Eat Sand

Discuss siege map projects.
Blackout

Eat Sand

Post by Blackout »

I have used the 1st objective area of desert to create the map and if the concept is liked I could do other locations and classes.

The map has been changed so that possession of the codes is required to plant a bomb. Only two chances to plant the bomb are available as after this the codes will not respawn. If your team's bomb is defused twice then you must continue to defend in order to draw the game. If both bombs on each team have been defused the game will end as a draw. The length of the game has been shortened to a 10 minute maximum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxbzvgir0ri71l0/siege_eat_sand.pk3?dl=0

Changelog

V 1.1
-10 minute round time
-Codes required
-2 bombs per team only
-Codes do not return
-Spawn points moved
-Icon added
Last edited by Blackout on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blackout

Re: Eat Sand

Post by Blackout »

There are a few minor visual defects on the map which I can't seem to correct however they don't affect gameplay in any way.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Nice, even though it's a tan map, I like the idea of it. I was thinking about doing something like this.

Just ran through it on my own.

• The map is really dark...
  • The bugged textures can be fixed
  • The bomb could look a lot prettier
  • No explosion effects(visuals/sounds)
  • I would use beep sounds to denote the pending detonation, like counterstrike. You can use different sound files to beep faster as it gets closer to detonation. I can whip something up for you if you aren't good with audio programs.
  • Spawns seem really close to the bomb site, and the bomb site itself is not particularly well-marked

LORD

Post by LORD »

I like tan maps GJ.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

The map doesn't seem that dark to me but I can brighten it up if people want me to. This release is mostly to test the concept I can add various visual aspects, explosion effects and the like at some point in the future. I can add an icon for the lick site too.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Blackout wrote:The map doesn't seem that dark to me but...

I say the same about ktr2, but oh well. These people like their shit with lots of ligths, so let it be.
I was considering making a race to obj map which also ends in draw if objs are not completed in time. I look forward to see this in action, later in December, when I will have time.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

People with dark map complaints should run through my zomb_tunnels and zomb_kor1 lol

LORD

Post by LORD »

Maybe black and xeon play with too high brightness? and when they make map normal to them, for others they are too dark. For example duo made hoth 2 too bright at the beginning.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Definitely going to make time to play this!
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Duo wrote:I would use beep sounds to denote the pending detonation, like counterstrike. You can use different sound files to beep faster as it gets closer to detonation. I can whip something up for you if you aren't good with audio programs.

I am not and it would be great if you could do that.