The New Admin System

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.
Caesar

Re: The New Admin System

Post by Caesar »

Paradox is Gaurana Guy. Wow i was wondering where that guy went. He is a pretty chill dude. I just gained a lot of respect for you.
Bottom line Caesar became dictator of Rome, wouldnt relinquish power so his friends and a buch of others impeeched him roman style.
Now for those of you who like long detailed explanations......

Julius Caesar was born in 100 BC to Aurelia and Gaius Julius Caesar, a patrian family. The name "Julius" comes from Iulius, the family name. This comes from Iulus, the name of Venus' son.
At the time of his birth, Rome was still a republic and the empire was only beginning. The senators ruled, motivated by the greed of power in the hope of becoming either a consul or a praetor, the two senior posts which carried imperium, the legal right to command an army. With the help of the army at your command, from those posts it was possible to conquer new territories and so gain a triumph and the pleasure of knowing that your name would be remembered forever in statues and inscribed in monuments, paid for by the war.
Julius made his way to praetorship by 62 BC and many of the senate felt he was a dangerous, ambitious man. Because of this, they deprived him of a triumph after his praetorian command in Spain somewhere between 61-60 BC, they also did their best to keep him out of consulship. He finally became consul in 59 BC.
Much of the thanks for this achievement should be given to Gnaeus Pompeius (Pompey the Great) who had just come back from a campaign which had doubled the income of the Roman treasury and gained three new provinces to the empire. Although, because of Pompey, to become a leading person in Roman politics you had to have more then just an ordinary triumph.
It was because of this that during Julius’ consulship he pushed through a special law giving him a five-year command in Cispine Gaul and Illyricum, both provinces in the empire covering North Italy and the Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia. Julius saw this as a great opportunity to extend the empire either into Gaul or in the Balkins. While in Gaul, the most important section of the Roman Army, positioned at the German border, was under his control.
He was a brilliant military leader and lead many campaigns, which included; The Helvetic Campaign in 58 BC, The Belgic Campaign in 57 BC, The Venetic Campaign in 56 BC, and many others. The whole point of these campaigns was to get high public and political acclaim, he wrote about all the campaigns and sent the books to Rome so people knew and remembered his name. Aside from being a "brilliant military leader," Julius believed Rome needed him alive and in command, if peace was to continue. He once said:
"It is more important for Rome than for myself that I should survive. I have long been sated with power and glory; but should anything happen to me, Rome will enjoy no peace. A new civil war will break out under far worse conditions then the last.
While in pursuit of Pompey, Julius fell in love with Cleopatra. Who happened to be Pompey’s sister. Julius and Cleopatra met by a dramatic introduction that Cleopatra had set up. It was, she had herself wrapped in a carpet and delivered by a friend to Julius, and unrolled at his feet. He was 52 and she was 21, but her intelligence, charm and wit was what fascinated Julius. With Julius' support, Cleopatra position as queen of Egypt was secured.
Julius had all the fame he could hope for and the triumph to back it up, but to get the position he felt his achievements deserved, he had to take his troops across the River Rubicon and in doing so declare civil war on the state and Pompey. Pompey, the person who had got Julius to where he was, was sent to stop him but failed. General Pompey fled to Egypt while Julius entered Rome in triumph as Dictator. The battle for Rome continued for five years of bloody fighting. He was assassinated by a group of senators, who stabbed with a dagger in the back, on the Ides of March 44 BC below a statue of Pompey, possibly in support of Pompey. Julius had convened the senate so that it would grant him the authority to be known as king in the lands outside of Rome, but the assignation took place before Julius could claim the new title for himself.
Mark Antony, Julius’ cavalry commander, met Cleopatra in 41 B.C after Julius’ assassination. At first, Antony wanted Cleopatra’s money but quickly fell in love with her and his intentions changed completely. Antony and Cleopatra eventually married and had children, and they were each given Roman provinces to rule.
http://julius-caesar2.tripod.com/id1.html

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Max Rambone wrote:There could be several translations, but, basically, it means:

"You too, mofo?"

I may suck at Lit and Latin, but I understand context....

Despite that a mob of some of his closest friends wanted to kill him, he was most betrayed by the fact that Brutus was one of them.

Almost like Lando and Han....hmmmm..."landoing it" should be a synonym for "duoing it."

Perhaps "landuoing it" to be specific.

~archi

"Et tu" in French is what you say after someone asks you how are you are today ("Ca va?", "Comment-allez vous", etc) to say, "and you?" or "what about you?" or the like. ("Ca va bien, et tu?")

Anyways, Archi is right, assuming my english lit class from college is right too, except the mofo part. Mofo implies kind of a "i am pissed you asshole" kind of connotation and tone. Most people interpret Caesar had more of a "you have shattered me" reaction, kind of like the feeling girls seem to have when you break up with them.

