A question

Discuss siege map projects.
CHEW

Re: A question

Post by CHEW »

Magyk wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:Nub made a server-side fix....too bad almost everyone was a dick to him because he supposedly didn't play....hmmm, heard something real similar to that lately. :/

'Cause photoshoping some shit is much harder, eh?

~archi

Look at this guy, still trying to start a riot. The drama ship has sailed buddy.

You should know as well as anyone that lack of play-time was not the reason people were dicks to Nub. It was because he was monopolizing his modifications, holding them hostage, and basically not taking any community input on anything he created. (The big one before he quit was the zombie classes fiasco. Classic classes vs. Nubs classes vs. Trks classes)

Is your memory starting to go? Or did you just make up that lie about why Nub ragequit to try to start a flame war? As Chew would say, its time to stop "swinging your e-peen" and let the drama go for a few weeks Archibald.

At the very least make your drama-fishing less obvious next time for manatee's sake.. you make good fire-starters look bad with these kinds of tactics.

Not trying to further this, but seriously dude, you should lay the fuck off with posts like that..

Stupidity, insult, insult, insult, I am not trying to keep this going.............I think that should be put as the magyk defense in the siege dictionary. Insult you harshly, then try to look like a good guy at the end by saying he is not trying to keep drama going. Then you respond, and he quotes the part at the end of his post that makes him look like an angel.

but the highlighted section, I do not understand. Why were people bring dicks to him? He was making mods, he can make the mods in any fashion he desires. You don't have to play with his mods if you do not want to. Make your own mods if you are unhappy with his.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I remember, clearly, everyone saying "WTF is this guy?"

He was the dude that spent a TON of time behind the scenes making awesome mods and fixes for this game while everyone disrespected and took him for granted.

Pretty sure THAT was the reason nub, himself, stated for leaving.

Not that I condone what he did, but I know we missed a lot of the things he took with him when he left.

~archi

p.s. -- Magyk, just making "conversation," pal. :) It's not my fault you took offense to it....that's on you.
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I hadn't even posted in this thread, and Archi went out of his way to make a deliberate attack at me. Sorry Chew, but there's no way you're turning me into the "bad guy" here. Archi is just being a fag.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:The typical attitude among a substantial number of "puggers" is much of why I focus on popularizing pub forms of JKA instead. You wanna enforce attrition on yourselves... you go right ahead. Whitenamers tend to be a lot easier to develop for, and generally don't have 9006 conflicting demands that they rage over when any one isn't met in something they're not making to begin with.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Max Rambone wrote:
A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:The typical attitude among a substantial number of "puggers" is much of why I focus on popularizing pub forms of JKA instead. You wanna enforce attrition on yourselves... you go right ahead. Whitenamers tend to be a lot easier to develop for, and generally don't have 9006 conflicting demands that they rage over when any one isn't met in something they're not making to begin with.

You do realize that validates my explanation of why he left and not yours, right?

(No, that's actually a question. You do realize that?)

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Oh, that was not in reference to why he left....you see, if you read properly, you would see that this was the point where he started to say "fuck you 'puggers.'"

This was in reference to:

It was because he was monopolizing his modifications, holding them hostage, and basically not taking any community input on anything he created.

~archi

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Well, I never said that made any sense. I was just saying that was why he left. I also don't condone what he did. And I think you, me, jerk, and maybe one or two others are the only dudes who actually miss having him around because he was a JA genius.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Turky wrote:
Duo wrote:Have I even ever seen you pug before?

He doesn't play because he's terribad at the video game.

Laser wrote:Dude who doesn't pug making mods and rules for pugs.

That's just a few quotes that nub was constantly bombarded by over the years.

BTW, I still talk to nub on occasion.

~archi

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Max Rambone wrote:
Laser wrote:Dude who doesn't pug making mods and rules for pugs.

Not sure of the context of this. But I really think that making RULES for pugs is probably a little over the top, if he was actually trying to do so. The only serious war I remember with him was the one that was the straw to break the camel's back, so to speak. The zombie-classes-fiasco was the final big argument involving Nub before he quit. I remember being a proponent of Turky's zombie classes (as were a lot of other people) but since he was making the mod, he wasn't having any public input on the matter. Not entirely terrible, as thats where the birth of "Advanced" and "Classic" zombie came from anyway.

And I know he's still around, because Teacup is still up and until recently Zombieland Advanced was still up too. (Jerk runs classic, Nub ran Advanced)

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

First post from the thread entitled "The 10 Suggestions:"

A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:
  1. If you can't stay for both rounds, don't capt.
  2. If you're going to drop out, do it before the first restart. If you capt'd, just don't do it. If it's after the restart, just don't do it. If you can't stay for both rounds, don't be pickable unless you already have a sub lined up and everyone agrees to it (especially including the sub and both capts.)
  3. Don't allow people with no class to capt. If the better player wins the capt duel and proceeds to pick the best player each pick, with the range of skill levels in the pug community these days, it's downright unlikely for a stack to NOT result.
  4. If someone is aliased, the capts can (and probably should) agree to not pick him. Kicking/banning aliasers is unproductive. Bitching about it after they've already been picked is also unproductive. And no, your precious milliseconds do not matter that much if they're just specing anyways. We have 32 slots, yews 'em. You're not playing a worldwide championship match for over $9000, stop pretending you are.
  5. If there's a substantial chance your teammate won't appreciate your 'tips', keep it to yourself and focus on your own play.
  6. Bitching about people not playing is probably not going to help get them to play. Kicking them is, again, unproductive and potentially outright counterproductive, especially if they're just AFK.
  7. If trk and archi are playing, they need to be on opposite teams.
  8. If trk is playing, and any of mag/kera/various others are also playing, they need to be on the same team.
  9. Tensor is a manatee. Pissing him off is pretty dumb, and usually pretty easy to avoid.
  10. Thou shalt have no other nubs before me.

Not an entirely serious post...but I agreed with most of them.

~archi