Re: Strike on the Rancor Lab

Post by Sith »

you have too much custom maps in your base folder
delete them and put only this one or get smod
https://sites.google.com/site/silsjka/home

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Promised you a long detailed post so here it is, if you want to talk to me about any of it just message me on steam.

1st Objective

-The shield needs to be larger to cover the whole door.
-Overall a decent objective.

2nd Objective

-I think the door should open faster or in a different direction if possible.
-Alt route should have lowish HP and not be heavy weaps only imo.
-Overall a fairly good objective.

Objective 3

-Maybe a bit rushable if timed properly.
-Overall a very good objective although the defence seems to lose it quite quickly.

Objective 4

-Ladder shouldn't be the way to access it, jan can demp at a spot that would take nearly 15 seconds to get to from offence spawn and knock off anyone.
-You can golan the objective from the spawn, or at least most of it.
-Shield hack is very inaccessible for defence, you saw this when I defended it alone for a long time fairly easily and you couldn't hack it.
-Overall I honestly can't say I like this objective at all, it's very attritional and uncompetitive in the main, mostly due to the location of the objective imo. I think you should try a more orthodox 4th objective I just can't see this one ever working with it's current location particularly.

Objective 5

-Defence spawn too far away, in my view they should spawn just behind the door at the top.
-Overall I like this objective not too difficult and quite fun to defend down the stairs.

Objective 6

-Hack would be better as 1-2 seconds so that it isn't absolutely necessary to shield it with a jan as it is very hard to reach the hack anyway.
-Spawn points aren't the greatest, offence should spawn just off the lift so they can actually get off the lift before defence can get to the lift. Defence should have there own side room to spawn in, if Is were you I'd put the spawn door where the room just starts to narrow towards the objective.
-Overall I think the objective has potential but atm with anything above 2s it should be almost impossible to complete.

Non objective specific points

-Lift buttons should have the trigger area extended behind the button and maybe at the sides a little so they are easier to yews, particularly at objective 2
-Classes are good duo mentioned chewie health but I wouldn't change it as rockets are a very good weapon on this map. I noticed the jan can give ammo by using, not cans, up to 10 and only cans to 5 which seems the intended limit is this a b_e fault?
-Regarding the map as a whole it plays reasonably well, there aren't any notable choke points, in fact the only place that got spammed was the lift on the final objective. It looks great btw so well done on that front.

I think that's all I can come up with atm if I remember anything I'll add another reply.
Last edited by Blackout on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Blackout wrote:-Classes are good duo mentioned chewie health but I wouldn't change it as rockets are a very good weapon on this map. I noticed the tesh can give ammo by using, not cans, up to 10 and only cans to 5 which seems the intended limit is this a b_e fault?

This is a bug. Thanks for the report. Btw it was actually able to go up to 25.

Dispensing ammo directly to a teammate was using basejka maximum amounts for the maximum ammo you could give. I fixed it to yews modified amounts, if they exist.

Fixed and included in new b_e build #36.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Beta v1.1 released

New download avaialble in first post.

Patch log:

- 1st obj blast shield enlarged. Now you can't shoot the door's corner from O spawn.
- 2nd obj, door moves at a speed of 500 (~0,9 secs to be able to go through it).
- 2nd obj alt route has 750 hp, but still only heavy weapons. I'd like to point out that you have to shoot that 35 hp, at the end of alt route, it is breakable by anything but the usual demp and pistol. Also I'd like to point out that alt route makes rushes possible in a way, so I might add to that anti-skip shield more time to disappear.
- 3rd obj button replaced, takes about the same time for O to get there, but I put it to a more defendable position.
- Ladder changed to a toggle lift, you will probably whine about it, but I wanna try it out :P. It also has a wait 5 for anti-liftlame purposes, but I will need to decrase it most likely.
- Oldshielding was redesigned a bit, you can't rocket/gollan etc from spawn.
- Added some random boxes around oldshielding's hack comp, so might be less of a problem for O team.
- Obj 5, defence spawns behind the door.
- obj6's hack time reduced to ~3,5 secs
- obj6's lift enlarged (about 2,5 times)
- obj6 O and D spawn points rearranged. O team spawn next to lift, D team spawn behind the so far unused glasses room. I'd like to point out that, D team spawns much closer to the lift now, so I'll probably have to change the door's location.
- Lift button's trigger areas enlarged.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

LORD

Post by LORD »

Heres proof this map is too dark :

GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Hmm must be something with my monitor then. I still see this bright :O. But sure I will add +20 to ambient lighting.

"Nah, I go."

Duo

Post by Duo »

I had to set my r_gamma to >2.0 to play your map. It's way too dark.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

New version out.

- 2nd obj, door moves at a speed of 880 (~0,5 secs to be able to go through it).
- 4th obj's toggle lift anti-liftlame wait variance decreased.
- obj6 D spawn points rearranged. D team spawn behind the glasses room. Door's location changed, to the narrowing part of the obj.
- added some nice design at first obj. (Big old minde entrance door)
- siege file patched, shouldn't crash server from now on
- D reborn boss class should have red saber colors now.... but who knows.

known errors:
- Next to the landing zone, there is a tiny area where you can see through the bottom of the map. This was most likely caused by bobtoolz's cleanup bbrushes function, which also made many other errors on the map, but those have been redone, and you won't notice the difference.

"Nah, I go."

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Project frozen untill further notice, I also am taking a break from pugging (got Uni things to do).

"Nah, I go."