"Nah, I go."

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Re: A little vid

Post by GUARD!AN »

HAH, how did I miss this!
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

blind.jpg

SpaceJam

Post by SpaceJam »

turquoise dragon, i cant tell if people are joking with you about you loving dragons in a sexual manner or if you really do

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

SpaceJam wrote:turquoise dragon, i cant tell if people are joking with you about you loving dragons in a sexual manner or if you really do

Does my current desktop pic answer your question?

| +
dragon346.jpg

As for why, I could get into it, but it's a long story.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
SpaceJam wrote:turquoise dragon, i cant tell if people are joking with you about you loving dragons in a sexual manner or if you really do

Does my current desktop pic answer your question?

| +
<!-- ia0 -->dragon346.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

As for why, I could get into it, but it's a long story.

Curiosity killed the cat. Not that I really want to know, but tell me anyway...

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Ramshi @ Pandora mode.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Ramshi wrote:Curiosity killed the cat. Not that I really want to know, but tell me anyway...

Finally got the chance to write this out in full. Enjoy...

So, before everything comes the idea of reincarnation. In case you didn't know, reincarnation is the rebirth of a soul into a new body. Occasionally there are people who claim to be able to remember their past lives, or at least parts of them.

Now, following along those lines are a class of people who refer tothemselves as 'otherkin'. In normal terms, they are people who possess a reborn non-human or partly human soul. Under this are different types, one of which is called 'dragonkin' from having a dragon's soul. There are some people who claim they're otherkin because it sounds cool. Then there are people who claim to be otherkin for more logical reasons.

I belong to the latter group.

Now some science before more explaination....The human brain (all organisms that have a brain for that matter) have in them a 'body map', from which they can feel where their body parts are in respect to each other. If you want to try it out for yourself, close your eyes and then touch your two index fingers together. You are able to do this without looking as your body map is hardwired into your brain, and you can know exactly where those two fingers are in relation to each other without looking. This also comes into the 'phantom limb' idea, in which someone with an amputated body part is able to feel as if said body part is still attached to them.

Now, my body map isn't exactly human. In varying degrees of feeling over the course of time, I am able to feel the presence of wings on my back, a tail, and an elongated head (snout). I've felt the wings and tail for many years now (since I was 5 or 6), but the snout started in maybe the last two years. All of these feelings have, on average, slowly grown in intensity over time. Also on occasion, my body map posture alters from a plantigrade posture (standing on the entire foot) to a digitigrade posture (standing only on the toes) accompanied by a relative displacement of the ankle and knee joints, which can make walking difficult while still having the body for a plantigrade posture. Fortunately, that seems to be the rarest occurrance so far, so it's not too inhibative to normal life.

Then there's the memories. Around when I was 11 or 12, I began to have odd, hyper-realistic dreams every few months. They centered originally around a disembodied female voice that conversed with me. The location is what can best be described as a barren, endless limbo. In time, the voice took the form of a (in my opinion) beautiful anthropomorphic dragoness. She announced that, a long time ago, we were life-mates (married, essentially). After half a year, I began to take on a form that reflected what my body map felt like. Shortly thereafter, I began to enter this limbo without her presence, during which I would fall into a near-unconscious state, and these...visions would take the place of my senses. I essentially sat back as an aobserver within myself and relived random parts of my old life, wherein the previously-mentioned dragoness appeared in sometimes. After the second or third of these dreams, she appeared to me and told me that these were in fact my memories of that life.

I've been able to hear her voice even when not asleep now, first about 3 years ago. A greeting here, a few words of advice there, nothing more. Being the crazy guy I am, I've attemped to 'think' back to her, though I dunno if anything got back to her.

So that's that, take it as you will. Believe it, don't believe it, it's your call.

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
Ramshi wrote:Curiosity killed the cat. Not that I really want to know, but tell me anyway...

Finally got the chance to write this out in full. Enjoy...

So, before everything comes the idea of reincarnation. In case you didn't know, reincarnation is the rebirth of a soul into a new body. Occasionally there are people who claim to be able to remember their past lives, or at least parts of them.

Now, following along those lines are a class of people who refer tothemselves as 'otherkin'. In normal terms, they are people who possess a reborn non-human or partly human soul. Under this are different types, one of which is called 'dragonkin' from having a dragon's soul. There are some people who claim they're otherkin because it sounds cool. Then there are people who claim to be otherkin for more logical reasons.

I belong to the latter group.

Now some science before more explaination....The human brain (all organisms that have a brain for that matter) have in them a 'body map', from which they can feel where their body parts are in respect to each other. If you want to try it out for yourself, close your eyes and then touch your two index fingers together. You are able to do this without looking as your body map is hardwired into your brain, and you can know exactly where those two fingers are in relation to each other without looking. This also comes into the 'phantom limb' idea, in which someone with an amputated body part is able to feel as if said body part is still attached to them.

Now, my body map isn't exactly human. In varying degrees of feeling over the course of time, I am able to feel the presence of wings on my back, a tail, and an elongated head (snout). I've felt the wings and tail for many years now (since I was 5 or 6), but the snout started in maybe the last two years. All of these feelings have, on average, slowly grown in intensity over time. Also on occasion, my body map posture alters from a plantigrade posture (standing on the entire foot) to a digitigrade posture (standing only on the toes) accompanied by a relative displacement of the ankle and knee joints, which can make walking difficult while still having the body for a plantigrade posture. Fortunately, that seems to be the rarest occurrance so far, so it's not too inhibative to normal life.

Then there's the memories. Around when I was 11 or 12, I began to have odd, hyper-realistic dreams every few months. They centered originally around a disembodied female voice that conversed with me. The location is what can best be described as a barren, endless limbo. In time, the voice took the form of a (in my opinion) beautiful anthropomorphic dragoness. She announced that, a long time ago, we were life-mates (married, essentially). After half a year, I began to take on a form that reflected what my body map felt like. Shortly thereafter, I began to enter this limbo without her presence, during which I would fall into a near-unconscious state, and these...visions would take the place of my senses. I essentially sat back as an aobserver within myself and relived random parts of my old life, wherein the previously-mentioned dragoness appeared in sometimes. After the second or third of these dreams, she appeared to me and told me that these were in fact my memories of that life.

I've been able to hear her voice even when not asleep now, first about 3 years ago. A greeting here, a few words of advice there, nothing more. Being the crazy guy I am, I've attemped to 'think' back to her, though I dunno if anything got back to her.

So that's that, take it as you will. Believe it, don't believe it, it's your call.

tl;dr