pubbers invading impulse

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
§ Vail §

pubbers invading impulse

Post by § Vail § »

for some reason everyone who plays the video game knows the password now. Impulse is being invaded by pub nubs who dont know how to yews the internet. I dont want to explain to them how to yews Mozilla firefox and go to the forums. The mass amount of pubbers made Saberdude rage quit after just returning to the video game. I propose a new password. Im mad.

Laser
Kopite

Re: pubbers invading impulse

Post by Laser »

Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

A forum called "REVIVING Siege" probably isn't the place to post about this tbh.

Instead of keeping the pubnubs in the cellar, would it be so bad to attempt to learn them how to really play siege and increase the population of experienced puggers? If they're beyond help, then just ban them. I'm sure were they really beyond hope they'd be content on Tempest anyway.

§ Vail § wrote:I dont want to explain to them how to yews Mozilla firefox and go to the forums.
Really? How hard is it to type in "Go to jkasiege.com."

We were all shitty, spamming nubs at some point in our siege career (even the c5s) so would it really be so bad to help out people who are in the same position you once were?

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

I agree with Mag, exclusion isn't the answer. Just make sure dudes read the Pug rules before allowing them to join. My $0.02, but hey, you're the pugmaser so it's your call ultimately.
4 8 15 16 23 42

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

i invite people from tempest all the time and i try to teach them rules.. garm,fisher,mizar,randir and alot of people. is a way to revive siege
they are learning.. and said "they made saberdude rq" is like said" they made turk rq" not big deal as i know saberdude is not the first time he rq and i m pretty sure he siad yesterday " ok i m out i g2g sleep"

my point is be patient and u will have more pugs with more players, try to help the comunity vail

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

I dont mind new people coming to pug with us, what i do mind is clueless people who keep joining a live pug. We literally had people joining it constantly, we kept on kicking them explaining to them why they arent allowed to join, but they relentlessly reconnected and kept joining. Im all for letting people with potential join pugs, but some people ive played with have no clue.
piipe wrote: try to help the comunity vail
are you serious? do you even know who starts every pug? No, im serious. I start every pug. Yo starts one with a bunch of people from tempest to play korri once a week. I do the most in the community to help revive siege.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

§ Vail § wrote:I dont mind new people coming to pug with us, what i do mind is clueless people who keep joining a live pug. We literally had people joining it constantly, we kept on kicking them explaining to them why they arent allowed to join, but they relentlessly reconnected and kept joining.
I vote for changing the text that appears when you join imp from "Please do not join live pugs" to "Joining a live pug will result in a ban."

I vote to change the password, and create a thread on the forums or a page on the main site that has the password hidden within the Impulse rules (so you have to read.)
People who ARE interested in pugging will go to the site to get the pass, people who aren't intelligent enough to figure that out won't.
piipe wrote:and said "they made saberdude rq" is like said" they made turk rq"
| +

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

§ Vail § wrote:I do the most in the community to help revive siege.
J3rk wrote:No offense, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

piipe wrote:i invite people from tempest all the time and i try to teach them rules.. garm,fisher,mizar,randir and alot of people. is a way to revive siege
they are learning.. and said "they made saberdude rq" is like said" they made turk rq" not big deal as i know saberdude is not the first time he rq and i m pretty sure he siad yesterday " ok i m out i g2g sleep"

my point is be patient and u will have more pugs with more players, try to help the comunity vail
I understand what you mean, but maybe a couple players at a time please? We can't coach 7 new players all at once on how to play siege pug style.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

I think I have found a good solution for this. It will take a couple of weeks to implement though. Will get back to you when the project is finished.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.