MAGYK'S GALLERY

Show us your creative side! Everything from graphics to poetry is welcome!

Moderator: Magyk

Magyk
Graphics Guru

MAGYK'S GALLERY

Post by Magyk »

Magyk's Art and Literature Gallery
Banners

Signatures

Wallpapers, Splashes, Etc

Logos, Adverts, Etc

Avatars, Userbars, Animations, Etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forward:
| +
Anyone that's known me for a while knows I love to write - it's just an awesome thing to do to pass time, and it actually seriously helps improve your writing skills. Anyway, I'm ditching "The Elemental Chronicles" for the time being (as I've ditched many a story and series..) to write something new ; DRiFT.

Synopsis: DRiFT is set in the not-to-distant future (About two, or three hundred years.) Where a world government is completely in control. The world is bleak and bland place. You are born. You are told what to do. You live that life, and you die. Everyone lives like this, and they accept it. It's just how it is.
...Well, almost everyone that is.

Oh, yeah. There's a few pretty clever references to sci-fi as well as car movies and books. I welcome you to try to pick up on them and post what you find :P
Chapter One:
| +

Chapter One

"Oh my god!" shouted Phoenix.
"What, what is it," shouted Kirk, equally as loud as he jumped hard on the brakes. The car behind the two roared passed them on the shoulder of the road, it's driver giving them the middle finger. "What could possibly be that surprising?"
"Did you see that?" Phoenix looked at Kirk wide eyed.
"Um, obviously not buddy." Replied Kirk sarcastically.
"That car back there, it looked just like a Mustang." exclaimed Phoenix.
"Uh, you own a Mustang."
Phoenix was still looking back out the window, even though the two were moving again he hoped to catch a glimpse of the car he'd seen. "No, like a Ford Mustang."
"You mean, like the Ford Mustang you own?" Kirk gave Phoenix a questioning look, almost concerned "Where is your head man?"
"I know I own a Mustang, but that thing looked vintage, like, really vintage."
"How Vintage?" Kirk asked unenthusiastically, he punched the gas accelerating way over the 425 mile per hour speed limit hoping to catch the car that passed him moments ago.
"Oh man, it had to have been a sixty-eight at least."
"I know a guy with a 2268, so what?" Kirk questioned with a bored voice.
"No, that thing wasn't a 2268 or even a 2168, I don't think it was even from this century."
"Yeah, right," Kirk let out a big laugh "A car from the twentieth century around here, that's a laugh. All those cars are privately owned, or in museums. The only way you'd ever see one is behind a sheet of 2 inch thick glass."
"I'm not kidding. It had wheels."
"We'll talk about it later." He said busily.
Kirk swerved into the oncoming lane, no traffic in sight. He pulled along side the car that had passed him, pointed forward and made eye contact with the other driver. Just then both of the cars jolted forward and screamed down the highway at an alarming rate.
"You know that guy is driving one of those new Frenta A7s right? He's going to kick your ass." Phoenix chuckled.
Kirk didn't take his eyes off the road. "This old XID might be passed her prime, but she's still got some tricks up her sleeve." Just then Kirk shifted up into a gear Phoenix didn't even know existed - It was cleverly concealed by the interior of the car and was completely unnoticeable except to the driver. Kirk's 3031 XID steadily pulled away from the apparently stand-still Frenta A7.
"What was that all about?" Phoenix inquired.
"I'll tell you some other time. Right now you need to get your head where it should be, this is your big shot. Your only shot."
"I still don't understand what you mean by that though."
"It means that if you can pass this test. Or tests, I'm not sure how many, you'll be in."
"In what?" Phoenix complained "I don't understand at all."
Kirk sighed. "Are you really okay with this world? Being assigned everything? Parents? A name from birth? A place to live? A job? Siblings you might have? A pet?"
Phoenix looked confused "It's the way it's been forever, why wouldn't I be okay with it?"
Kirk slowed the car to a stop and pulled off to the side of the road "Look. There's more to life than this - there used to be a time when people made their own decisions. The world used to be a colorful, place full of life," Phoenix gave Kirk a look like he was telling some children's story but Kirk pushed on "There's one place where it's still like that, maybe more, I'm not sure. Don't you want to see what the world used to be?"
"Yeah, sure why not." Phoenix laughed.
"This isn't funny. This is real. Are you in or out, I need to know now."
Phoenix took on a serious face "Alright, I'm in, I'm in."
Kirk started the car and drove a little further down the highway before pulling off into the city after a while the streets got emptier and emptier, not just of cars but of people too. It was like an urban wasteland, but Phoenix couldn't help but feel he was being watched. Suddenly Kirk stopped the car, right in the middle of the road.
"What's wrong?" Phoenix asked again.
"Full of questions today aren't we." remarked Kirk. Suddenly the road gave away and the car started to lower beneath the ground. There as a loud booming noise as the elevator stopped moving. Kirk pulled forward, and shut off the car. He opened the door and slipped his car's VirtuaKey into his pocket. Each car had a unique number assigned to it and each VirtuaKey had a corresponding number to go with it - it was a foolproof system preventing theft a car wouldn't start without it's VK. People had been trying for ages to crack the system, and apparently no one ever had.
Phoenix stayed in the car even as Kirk's door whizzed closed.
Kirk gave Phoenix a look as if to say "You coming or not?"
Phoenix got out of the XID and looked in front of him, it looked like a vast ocean-sized warehouse that stretched as far as the eye could see. "Where is this place?" he asked.
"Again with the questions! Why don't you just turn around?"
Phoenix slowly turned around and what he saw astounded him, it blew him away. He collapsed to the pavement.
Kirk smirked "Doesn't anyone ever stay awake?" he questioned himself.
Chapter Two:
| +
Alive. It's the only word to explain it. Dead, yet completely alive and buzzing. Thumping with music, the music of life. When Phoenix turned around, what he saw amazed him in a way that makes one thing they've seen everything in life. He turned to see a vast, magnificent, albeit completely and utterly decimated city. The city appeared to be a few miles away, about twenty yards away from Phoenix, Kirk, and Kirk's XID was a steep drop off that must have been 15,000 feet at least. Despite it being day on-surface, the city just uttered "night life." Despite it's massacred state, some buildings were crumbling, others leaning against another building, some completely gone, the city was absolutely buzzing with florescently colored neon lights signifying hot spots. Apartment building's lights twinkled as a regular city's buildings would - stuffed to the max with occupants. The city was very diverse from tiny buildings to soaring sky scrapers that seemed to brush the roof of the gigantic cavern surrounding the city. Phoenix saw all this before him, and just couldn't comprehend any of it.

