The time has come my friends

Discuss siege map projects.
j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Re: The time has come my friends

Post by j3rk »

Soooooo g_allownpc was to blame. I don't even know why I had it set to 0 but anyways, the mutant rancor shows up now. So it definitely wasn't your map... it was my sketchy server admin skillz, ha! So let's pugtest this beast!

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

:D I knew there must be something with the cfg :D Thank you and let's test!

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Ok Xeon, I've found some (what I think to be are) problems with your map.

1. You can kill the rancor faster with an E-11 blaster rifle than with an ATST consistently shooting bullets and rockets. 5 seconds faster in fact.
2. You don't even need to destroy the whole wall from the outside with an ATST. All you need to do is destroy the top half of the wall and get a reborn boss through, where only an enemy reborn boss can follow (because other classes don't have force jump). This makes it really easy for offense, especially if you've already killed the rancor with an E-11 from the Data room where you delete the data files using the hack.
3. Personally, I didn't like the positions of the turret activators. Rebel is on the left and Imperial is on the right side in the Join menu, but you've got them the other way around in the room, even though you've got colours to label them :/.
4. This probably shouldn't be too much of a problem, but in order to erase the data files in the Data room with the hack, you literally need to max the whole defense team 10 seconds before they respawn. It might be a problem, it might not, but we'll see.

Hope you take something from my constructive criticism :P :D :mrgreen:

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

1; I guess it's because of the firerate, but I'm not sure, this Npc_spawner is a mess oficially the rancor now has around 358 h, but we all know this cannot be true, because it could be killed with 3 rockets than.
2; I have to have a better look on the hoth map to solve this problem, because in think the generator is built up from more part too, and you don't have to destroy them apart.
3; I can easily swap the activators, so in next version if I don't forget it, I will. :D
4; I don't want to change this while we haven't test at least in 3s or in 4s :P

It's ok, critisim can help me to make a better, and enjoyable map. :D

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

I forgot to post this yesterday:

5. The swoops don't respawn if you destroy them.
6. If you accidentally fall down to the swoop garage, you can't get up unless you are a reborn boss.
7. That door at the end of the swoop garage is extremely dodgy.
8. Not sure about this, but is it even possible to shield the entire wall area after it is destroyed?

Yeah, that should be it unless I can think of anything else I've forgotten.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Ramshi wrote:6. If you accidentally fall down to the swoop garage, you can't get up unless you are a reborn boss.

sk

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Sakke wrote:
Ramshi wrote:6. If you accidentally fall down to the swoop garage, you can't get up unless you are a reborn boss.

sk

such a waste

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Ramshi wrote:
Sakke wrote:

sk

such a waste

Time it, or don't mess up at all.

Actually, it sounds like you'd be able to force someone down there. That'd be cool.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

no, the point is, offense can very easily camp a demo outside their spawn, and once they open door they can just go down and lob some mines at the swoops.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

5. They are spawning after you get down, so if a reborn boss jumping there up and down, and you always drive around the swoops you can get thousands of swoops.
6.There's an elevator, which doesn't work yet.
7. I know that, but it's under testing how it'll be good.
8. Well if you place a shield well, in think you can shield it, but I never thought to shield that place, if you guys want it, I can make the destroyable parts smaller.