81%
No
19%

Total votes: 21

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: Lift Laming

Post by Turky »

Sakke wrote:People playing on tempest know how to play the game in most cases. That is why unwritten rules as no laming (bridge, codes, scepter, lifts) are all that is required. Name a serious pug with a code lame. Just one.
there are none. and yet people still lame the lift... not seeing your argument here???

perfectly competent players still lame lifts. Therefore it is apparent that the unwritten rule of "no lift laming" simply isn't enforced enough. We may as well do away with the "rule" altogether then, since there is zero consequence for doing it; and unlike the other lames, it is done a lot.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Turky wrote:
Sakke wrote:People playing on tempest know how to play the game in most cases. That is why unwritten rules as no laming (bridge, codes, scepter, lifts) are all that is required. Name a serious pug with a code lame. Just one.
there are none. and yet people still lame the lift... not seeing your argument here???

perfectly competent players still lame lifts. Therefore it is apparent that the unwritten rule of "no lift laming" simply isn't enforced enough. We may as well do away with the "rule" altogether then, since there is zero consequence for doing it; and unlike the other lames, it is done a lot.
I guess I've been too inactive lately then, for I don't remember lift laming being a problem in PUGs, only in public games. My bad.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

dadeus

Post by dadeus »

Okay so I think demoning is annoying.. I will take lift up and plant primaries..did I lame?/ Now after repeatily brining lift up..then force spec\

Turky

Post by Turky »

dadeus wrote:Okay so I think demoning is annoying.. I will take lift up and plant primaries..did I lame?/
in the way I am attempting to define it, you will have only lamed the lift if placing mines up there kept an attacking player from gaining access to the lift during that time.

Beeper!!!

Post by Beeper!!! »

'k- when I've spec'ed a few players on D (in Hoth), and all they are doing is not defending but just hitting the elevator button...I'm gonna fucking kick their Ghey asses.

This has happened a few times already - Westfield and a few others being the prime offenders.

'nuff said. 8-)

Beep!!!
Last edited by Beeper!!! on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakke - I just have one problem with euro siege.. I and many euroes have totally different opinions regarding how siege is played. I need only two letters. PT.
Turkey - it's spelled hangar you twats, hanger is what we let Yoda commit suicide on
archi ~ Because bragging about being good at a game is a good quality all women look for in a man.

LORD

Post by LORD »

GUARD!AN wrote:
And you also have to take into consideration the people that do it most, like for example, kera isn't actually going to let people punish him/self punish, and if he is vote kicked he might just crash the server, thus ending the pug. So is it worth it to try and punish lift lamers and sacrifice a perfectly good pug? Is winning really that important?
Omg if someone crash the pug by purpose only coz being kicked earlier should get a ban. Dont let noobs to be rulers of siege :evil:
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Turky

Post by Turky »

Beeper!!! wrote:'k- when I've spec'ed a few players on D (in Hoth), and all they are doing is not defending but just hitting the elevator button...I'm gonna fucking kick their Ghey asses.

This has happened a few times already - Westfield and a few others being the prime offenders.

'nuff said. 8-)

Beep!!!
this is impulse we are talking about

Duo

Post by Duo »

i agree

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Ok this december we will figure out a lift lame rule
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.