When Phoenix came too, he was lying down on a bed with a cool cloth on his head. He stared up at the ceiling for a long while before finally sitting up. He looked around and was saw that he was in a decent sized room, with white walls. It was circular along one side with a domed roof, the other side extended off into a rectangular shape with a flat roof. Phoenix estimated it was about twenty feet in length, and fifteen feet across. Along the top of the wall ran a black band that suddenly sprang to life with green lettering "Good Morning, Phoenix.....The temperature outside is seventy degrees Fahrenheit......Surface temperature fifty degrees Fahrenheit." the screen continued to scroll around the wall off the room with other statistics and greetings. A before invisible door whirred as it slid aside revealing Kirk who had a complacent smile on his face. "You said you wanted in after all." he smirked even more.

Moments later Kirk guided Phoenix out of the room and into a big pyramid shaped room. The far wall was littered with tools, tool boxes, welding equipment, and piles of scrap metal and spare parts. Three forklifts were also neatly lined up in a row. Along the other three walls were neatly lined up cars, five cars to a wall - except one which had six - all were colored with vibrant popping colors. Kirk turned to Phoenix "Well, what do you think?"
"I think I'm in car heaven. Oh yeah, and I think I'm going to kill you. Where the hell is this place? What's with that huge city? What's with the whole elevator in the ground thing too?" Phoenix started to ask another question but he was quickly cut off by Kirk.
"Too many questions too fast," he said "This is a garage if you hadn't noticed silly, and this is also the home of the Browncoats."
"Who are the" Phoenix started to ask, but Kirk raised his hand.
"That huge city is called White Fall," Kirk continued "and the whole elevator in the ground thing is just a flashy way to get down here, to White Fall."
"Who are the Browncoats." Phoenix asked again.
"All of these people around you are Browncoats." Kirk waved his hand. Phoenix hadn't noticed when he first entered the room but this place was buzzing with noise, and was packed with people at least twenty or thirty anyway. They were all busily going about their work, poking their heads in and out of open hoods, rolling out from under a car only to grab something and roll back under again, some were just standing around chatting with others.
"I don't get it." Phoenix said flatly.
"What's to get?" Kirk retorted "We're just your basic revolutionaries. And racers. It's complicated."
"What?" Phoenix half-gasped half-questioned.
"It will be easier to explain if you let me show you around town first." Kirk pointed towards a sliding garage door on the right side wall.

Pretty short chapter, but I'm beat... More tomorrow maybe. If not, Monday during studyhall for sure :P
DRiFT inspired Art:
| +
Very quickly sketched (and with a mouse in photoshop to boot.) So it's pretty poor.

A Mitsubishi XID

A typical VirtuaKey

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Re: Found these

Post by piipe »

LOOOOLLL xDDD
very nice magyk

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Dude does some sweet stuff.

I should post a collection here, but that would be inviting the wolves.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Pretty interesting the stuff you can find waaaaay back in a photobucket album.

One of my first signatures:

As compared to one of my most recent:

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

i yews to amd ethis stuff on photoshop but with pictures of miself ...
there is no way im going to show u xDD

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

piipe wrote:i yews to amd ethis stuff on photoshop but with pictures of miself ...
there is no way im going to show u xDD
lol like a girl when they pose for a photo in the mirror and fake a kiss and then put all hearts around it and write their name? xDDDD
Less QQ more Pew Pew

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

no like the picture u have but with cool effects

and its called banner at least here xD

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

make one for me with my avatar!!