RE: Custom maps currently on Impulse

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

RE: Custom maps currently on Impulse

Post by Turky »

Take a look at this:

List of all custom ctfpug maps

If I counted correctly, there's 30 maps here. And the only base map that ctf puggers play is ctf4.

Wanna know how many of those maps the ctf puggers typically play? Well, I would say we could be expected to regularly play kothis, talay, kejim, or nelvaan (this map is played almost as much as siege_hoth). On occasion we might find ourselves playing dosuun, manaan, orcairn/taspir (for 5s or more).

That's 8 out of 30 maps they play. The aforementioned custom maps topic states there are 15 *custom* maps on Impulse, meaning there's actually 18 maps there. How many of those do we play? 3, maybe 4. We almost never pug desert, I'm giving some leeway for cargo and korriban here.

I could just as easily ask this of the ctfers: are all those maps really all that bad? I understand there's some maps out there that just don't work, but some might be fun. I bet there's some we haven't even tried. We had a good h3h pug last night, that was fun. We even pugged korriban and I usually hate that map.. but I at least tolerated it. I don't need that spammap too often...

Some thoughts on that:

I've checked out Siege Mine II and it didn't seem all that bad, and USM can also be fun.

I think we've established that Theed is broken because the codes objective is basically a spamfest.

I remember we used to pug Endor back in the days of HELL pugs.

Destroyer can be a fun diversion if we have the right crowd, even though the space combat sucks. One of those less serious maps I think, it's mostly there to be able to have fun.

I'm not sure why we never pugged mygeeto much, maybe it seemed too cut and dry.

If you're just gonna tl;dr this topic, great for you. But I'm sick of playing the same 2 maps every pug.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: RE: Custom maps currently on Impulse

Post by Max Rambone »

GUARC!AN wrote:12. Siege Battle on Theed
Hoth, Des, & Korri make 15.

I'll play any map...pretty much. Silly and destroyer are two of my faves that we almost NEVER play.

H3H was fun last night, but I put the wrong version in base..lol...Couldn't find the eweb. :/

I think we are on the same page here. First thing to do is make sure everyone that pugs has these maps.

That's why I've made it as easy as possible to get them.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

tens0r

Re: RE: Custom maps currently on Impulse

Post by tens0r »

Custom maps suck.