Project Euler

Discuss other games you play!
Sakke

Project Euler

Post by Sakke »

I recently stumbled upon Project Euler, since I'm taking a course in programming (matlab). Has any of you heard about this site? I guess more than just a few of you must be into programming..

Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

aradorasxeon

Re: Project Euler

Post by aradorasxeon »

I haven't heard of it. I am not into programming, probably I'd like it, but i have other things to do.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

The only programming I've done is very basic-level stuff for Texas Instruments programmable calculators.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

I'm on a very basic level still. This site has problems of different difficulties.
I actually thought you'd be into programming axon, and I expect at least Guard and Kera, and maybe Tuerkek and raptor are.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
wat?

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

No love for the EE :(

I would probably start around question 100 as below that would be pretty easy. I did some Matlab back in school. I'd be interested to try Octave, the open source alternative, and see how capable it is. Using Matlab to solve these problems could be considered cheating, since if you have all the library packs, a lot of the low level problems have been solved already, it's just a matter of finding the right function. Writing solutions from scratch in C using nothing but stdlib would be much more educational, programming wise.

Not that they're around any more, but Exar and Eyen would also be good at these things.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Almost took an intro level course on programming this semester. I showed up to the first class, and then got the fuck out of dodge and dropped it for a history. :D

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Maximus wrote:Using Matlab to solve these problems could be considered cheating, since if you have all the library packs, a lot of the low level problems have been solved already, it's just a matter of finding the right function. Writing solutions from scratch in C using nothing but stdlib would be much more educational, programming wise.

You're absolutely right. But I'm not solving these problems to compete in programming skills. I'm just solving them to learn to yews matlab.
wat?