How do make objectives with GTKRadiant

Discuss siege map projects.
Fenix

How do make objectives with GTKRadiant

Post by Fenix »

I cant find any tutorial that help you with siege objectives. say for example, i wanna make a point where offense have to reach to complete the first objective. how do I do it,

how do you change the spawn position once an object is complete and how do you print off message and give points to the player.

how do you make something carriable , like the code obj on hoth, and make a deliver spot. How to make consoles that people can hack say to green a door or something.

how to do siege classes.

lots of questions.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Re: How do make objectives with GTKRadiant

Post by j3rk »

I think your questions are too broad to answer in detail. The easiest way to answer all of those questions is probably to examine the Hoth siege .map which is included in the Raven map SDK. Mapping in Siege basically requires a combination of using entities in your map (like triggers and info_siege_objectives) and editing text files in the .pk3 (like the .siege and .team files).

In short/generic terms though:
Fenix wrote:wanna make a point where offense have to reach to complete the first objective
yews a trigger_once brush which targets an info_siege_objective
Fenix wrote:how do you change the spawn position
yews the "startoff" key on your info_player_siegeteam1 and info_player_siegeteam2 and target those entities to turn them on and off.
Fenix wrote:how do you print off message
yews a target_print entity.
Fenix wrote:give points to the player
This is not something you map, it's coded into the game.
Fenix wrote:how do you make something carriable
yews a misc_siege_item entity and set the "goaltarget" key to the delivery spot trigger
Fenix wrote:how to do siege classes.
Look at the .team and .siege files in a Siege map with custom classes (like Cargo for example).
Fenix wrote:How to make consoles that people can hack
Create a console in the map and place a trigger_once or trigger_multiple brush in front of it. Set the "usetime" key to number of milliseconds you want it to be hacked. Also set the "idealclass" key to only allow a specific class to trigger it (i.e. "Rebel jan").
4 8 15 16 23 42

Fenix

Post by Fenix »

ok cool i will try these. ty for the info

wafflz

Post by wafflz »

j3rk wrote:I think your questions are too broad to answer in detail. The easiest way to answer all of those questions is probably to examine the Hoth siege .map which is included in the Raven map SDK. Mapping in Siege basically requires a combination of using entities in your map (like triggers and info_siege_objectives) and editing text files in the .pk3 (like the .siege and .team files).

In short/generic terms though:
Fenix wrote:wanna make a point where offense have to reach to complete the first objective
yews a trigger_once brush which targets an info_siege_objective
Fenix wrote:how do you change the spawn position
yews the "startoff" key on your info_player_siegeteam1 and info_player_siegeteam2 and target those entities to turn them on and off.
Fenix wrote:how do you print off message
yews a target_print entity.
Fenix wrote:give points to the player
This is not something you map, it's coded into the game.
Fenix wrote:how do you make something carriable
yews a misc_siege_item entity and set the "goaltarget" key to the delivery spot trigger
Fenix wrote:how to do siege classes.
Look at the .team and .siege files in a Siege map with custom classes (like Cargo for example).
Fenix wrote:How to make consoles that people can hack
Create a console in the map and place a trigger_once or trigger_multiple brush in front of it. Set the "usetime" key to number of milliseconds you want it to be hacked. Also set the "idealclass" key to only allow a specific class to trigger it (i.e. "Rebel jan").
So, P!ng, are you working on any MB2 maps at the moment?

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

No sir. I actually retired from the team a couple of months ago. I may return some day with some community maps or something.
4 8 15 16 23 42

wafflz

Post by wafflz »

j3rk wrote:No sir. I actually retired from the team a couple of months ago. I may return some day with some community maps or something.
That's be badass haha, all the mb2 mappers currently suck dick.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

I appreciate the props dude but I can't agree with you about the team mappers. There's some serious talent over there IMO.
4 8 15 16 23 42

wafflz

Post by wafflz »

j3rk wrote:I appreciate the props dude but I can't agree with you about the team mappers. There's some serious talent over there IMO.
They can make maps look good till they turn blue in the face, but until they actually have an understanding of how the game works they'll always make shitty maps.

Not to mention they refuse to allow the best bug-finders ('cuts) to do any form of beta-testing which would remove all of these retarded bugs from any released builds.

The MB team has their heads too far up each others asses to release something that's anywhere near bug-free, because the only people who get on the beta team are asskissers and faggots.