Magyk's Big Book of Resources. (MBBOR!)

Show us your creative side! Everything from graphics to poetry is welcome!

Moderator: Magyk

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: Magyk's Big Book of Resources. (MBBOR!)

Post by Max Rambone »

BTW, Santa brought me an awesome 12.1" digitizer tablet for Christmas this year.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

I was thinking of buying a tablet then I remembered that I have no artistic abilities whatsoever.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Ha im glad i made u laugh magyk. But really i dont know what that is or whats ffs is? All i know is microsoft word. :) Well i must be off in order to finish (part) of science fair today. None the less i dont like it.. in reply to the artistic thing, I can draw to some degree tho.... Well for tose of u in college i wish i had that long off too......

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Ceasar, photoshop is basically like MS Paint on steroids. It's a professional program that is basically like a digital art studio. It's how I made my signature, and all other things in my gallery here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1231

I just used a tablet for the first time a few months ago, very cool. Takes a little getting used to, but it's great once you warm up to it. Thinking of buying my own soon, actually. Where did you get yours, Archi?

Ranger Bob
troll

Post by Ranger Bob »

What kind of tablet are you thinking of, Magyk? I have one, but I don't yews it for anything but drawing, lol :)

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Magyk wrote: Where did you get yours, Archi?

Max Rambone wrote:BTW, Santa brought me an awesome 12.1" digitizer tablet for Christmas this year.

Lol...

http://www.amazon.com/12-Inch-Touch-Scr ... 667&sr=8-1

I've never really used one, either...it's kinda weird...but cool.

This one seems really nice for the price.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

The one I used was a Wacom tablet. I'm assuming they all work in generally the same way. That does seem like a good price too. Maybe I'll throw that on my to-buy list below a mic for vent. :?

and after doing a quick amazon search, I'm pretty sure this is the one I used. Sadly it's out of my price range by about $700.
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos4-Ext ... 21&sr=1-14

I found that there wasn't a significant difference over a mouse in drawing. Largely because anything you can do on a tablet can be replicated using the pen tool in photoshop if you know what you're doing (so I guess it did effect the ease of drawing, and cut off a lot of time - but there was no increase in quality) but it was SO MUCH easier and more accurate in terms of zooming in and erasing around edges.

Ranger Bob
troll

Post by Ranger Bob »

Actually, I've found that it's a LOT easier for me to draw with a tablet rather than a mouse. It's true, you can replicate with the pen tool, but it takes a lot more time and effort (It already takes me 1 hour+ to complete something, depending on the intricacy of the work).

If I had more money I'd consider getting a more professional (and larger) tablet, but for now I'll stick to my Wacom Bamboo :P

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

wow those things are expensive!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I guess it depends on your drawing skill really, I preferred the pen tool because I could see where the line would go before I placed it and backstep out of section of my sketch - but I also have no drawing skill. =S