Also, wtf, did Caeser just copy some random article online and repost it? LOL
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

GUARD!AN wrote:"i am pissed you asshole"

I read this in an asian accent. it was fucking hirarious.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Actually it was from a school webpage that we used for research. till had it under history/lonks and decided to post it. Does that answer your question?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

You have high school teachers that let you yews tripod.com as a source?

Mine would even let me yews wikipedia without bitching at me.

wtf.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Caesar wrote:Paradox is Gaurana Guy. Wow i was wondering where that guy went. He is a pretty chill dude. I just gained a lot of respect for you.
Bottom line Caesar became dictator of Rome, wouldnt relinquish power so his friends and a buch of others impeeched him roman style.
Now for those of you who like long detailed explanations......

Julius Caesar was born in 100 BC to Aurelia and Gaius Julius Caesar, a patrian family. The name "Julius" comes from Iulius, the family name. This comes from Iulus, the name of Venus' son.
At the time of his birth, Rome was still a republic and the empire was only beginning. The senators ruled, motivated by the greed of power in the hope of becoming either a consul or a praetor, the two senior posts which carried imperium, the legal right to command an army. With the help of the army at your command, from those posts it was possible to conquer new territories and so gain a triumph and the pleasure of knowing that your name would be remembered forever in statues and inscribed in monuments, paid for by the war.
Julius made his way to praetorship by 62 BC and many of the senate felt he was a dangerous, ambitious man. Because of this, they deprived him of a triumph after his praetorian command in Spain somewhere between 61-60 BC, they also did their best to keep him out of consulship. He finally became consul in 59 BC.
Much of the thanks for this achievement should be given to Gnaeus Pompeius (Pompey the Great) who had just come back from a campaign which had doubled the income of the Roman treasury and gained three new provinces to the empire. Although, because of Pompey, to become a leading person in Roman politics you had to have more then just an ordinary triumph.
It was because of this that during Julius’ consulship he pushed through a special law giving him a five-year command in Cispine Gaul and Illyricum, both provinces in the empire covering North Italy and the Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia. Julius saw this as a great opportunity to extend the empire either into Gaul or in the Balkins. While in Gaul, the most important section of the Roman Army, positioned at the German border, was under his control.
He was a brilliant military leader and lead many campaigns, which included; The Helvetic Campaign in 58 BC, The Belgic Campaign in 57 BC, The Venetic Campaign in 56 BC, and many others. The whole point of these campaigns was to get high public and political acclaim, he wrote about all the campaigns and sent the books to Rome so people knew and remembered his name. Aside from being a "brilliant military leader," Julius believed Rome needed him alive and in command, if peace was to continue. He once said:
"It is more important for Rome than for myself that I should survive. I have long been sated with power and glory; but should anything happen to me, Rome will enjoy no peace. A new civil war will break out under far worse conditions then the last.
While in pursuit of Pompey, Julius fell in love with Cleopatra. Who happened to be Pompey’s sister. Julius and Cleopatra met by a dramatic introduction that Cleopatra had set up. It was, she had herself wrapped in a carpet and delivered by a friend to Julius, and unrolled at his feet. He was 52 and she was 21, but her intelligence, charm and wit was what fascinated Julius. With Julius' support, Cleopatra position as queen of Egypt was secured.
Julius had all the fame he could hope for and the triumph to back it up, but to get the position he felt his achievements deserved, he had to take his troops across the River Rubicon and in doing so declare civil war on the state and Pompey. Pompey, the person who had got Julius to where he was, was sent to stop him but failed. General Pompey fled to Egypt while Julius entered Rome in triumph as Dictator. The battle for Rome continued for five years of bloody fighting. He was assassinated by a group of senators, who stabbed with a dagger in the back, on the Ides of March 44 BC below a statue of Pompey, possibly in support of Pompey. Julius had convened the senate so that it would grant him the authority to be known as king in the lands outside of Rome, but the assignation took place before Julius could claim the new title for himself.
Mark Antony, Julius’ cavalry commander, met Cleopatra in 41 B.C after Julius’ assassination. At first, Antony wanted Cleopatra’s money but quickly fell in love with her and his intentions changed completely. Antony and Cleopatra eventually married and had children, and they were each given Roman provinces to rule.
http://julius-caesar2.tripod.com/id1.html

Not GuaranaGuy, but I played with him a lot.
GuaranaFox was me.
There were about ten different Guaranas, and it wasnt a clan.
~Paradox~

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Ha o well i still liked those guys. As for the website everything is game as long as it isn't wiki answers.
Cause thats just random ppl giving THEIR version of the answer. 99.9% of the time they ar wrong....

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Well, the sub header for that website is "This is our history project website all about Julius Caesar."
Keyword being our. Suddenly doesn't look much different from Wiki Answers. :P

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Magyk wrote:Well, the sub header for that website is "This is our history project website all about Julius Caesar."
Keyword being our. Suddenly doesn't look much different from Wiki Answers. :P

Yahoo answers is where it's at :lol:
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.