Strike on the Rancor Lab

Discuss siege map projects.
Blackout

Re: Strike on the Rancor Lab

Post by Blackout »

Played this with you the other day thought I'd try to give you some feedback from what I remember of it.

Objective 2 - The only issue I have with it is that a D reborn boss can defend it by waiting for the lift and using pull. Maybe D reborn boss should have pull 1?

Objective 4 - This seems quite easy to defend if the defence team are organised I think that's down to the only feasible way of doing the objective being getting a reborn boss up there. The lift is definitely better the stairs though but I'd say this is a pretty holdable objective.

Objective 6 - Again quite holdable but I wouldn't say it's too difficult to attack. A slight change you could make though would be to move the defence spawn point slightly further from the spawn room door. People do seem to just shoot the lift if they can stay alive for >1 spawn which is a bit of a problem, you wouldn't do it on Hoth so you shouldn't do it on a custom map.

The objectives I haven't mentioned don't really need any tweaking as far as I am concerned. Objectives 3/5 are great btw I think they are really fun to defend and attack.

LORD

Post by LORD »

I think at objective 1, attacking team shouldn't be able to destroy doors from other side. When we played caesar went around base and destroyed doors being inside. But if it was meant to be like this its ok but everybody was surprised and confused after this happened.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I did patch the mentioned issues in the map file, which is on my home PC. So you can check them out in two weeks time :P Also I remember that you were talking about a lot of things you seemed like chaning Ceas, so please can you write them down here? Before I release the next patch - most likely finished version.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

MAP PERFECT NOT CHANGING =p

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

If you have any interesting opinions say it before the weekend, because I will have time to work on this in the weekends.

"Nah, I go."

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:MAP PERFECT NOT CHANGING =p

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

New version is up, didn't have time to test is myslef (might break the server, so do not yews special features such as flood warning! )

gl hf

"Nah, I go."

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Just put this on the server I didn't realise it wasn't already on looking forward to playing it so everyone download.

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

FPS is pretty brutal on this map, has it been compiled properly?

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I am going home today for a week, I will have some time to check on it if I will remember to.

"Nah, I go."