Official Tempest Lamer List and Crackdown

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Helaku

Re: Official Tempest Lamer List and Crackdown

Post by Helaku »

I saw a few "Padawan" lamers but it was about a month ago :D
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

i saw padawans who specjoin after u time 1st obj in hoth offence quite annoying

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Ýô wrote:i saw padawans who specjoin after u time 1st obj in hoth offence quite annoying
no names mentioned :| LOL!!!!!!!

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Ýô wrote:i saw padawans who specjoin after u time 1st obj in hoth offence quite annoying
That's not technically against the rules on a public server, TBH....Unless that counts as laming.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Turky wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:
That's not technically against the rules on a public server, TBH....Unless that counts as laming.

~archi
speak of the devil (lmfao)

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

Turky wrote:
Turky wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:

~archi
kk but if a dude does it in a pug we kick him, dont we?

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

depends who it is, and who's on at the time
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

if he does it on purpose we kick him no matter who is lol...

Helaku

Post by Helaku »

No, no, no, no
You still haven't learned that lesson,...
When it's a person of importance or if that person is called Guard!an or Tensor you compliment him for being a jerk...if it's Yoda, then you perma ban him...
It's so bloody simple, as this world is 101% hypocritical
It's a lesson I hope you will learn from other peoples mistakes, because when you learn it on your own skin, its da payn mon :(
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Ýô wrote:
Turky wrote:
Turky wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:

~archi
kk but if a dude does it in a pug we kick him, dont we?
Well, I've always been against the spawn-waiting thing, but you play by the general-consensus rules or you play a different game.

I'll wait for spawn 'cause

a) I'll get bitched at, kicked, and probably banned if tensor happens to be on if I don't

and

b) I know damned well, the other team is gonna do it.

Spawns should be random and based on the time of each separate player's death...not a global, constant timer. You're not meant to know the spawn times anyway, that's why you don't see them without a mod. :/ (or by using a timer that's not on by default.)

Just like yaw....It's one of the dumbest things ever if you really stop and think about it....

In which movie did you ever see a reborn boss do a spastic spin-in-place attack with a saber?

It was a cvar of the Q3 engine that I'm sure was necessary for game functions, but should have been locked especially when used to base a game with sabers....Does yaw help with anything else?

It's called an exploit, folks....look it up in your F&W.

So, in the end, I've bent my morals to continue to play one of my favorite games ever, but I never forget how it cheapens the game.

It's a sad combination of bad programming and punks like the kind who type 'godmode' or some shit in chat on public servers. :(

~archi

p.s. - I probably was not the Pad in question, TBH, but I will spec-join on public servers if my team is totally bogus....which it usually is. Same as the people that generally force their rules in pugs....wafflz, kera, duo...etc. They pretty much constantly spec-join in publics and occasionally in pugs....they just say 'oops' or something.

p.p.s - The only base map that spawn-waiting really helps is Hoth now that I think about it.....right?
1-2, 3-4, 4-5? I'm not too pro at it, but korri and desert have no objectives where waiting really helps much, do they?
I only bother spec-joining on 1-2 on Hoth because, if you have to after that, you've pretty much lost anyway. :)

p.p.p.s. - Gay pose dude, I've never seen Guard do anything I would consider lame.....but then again, I'm not everywhere all the time. ;)

p.p.p.p.s. - I don't punish anyone for spec-joining on tempest 'cause it's not against the rules so far as they read.
If Guard says he wants spec-joiners (other than field spamming) stopped then I will stop and enforce the rules as he wishes.....it is his server, ya know, and I'm grateful to have admin.

p.p.p.p.p.s. - The biggest problem with tempest as I see it is that most of the regulars will wait in spec if they can't get on the 'good' team until some random noob who's never played before joins an already shitty team.....lol.
Eventus stultorum magister.