Who to pick in a PUG...

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: Who to pick in a PUG...

Post by Turky »

Laser wrote:Magyk, Lord and Ghoul are the same person :P

As are Sith and rs sith xD

It's very interesting that those of us who have known him longer (and refer to him as Ghoul), rank him significantly higher than those who only know him as Lord.

The thing about these lists is that people won't be bothered to change their own individual lists, so maybe we should have a ranking discussion once every month. This could even be done by PM, maybe Magyk wants to take care of that and collate results. I don't know if this is possible but I have an idea that it could be done by a forum poll, and you have to vote on every single sieger to see where they rank.

This whole system has a bit of a flaw, too. Some people have only been put into 1 or 2 lists, so their average is sometimes really high when it shouldn't be. For example, Gaara.
A lot of dudes on the lists (like gaara) are actually rusty and don't play jka anymore. They play LoL instead (siege killers etc)

Dudes like that need to be regarded as "if this guy were to randomly pop up in a pug server, you should rate him as ___" (based on how rusty they are etc)

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

§ Vail § wrote:
Laser wrote: From what I've seen so far, I'm getting back but basically my offence is shocking atm, and my positioning play on defence is poor too.
we're talking about siege, not about your football skills
my football skills count for nothing atm, im not allowed to play until ive had blood tests and a heart tracer :cry:
Less QQ more Pew Pew

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

vail is a beast

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Max Rambone wrote:Well, once we have a nice base, we can then adjust the Master list as a community.

~archi
What he said.

Also, make a list for active and inactive siegers if it's too hard to have them at the same one.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Tried to post this earlier but the boards were screwy:
Kerafym wrote:Waflz doesn't even play anymore.

Fusion above Saberdude and Gaara?

DJ above me and Chink? Duo below Chink?

Supra above loldino?

Laser below svail and pipe?

All of these are wrong.
I've touched on this a little. The system is obviously flawed in a few ways, but I did say in an early post that this was just a base list and is totally up for debate and welcome to change. Also, like I pointed out before: the more rankings the more accurate the list becomes.. especially if people go back and update their list to include everyone (which I plan on doing soon.)
Magyk wrote:Obviously the more rankings/opinions we have the bigger the sample size. And the bigger the sample size the more accurate the rankings.
Sakke wrote:Two things:

First, can we make some sort of page for the rankings? Like the maps page.

Secondly. Your system has one flaw, Magyk. I haven't been ranked yet (0 points) which would put me on the top of the list. :P We all know that's not true. ^^
That again comes back to the human element being a flaw. If someone isn't ranked on any list, I can't do much for them. I've just been doing the simple math. I'll add you to my ranking to later, that way I can at least give you a rough score. I'll also work on a list of people who pug regularly (Maybe the top 50 regular puggers I can think of?) so dudes know who to add to their list.

And I'll add Jawa's list soon.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

I've noticed the boards have been playing up a bit lately too, Guard I think you should address this!!
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I think it's a waste of time to worry about inactive players and it'll only be more confusing.

Just my two cents.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Laser wrote:This whole system has a bit of a flaw, too. Some people have only been put into 1 or 2 lists, so their average is sometimes really high when it shouldn't be. For example, Gaara.
Also, I agree with what your saying (and I think everyone should just rank everyone) but since they won't, we kind of have to go off of the assumption that Xperson ranked Yplayer there for a reason.

For instance, if Gaara was the last person on someone's list, but he was only at #20 - in *theory* the person put him there for a reason, as they did have the option to put other people in front of him. (And in theory there are 30-Ghost players behind him to round out the 50 players equivalent to the biggest list.)

I'm not sure if that makes any sense to you, because it's kind of confusing to explain through a message board, but basically it boils down to the fact that the person who ranked Xplayer felt that Xplayer was the 20th best person. Again, that's theoretical. The person could have just been lazy.

If there are any other ways to compile a master list you guys would like to suggest, go for it.
It's easy to point out the flaws in one system, but it's helpful to suggest a better one! ;)

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

I've got no better system. And I was only joking before. :)

Let's call the list 'Top 50 (semi)active Siegers', or something like that, huh?
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

j3rk wrote:this list is making me want to pug so i'm gonna idle there. the only problem i have in the lists so far is that i'm too high on them.
An important thing to remember is that these are all based on the opinions of other people; and I'd be willing to bet you're getting a few spots on every list for just having potential to be a great sieger.
Like Turk said,
Turky wrote:Jerk just has things to learn. And he's pretty open to new ideas.