Sonic Time!

Show us your creative side! Everything from graphics to poetry is welcome!

Moderator: Magyk

Silver Absolution

Sonic Time!

Post by Silver Absolution »

Sooo...
Being back here and seeing the gigantic pile of topics I have not read made me feel bored, so I'm posting all the drawings I've made since I left...

It's all Sonic the Hedgehog-related.
Why? Because I LOVE all their characters, and decided to create some of my own

My first OC : Aiden The Hedgehog
Version 1 (Crap, crappy colored with Photshop. It was the first ever drawing in Sonic-style I made...)

Version 2 (Got Adobe Illustrator by that time, and decided to give it a go. Also used Photoshop. Character got totally changed so it didn't looked so much like Sonic...)

Version 2.5 (Learned how to ink better in Illustrator. Better colors. better Photoshop effects. Included the scar that was supposed to be in the left arm in the previous version. Also black socks, cause I liked it better that way)

Version 2.7 [Current] (Softer, more rounded lineart than previous versions. Belt's buckle with moar shine)

Super Form (Made right after version 2, but forgot to ink it, until I found it after finishing version 2.5)

Have some other OC's, but will post 'em later, should you like these pics
~Silver Blur

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: Sonic Time!

Post by Magyk »

Oh fuck these are dope. Do you yews a wacom tablet?

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Was never much of a fan of the artstyle employed by the sonic franchise, but from an artistic standpoint, you got some epic skills here. \m/

Silver Absolution

Magyk wrote:Oh fuck these are dope. Do you yews a wacom tablet?

I draw 'em on a book. Then I scan 'em, ink and basic color 'em in Illustrator, and add shadows and other effects in Photoshop. Everything that involves technology is using a mouse and a keyboard...

Examples

Originals have some differences, 'cause I changed them mid-inking for something I liked better

Turquoise Dragon wrote:Was never much of a fan of the artstyle employed by the sonic franchise, but from an artistic standpoint, you got some epic skills here. \m/

I actually never got to make the very same style... I draw something that is fairly alike. I yews other proportions (charachters are slightly taller and less chubby), but I can get the same shadder style yet. The first version was me trying to make my own version of Sonic-Style, which clearly didn't end up well.

Later I'll upload my second OC, when I get some time
~Silver Blur

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

I draw in a pretty similar manner myself. Seems to be a relatively common way, at least for those of us who either aren't the best with technology, and/or are unable to afford it.

Also, no creepy OCs, please. That's my job.

Silver Absolution

No, your job is (or at least was) to post sexy dragon females all over the forums...
~Silver Blur

Silver Absolution

Here comes my second OC, which I made for a friend : Aaura the Sparrow

(Keep in mind that I post them in a chronological order. Firsts will ALWAYS be ugly >_<)

Version 1 (Made around the same time as Aiden V1)
"" | +

Version 2 (inking looks WEIRD)
| +

Version 3 (actually, this version is a look into the character's past, and so her hair is shorter and uses another clothes. But since it's better drawn, I consider it V3.)
| +

P.D. : Damn... I should've included Aiden's past look... Oh well, later

[Super Form]Shocking Aaura (I have to explain this one. Aaura is what I called an "electrokinetic", which means she can control and make yews of elcectricity. This doesn't really takes the name of "Super" form when powered up, rather it takes a name which has something to do with her power. This kind of power and form is based on Blaze the Cat, who is a "pyrokinetic", and when powered up assumes the name of Burning Blaze and her clothes and fur/skin change into different tones of red)
| +

Human Version (I was reaaaaaallly bored one day, and people would be asking "Y u no draw humans!?". So I did this. ANIME STYLE, MOTHERFUCKERS)
| +

P.D. : Also forgot Aiden's version....

That's it for introducing Aaura (there are more and there will be more...). Next is the 3rd of my main OCs...
~Silver Blur

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Silver Absolution wrote:No, your job is (or at least was) to post sexy dragon females all over the forums...

Oh don't worry....I shall....

You also seem to have quite an inventive.creative mind. Awesomesauce.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Silver, you should get a cheap Wacom tablet for shading. While they're useful for drawing too, coloring/shading is where those suckers shine. You'll never go back.

Silver Absolution

my mother has one. She won't let me yews it T_T
~Silver Blur