From now on, if you ruin pugs...

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: From now on, if you ruin pugs...

Post by Turky »

fuggit, let's just take out all forcepowers and sabers (maybe minus jump?????), and turn siege into a tf2 ripoff Image

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

GUARD!AN wrote:
tens0r wrote:Very true. I come from other FPS games that hearing is really key and I play this and this shit is just too easy to tell where any1 is. Footsteps, Jumpsounds, Head Movement....
Are there a lot of other FPS games with Mind Trick??
Yeah. Usually in the form of cloaking, or changing appearance to that of another players/teams.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

GUARD!AN wrote:
tens0r wrote:Very true. I come from other FPS games that hearing is really key and I play this and this shit is just too easy to tell where any1 is. Footsteps, Jumpsounds, Head Movement....
Are there a lot of other FPS games with Mind Trick??
Yes JK2.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Hearing is pretty important in any game. :roll:

In ETQW, you spot disguised peeps if they aren't firing their weapon or not picking up friendly items.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Examples of ruining pugs (don't bother trying to discredit any of these, I have seen it all):
-Duo going and demoning the hangar lift
-Kera lift laming or purposefully/intentionally and unfairly spamming the midget door or other chokepoints with mines/golan/rockets that make it 100% impossible to get through.
Do these need to be reiterated of late? I recall a pug lately with Jawa, where an opponent brought the lift up under the pretense of "the shield's still up." Problem: The shield went out maybe a couple seconds after the lift button was pushed.

There need to be more defined rules (as I've already tried to lay out) as far as what defines lift laming. Personally, I still think that anyone who takes the lift up to the next objective to place mines or a forcefield should run the risk of being served a penalty for liftlaming, if an enemy is left waiting at the bottom and denied an opportunity to pursue the objective. Probably better to make it a temp-spec than a temp-ban, since the aforementioned situation happens quite often with many different players.

Also, an update:

--Duo laming the cc when he's losing a live pug.

I'm not completely innocent when it comes to actually trying in stacked pugs, etc, but that's what tends to happen when certain players demand first pick to avoid having a particular player on their team, or when capts are obviously unequal. If people are going to make up their own rules, well I can play that game too.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Everyone makes up their own rules for pugs, it just depends on who's on.

IMO, certain rules should be defined before the pug starts, I've played korr recently where it has been agreed not to defend inside green at all.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Rage spec has changed to going afk repeatedly in the middle of the round without saying anything. It should probably be added to the list.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Fokus ragequits every time he gets held for a full 20/30 mins in the first round.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

I'm a god, rules don't apply to me.