turn some SP maps into siege maps

Discuss siege map projects.
Helaku

Re: turn some SP maps into siege maps

Post by Helaku »

Pls to not be mad due to doublepost
t1_rail isn't gonna be a blue milk run....UNLESS you make up 5 or 6 objectives that people outta do :)
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

A nub is In Ur Forum

Post by A nub is In Ur Forum »

Hm... since I have some complete maplists handy maybe I'll throw them together with some comments...

JKA SP Maps:
  • yavin1 Initial cutscenes -- Probably N/A
  • yavin1b Yavin Runner II crash site to Massassi Temple -- Has some potential, seems fairly guns-class-friendly
    academy1 Academy audience chamber:Orientation -- Going to figure all interludes for N/A
  • yavin2 Academy training grounds -- Doesn't really seem suitable
  • t1_sour MERCENARY ACTIVITY - TATOOINE -- (The one with Chewie) Good potential, some similarities to siege_desert, probably guns-class-friendly
  • t1_surprise DROID RECOVERY - TATOOINE -- (The one with Jawas and sand-men) Could work, a bit long on the walking, defending the crawler interior has a lot of potential but O will definitely need basic force powers
  • t1_inter Tier 1 Interlude cutscene -- N/A
  • t1_fatal EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE - BAKURA -- (The one with the bombs) Large, but has solid potential - completely guns-class-friendly I think
  • t1_danger MERCHANT RESCUE - BLENJEEL -- (The shuttle crash) Seems unsuited, would require a lot of work I think
  • t1_rail CULT INVESTIGATION - CORELLIA -- (The tram) O would definitely need Jump 1, and Force Push/Pull would be extremely overpowering if both sides don't all have the exact same level: not even slightly guns-class-friendly unless you give them force powers anyways; also, I'm not sure MP can support the buildings 'skybox' type thing either (J3rk, do you know?)
  • academy2 Academy audience chamber:Dispatch to Hoth -- N/A
  • hoth2 Hoth Surface -- Large and linear, but could work, probably guns-class-friendly
  • hoth3 Echo Base -- Also large and linear... could work
  • academy3 Academy audience chamber:Promotion to Apprentice -- N/A
  • t2_rancor RESCUE MISSION - NAR KREETA -- (The one with the rancor) Would likely require above-average re-working
  • t2_trip MEET CONTACT - ZONJU V -- (The swoop course) You'd need to move the spawn points a lot... with more objectives added along the path, it could maybe work well
  • t2_wedge COVERT OPERATION - KRIL'DOR -- (The one with the X-wing bombings) Seems to have strong potential but Force powers are definitely required
  • t2_rogue CAPTURE CRIME LORD - CORUSCANT -- (The one with the assassin droids) Force powers required, but has potential... might work well with Korriban classes as-is.
  • t2_dpred CULT INVESTIGATION - DOSUUN -- (The one where you don't have a saber) Generally guns-class-friendly and probably has a lot of potential
  • academy4 Academy audience chamber:Dispatch to Vjun -- N/A
  • vjun1 Vjun:Vjun Surface -- Not sure the rain effect can be done in MP, and it would be guns-class-unfriendly if done anyways; without it, probably has potential
  • vjun2 Vjun:Interior With Kyle -- Lots of Force power usage absolutely required, probably a bad map for siege
    vjun3 Vjun:Interior Without Kyle -- Better than vjun2 for siege, but still probably ill-suited
  • academy5 Academy audience chamber:Promotion to reborn boss Knight -- N/A
  • t3_rift CULT SIGHTING - CHANDRILA -- (The reborn boss Master tomb chasm) Completely unnavigable without Force, and Push/Pull would dominate this map like no other
  • t3_stamp CULT INVESTIGATION - TANAAB -- (The one with the MUTANT rancor) Well, scripting the rancor is probably out in MP; re-working it as a simple progression map might work, though
  • t3_hevil DISMANTLE DEVICE - YALARA -- (The one with all the Noghri spamming poison at you) Interesting structure here, but Force is definitely required - if all classes are given Jump 3 at a minimum, I could see this turning out fun
  • t3_byss FORCE THEFT INVESTIGATION - BYSS -- (The imperial ship) Guns-class-friendly I think, good potential
  • t3_bounty WEAPON DESTRUCTION - ORD MANTELL -- (The one with Boba Fett) Suffers from too much non-linearity as-is... you'd need to spawn O at one far end; do that and it might work similar to stations on des, arming the explosives would need to take more than a touch though (hack? arm and allow disarm hack for ~30s?)
