Beautiful Dude

Re: Guild wars 2

Post by piipe »

do u still have o pay to play stwor?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

"No gamer is likely to forget all the buzz and hoopla surround Star Wars: the Old Republic [which] kicked off with over 1.7 million subscribers, yet slowly lost a significant number of players as time went by." 

How significant? According to reports, it went from 1.7 million to less than a million in a nine-month period.

In an effort to try and save the game, Star Wars: The Old Republic is switching to a free-to-play model. BioWare is a division of Electronic Arts, who released The Old Republic, and their new general manager Matt Bromberg told CVG, "My primary intention to to make as many people play this beautiful game that we've made... A lot of other games that have moved from subscription to hybrid haven't lost as many customers as you might think, in fact a lot of them have gained subscribers."

While no one can predict the impact of having a free to play model and if it will help revive the game, Bromberg added, "We do think the numbers will grow steadily, but we're not looking for some enormous surge on day one."

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

horaizon08 wrote:i like this game gw1 and 2 8-)

I don't 8-)