Siege Timeline

Tell us your story. Tensor likes reading these.
aradorasxeon

Re: Siege Timeline

Post by aradorasxeon »

~ 2009 summer Xeon starts playing siege, on some german server
later server goes down --> Xeon is sad
later Xeon tries to look for "unknown gametypes" in Xfire but uses filter world or all (not sure which is on xfire) --> Xeon founds TEMPEST! --> Xeon is happy, but has ping over than 100 first time in his life, it's strange
Xeon plays siege
Xeon hates pt, especially against him, because he can't do it.
Xeon learns pt, is becoming better in siege.
One day lot of people on tempest, xeon goes and plays, later people start talking about something called PUG, and Colones asked Xeon to come. After half an hour of trying to get the IP, from this very site (at the time i was banned here, because I am a bot...) with some help of google, Xeon joins Impulse.
Xeon watches his first pug ever, specing Duo or Nub or whatever his name is.
1-2 days later duo rqs from internet.
~ week later Randir teaches Xeon how to PUG on hoth
(it means time passes)

2012. June 07. Xeon has boring literature lesson (again), starts telling about pugs, to friends who don't play game, they laugh a good with Xeon. Xeon sketches the very first version KTR
2012. September. 02. KTR 1.72 relase date (final version)
2012. September Xeon has boring History lesson, starts drawing, UWB idea borns
2012. October 10 UWB version: EEE is relased (We've only pug tested DDD once)
Xeon has mature exams this year doesn't have time for siege :(
2013. May Xeon returns to paly
2013. June Xeon watches Digimon, sees a channel part (maybe episode 7 in season 1, or somewhere there) --> p_D idea has born.
TODAY fresh version of p_D is out, and has obj rush protection.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

AmericanFool

Post by AmericanFool »

05?: Bought game. Played sporadically on Heroic server under title of (DJ)*David*[DikerBiker].
-Recall seeing Jerk, milkman, and dollarfiveo. First sieger that truly struck me as great (Though I am now sure he was merely good) was Stephen...Otherwise my memory of that era fails me.
-Slowly self-taught some of the nuances of good siege; simply mine placements, hoth bridge rush.
-Clanmate left siege for the horror that is FFA, my refusal to "chat" in the online world kept me in the fast paced environment of siege.

2007-2009?:
-Took current alias for unfathomable reasons...
-Taught how to "fan" by Fusion, or Siegest?
-Played mainly on lick.
-Invited to PUG by unknown party,
-Got raged at by keraduo
-Watched the rise and fall of many a lick leader...pops, pizza, vengance, crazynugget? thul, elkon, ctwopo, trk? tenchu?

Developed opinions on the various maps of the time:
-Hoth is near perfect and will never get old,
-Desert has no redeemable qualities unless you can Snipe (Only other viable strategy is to ignore killing the other team, and spread the map...),
-Korri can be fun in 5's but has a high rq potential, Cargo requires the most "high end skill"
-Jerk's massive map is generally fun provided you know your way around, plus it is unique.
-Became addicted to pt, was a worse player for it.

Modern Era, 2010-present:
-Switched to 1st person, gooood decision
-Got some classbinds, max'd self with them far too many times...
-Played a lot -But not nearly enough- 1v1's...Elkon, Stike, archi, pizza, Rofl, piipe, schrute, jerk, drizz't, Durza, aries, morningstar...etc
-Told to "get on Vent"...refused. Played more seej because of it.
-Came back at one point to discover Nar, incredible map.

free for the next few hours, come play.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

interesting that you switched to first person. while i still play primarily 1st person, i find myself using third MUCH more than I ever used to a few years ago.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Huh, can't believe you can play with first person. I hate first and ALWAYS yews third. Third allows you to observe your surroundings more and control dets better IMO.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Caesar wrote:Huh, can't believe you can play with first person. I hate first and ALWAYS yews third. Third allows you to observe your surroundings more and control dets better IMO.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I usually yews 3rd, and yews first with chewie (after too lot selfrocketing at hoth codes) or lando.

"Nah, I go."

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I yews third for looking around corners, boxes, and the like. I find it easier to air dudes with thermals from third person (at the ravine) for some reason too. If I'm playing chewie on a map like Nar where its possible for dudes to flank you, I'll play third person - but on the hangar its a straight shot so I usually stay first.

When I jan, at least on indoor objectives, I'm always third person so I can yews headmovements if I'm mindtricked.

AmericanFool

Post by AmericanFool »

Yeah I probably never would have switched, however when I started asking people about it the majority were playing first person, despite having tried both.

Only time I switch back now is as jan.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Well I don't remember exact dates but....

The very first person to teach me anything was PadTehGreat. Was playing some ctf with JÐub and Pad years ago. Pad challenges both of us to a saber duel at mid. (for those of you who know ctf maps this was mid on map 4) JÐub and I just laugh, because a 2v1 saber duel is impossible right? Pad raped us both in under 1 min. We are like WTF did you just do? He explains fanning and the importance of moving around during a fight to minimize damage.

I take like a 2 year break from JKA, and return in like 2010? I discover that siege is still alive. Begin seejing with Mag, Archimedes, Lorax etc.. Mag and Archi kinda showed me ropes, but essentially threw me in the water and told me to tread water.

And...here I am today

Hi

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I remember my first 'teacher'. He was called Á$z (=Ász means Ace), he usually switched names, because he was mostly hated by the hungarian JKA community. I liked him, and was trying to be loyal to him. (I am a very loyal person), but well our ways got separated. It was maybe my fault, but I'd say it was his. There was kind of a big fight (not in game, not in real life, but on chat, till i got borred and banned him from my xfire). Later I saw him lamming around with my name, that was his way to punish people. I didn't really care, because well, after a big sleep I was over him (this sounds weird, because i considered him as a good friend). So I quited jka for a while (and was using alias names like Med, or 008, even Zoro (yes with one r, because i couldnt write it right :P )).

Then one day I returned and found my order mates (it was said we weren't a clan). It was fun time and I started sieging around that time.

Oh, originally I just wanted to replay C's post and say I never palyed ctf in JKA (except that one hour with my order mates), but well, you know this too, now :D It came into my mind because C said the "very first person to teach me".

Oh lol now I've just remembered my first in game name:

"Xeon multipalyerben kezdő" which means "Xeon begginer in multipalyer" I called myself that because I felt so professional in singleplayer. That time I heard rumors that noone can play the game through on reborn boss master level without cheats, so I felt special :P

"Nah, I go."