HELAKU'S GALLERY

Show us your creative side! Everything from graphics to poetry is welcome!

Moderator: Magyk

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: Love

Post by Turky »

I know plenty of smart-enough siegers who couldn't be bothered to learn the classbind system. gaara, for example. I gave him the classbinds and said it was free game for anyone who could figure it out.

.... until yoda, no one had ever figured it out or had the patience to do so. Two factors, not just one.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Turky wrote:I know plenty of smart-enough siegers who couldn't be bothered to learn the classbind system. gaara, for example. I gave him the classbinds and said it was free game for anyone who could figure it out.

.... until yoda, no one had ever figured it out or had the patience to do so. Two factors, not just one.
I must admit, even I am quite weary of taking on the endeavor of using classbinds, even though I used to really wish for them way back when.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Turky

Post by Turky »

oh sorry -- by "no one" I meant nobody that gaara knew directly (mostly euro community)

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Fuck class binds....

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

This thread quite accurately epitomizes the siege community.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Turky

Post by Turky »

wafflz wrote:
Turky wrote:I know plenty of smart-enough siegers who couldn't be bothered to learn the classbind system. gaara, for example. I gave him the classbinds and said it was free game for anyone who could figure it out.

You SHOWED Yoda. You didn't give him the system and say "hey, if you can figure this out you can yews it!"

You were there for well over an hour explaining to him how to yews them, and answering the questions that he had about them.
I also showed gaara, and he didn't understand and/or didn't have the patience to yews it.

Gaara is an extremely well respected and intelligent member of the siege community.

Do you now realize the implications of what you are saying?

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

I like how Turkey takes all credit for making the amazing discovery of class binds. He's rather an expert and is likely the origin of said binds. Likely the one who also figured it'd be pretty clever to make a .cfg with the command because you need quotations in the command, which interferes with binding shit like that.

OH, WAIT, THAT'S RIGHT. I DID IT, SENT THEM TO HIM, AND HE FIGURED THAT IT'S COOL TO ACT LIKE HE DID IT HIMSELF BECAUSE HE LOOK AT WHAT I DID AND APPLIED IT TO ANOTHER MAP OR SOME SHIT.

Like, honestly, I don't give a fuck that you're spreading that shit around like aids in a whorehouse, but acting like you're a genius because you "figured it out" is pretty fucking lame b'rah. Remind me not to send you anything ever again, because I really don't want you lording any more of my work over other people like some kind of fucking nutjob.

By the way, Yoda's a fucking troglodyte. The fact that he can push a few buttons doesn't make him any less of an idiot. Monkeys can push buttons. This is no new discovery.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

jaw4

Post by jaw4 »

Turky wrote:Gaara is an extremely well respected and intelligent member of the siege community.
who the fuck is gaara

Helaku

Post by Helaku »

1.Can we call me Helaku,and not Yoda?
It just irritates me,because I know you're talking about me when talking about this Yoda fellow.
2.This classbind system isn't something revolutionall,because basically,you write cfgs to ease up your class-changing
I've analyzed it thoroughly and it only shows that someone had a LOT of spare time,to check every classname for hoth,des,korr,cargo O and D...And the small amount of brain to figure out the easiest combination of keys where binds point to...
3.Sorry to disagree,Turkey,but it really isn't that tough to figure out.Having read few last posts,I assume this Kerafym dude wants to take credit for his work.Dude,take all the credit you want.It's not much,but it's all that classbind system is worth
*Gives 105 credits* :P :D
100 for spare time
5 for the idea :D
:-) :-)
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Hey toolbag, if it's so easy how come literally 0 people have done it before I did? The only people with class changing binds had done it through coding, making an entirely new command to do it.
Of course it's easy to replicate something once you see how it was done. Doing it without someone to cheat off of is entirely different.
You would have tried something like this for 15 minutes then gotten frustrated and given up.
set hotho "bind f1 siegeclass "classname";bind f2 siegeclass "classname";etc"
The quotations are required for the classname due to how the Siegeclass command works, however instead of acting as the starting qutation for the siegeclass string, it acts as the closing qutation for the set hotho string.

If you all really understood what was going on, you wouldn't have a bunch of folders with 14 cfgs for each map, you could do each map in 2. Go ahead, do it. It's really, really easy.

By the way, finding out the names of each class is a really simple job. It involves a lot of copy and pasting. There's a file that shows the name of every single class on a team, for every single team. It literally took me 5 minutes to make the entire set up. It probably took you half an hour to figure out what was going on. :|
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.