From now on, if you ruin pugs...

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

From now on, if you ruin pugs...

Post by GUARD!AN »

You will be banned for 24 hours from Impulse. I think it is fairly unanimous that pugs are getting completely ruined too often and something needs to be done.

I decided on this matter mostly after yesterday, and Jawa/Wafflz/Turkey have helped me come to this decision. I thank you three for that.

And I have also decided that I don't give a flying fuck what the other team did or what everyone else is doing. From now on every person is accountable for their own actions, regardless of what anyone else in the server was doing.

Examples of ruining pugs (don't bother trying to discredit any of these, I have seen it all):

-Duo going and demoning the hangar lift
-Yo ragequitting in the middle of a Korri round (yesterday you really did kill the pug when you left, as I saw with my own eyes...and an extra 10-20 minutes really isn't going to kill you)
-Kera lift laming or purposefully/intentionally and unfairly spamming the midget door or other chokepoints with mines/golan/rockets that make it 100% impossible to get through.
-Turkey rage speccing (you don't need to do it for what you were saying in the other post anymore, so don't)
-Crashing the server (if it happens to ever be on base)
-Joining a live game when not asked

Examples of NOT ruining pugs:
-Jawa/Me/Duo/Archi accidentally calling up the lift resulting in lift lame because said players were accidentally KNOCKED into it and had +yews on.
-Tensor being gangbanged near the codes delivery and taking out mines ONCE during the pug in a fairly open area. AKA if you are not really spamming a chokepoint, and it just happens ONCE, I'm not going to ban you over it.
-MajorMajor/Jawa using lots of orange balls in the infirmary
-Also Korri is COMPLETELY FAIR GAME AS FAR AS SPAM GOES, it is too impossible to define spamming on Korri

Things that are wrong that I haven't really come to a decision yet:
-Blatant wallhacking

And it will be up to me and/or Tensor to have the final say on pug killing.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Re: From now on, if you ruin pugs...

Post by Kerafym »

Are you fucking joking? I'm not allowed to yews Golan?
You're a fucking cunt. Don't tell me how to play the game.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

GUARD!AN wrote: Examples of ruining pugs (don't bother trying to discredit any of these, I have seen it all):
-Kera lift laming or purposefully/intentionally and unfairly spamming the midget door or other chokepoints with mines/golan/rockets
GUARD!AN wrote: Examples of NOT ruining pugs:
-MajorMajor/Jawa using lots of orange balls in the infirmary
Kerafym wrote:Are you fucking joking? I'm not allowed to yews Golan?
You're a fucking cunt. Don't tell me how to play the game.
Please read the announcement properly before making ignorant comments.

The golan wasn't banned, making the midget door impossible to get through is. You can shoot golans at the midget door, but if you are just sitting there holding down mouse2 and watching the golans constantly trip people going through you are getting booted.

And I am telling you people how NOT to play the game (which is actually quite different). You can play it however the fuck you want within boundaries that I am drawing.
GUARD!AN

–noun
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,

Duo

Post by Duo »

GUARD!AN wrote:Things that are wrong that I haven't really come to a decision yet:
-Blatant wallhacking
Being proven wallhacking in pretty much any FPS on pretty much any server gets you an instant lifetime ban.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Yeah but the problem is that there is no way to prove someone is wallhacking. Unless someone feels like making a siege punkbuster.
GUARD!AN

–noun
the universe.

Duo

Post by Duo »

You can prove it 100% through rax jorises taken in spec. Like when I proved Elkoon was wallhacking with the slow motion gif of him following a guy who had him MT'd perfectly with every little turn he made.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

I really am amazed by how the JKA community is so accepting of wallhacks. I've seen in both CTF and siege players blatantly WHing and getting nothing more than a slap on the wrist (ie. being berated at the end of the pug, then those same people acting like nothing happened the next day).

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

JA gives a ton of visual and audio queues that give away peoples positions. Be it foot prints / snow particles billowing on hoth through MT, or hearing peoples jumpsounds because people like to jump more than necessary in siege for some reason, it's pretty easy to always tell where someone is.
Even just bullshit luck happens, a LOT, where you haven't seen someone in particular on the opposing team for a while, so you lob a det or two at a couple of particularly frequently used hiding spots, and you get a kill.

I'd say that the evidence needs to be dead on balls accurate that they have to absolutely be wallhacking, there can be no other possible explanation. And there needs to be multiple shots of it, too.

This is coming from me - I call wallhacks on people 2-3 times a game, at least. People I know aren't doing it, like Guard, or Chink. This game is just a REALLY bullshit game. If someone pays enough attention, they're going to know where you are. Always.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Very true. I come from other FPS games that hearing is really key and I play this and this shit is just too easy to tell where any1 is. Footsteps, Jumpsounds, Head Movement....

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

tens0r wrote:Very true. I come from other FPS games that hearing is really key and I play this and this shit is just too easy to tell where any1 is. Footsteps, Jumpsounds, Head Movement....
Are there a lot of other FPS games with Mind Trick??
GUARD!AN

–noun
the universe.