fun team. or, i'll stay on the defending team regardless of who's better, waiting until the tide turns and i can control the defense hold time!

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Wow.

'pubs are no fun without stax.'

I'm genuinely disappointed.....I would expect that from someone with no skill...I'm ashamed of you. :/

If my statement about you not seeing the timer AND the fact you mentioned about the game timer disappearing when you're dead is weak, then 'peeps don't spawn in star wars' is like....roadkill.

Not here to debate all this again, really.....it's like beating a dead horse.

~archi
Last edited by Max Rambone on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eventus stultorum magister.

Helaku

Post by Helaku »

Max Rambone wrote:Not here to debate all this again, really.....it's like beating a dead horse.

~archi
Fire!Fire! OPEN FIRE ON PINATA!!! :)
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Turky wrote:ps: pubs are no fun without stax. how else will the noobs get better? Image though i'll admit that once in a while i'll join the underdogs for a few rounds, then say, okay, had my anti-stax quota for the month, time to join the fun team.
That is actually pathetic. :|

I make a point of joining the worse team, taking a look at the timer, players, objectives completed and then taking my pick.

Yawing is ridiculous, it's very cheap, and yet I still do it. But only to balance it out, it's a dog-eat-dog world, I know everyone else is going to do it and I'm putting myself out if I don't.

I used to refuse to pullthrow, I suppose that's Sakke's influence, but I felt I had the moral high-ground until I just couldn't keep up and reluctantly hit the pull key when I threw my starwarsdeathstick, now it's like second nature.
Last edited by Laser on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Less QQ more Pew Pew