  • academy6 Academy audience chamber:Dispatch to Taspir III -- N/A
  • taspir1 Taspir III:Exterior -- Seems like it would work well
  • taspir2 Taspir III:Interior -- Probably one of the worst due to the sheer number of enviromental hazards
  • kor1 Korriban Crypts -- Could work, Force required
  • kor2 Korriban Valley -- Could work, Force required... D might be able to get away without Force especially if jetpacks are given instead, which could make for an interesting guns defense
JK2 SP Maps:
  • kejim_post Kejim:Abandoned Imperial outpost -- Guns-class-friendly, could work quite well
  • kejim_base Kejim:Imperial base -- Don't remember it too well but I don't think it would work as well
  • artus_mine Artus:Mining facility -- Parts of this seem siege-unfriendly
  • artus_detention Artus:Prison -- Could work, guns-class-friendly
  • artus_topside Artus:Topside -- Could work, guns-class-friendly
  • valley The Valley of the reborn boss -- Cutscene level, probably N/A
  • yavin_temple Yavin 4:Massassi Temple:reborn boss Academy -- Probably too small
  • yavin_trial Yavin 4:Massassi Temple:Ruined Temple/Trial Grounds -- With a lot of re-working, could be good, otherwise bad
  • ns_streets Nar Shaddaa:Streets -- Push/Pull would dominate, Force powers required
  • ns_hideout Nar Shaddaa:Reelo Baruk's Hideout -- The boxes room is probably bad for siege
  • ns_starpad Nar Shaddaa:Starpad -- Of the 3 Nar Shaddaa levels, this one seems to have the best potential for a functional siege map IMO
  • bespin_undercity Bespin:Bespin City (Cloud City):Lower levels -- Enviromental hazards, probably a bad idea
  • bespin_streets Bespin:Bespin City (Cloud City):Streets -- Decent potential here
  • bespin_platform Bespin:Bespin City (Cloud City):Platform -- Also decent
  • cairn_bay The Cairn Installation:Docking Platform -- Might work, the part near the end probably not so well though
  • cairn_assembly The Cairn Installation:Assembly Area -- Seems unsuited
  • cairn_reactor The Cairn Installation:Reactor -- Enviromental hazards, can't see the structure working well
  • cairn_dock1 The Cairn Installation:Docking Bay -- Likely to make a good siege map
  • doom_comm Doomgiver:Communications Array -- The comm array itself is likely to be bad for siege, the part up to it could work, though
  • doom_detention Doomgiver:Detention Area -- Seems like it has decent potential
  • doom_shields Doomgiver:Shield Array -- Also seems quite decent, although I believe Force powers are required
  • yavin_swamp Yavin 4:Swamp -- Could work
  • yavin_canyon Yavin 4:Canyon -- Good potential for an AT-ST advance map
  • yavin_courtyard Yavin 4:reborn boss Academy -- Probably too small
  • yavin_final Yavin 4:The Final Showdown -- Enviromental hazards and overall structure would probably ruin this one
  • pit (Simplified SP version of duel_pit) -- Way too small
JKA MP Maps:
  • mp/ffa_bonus1 Gas Mine -- Might work
  • mp/ffa_bonus2 The Fortress -- Seems ill-suited
  • mp/ffa_bonus3 Conquest of Byss -- Small, but with additional areas could be worked into something
  • mp/ffa_bonus4 Ord Mantell Canyon -- Has potential
  • mp/ffa1 Vjun Sentinel -- Could work well
  • mp/ffa2 Korriban Tombs -- Too non-linear
  • mp/ffa3 Tatooine City -- Too non-linear
  • mp/ffa4 Rift Sanctuary -- Too non-linear
  • mp/ffa5 Taspir -- taspir1 is probably better suited
  • All the duel maps are just too small to make a siege map on thier own, but could be used as part of a larger whole; Yavin probably would require the least additional content
  • mp/duel_bonus1 Coruscant
  • mp/duel1 Bespin Courtyard
  • mp/duel2 Generator Room
  • mp/duel3 Imperial Shaft
  • mp/duel4 Imperial Control Room
  • mp/duel5 Taspir Landing
  • mp/duel6 Yavin Training Area
  • mp/duel7 Rancor Pit
  • mp/duel8 Abandoned City
  • mp/duel9 Hoth Canyon
  • mp/duel10 Vjun Fuel Processing
  • The CTF maps, due to thier symetric nature, seem ill-suited to siege... you'd need to chop them up most likely; ctf5 probably suffers the least in this respect and MIGHT do OK with less re-work
  • mp/ctf_bonus1 Rift of Shadows
  • mp/ctf1 Imperial Drop Zone
  • mp/ctf2 Hoth Wasteland
  • mp/ctf3 Yavin Hilltops
  • mp/ctf4 Coruscant Streets
  • mp/ctf5 Factory
JK2 MP Maps:
  • My memory of these is fairly faded by now, so my comments will be minimal...
  • duel_bay Imperial Shuttle Bay
  • duel_carbon Carbon Chamber
  • duel_reborn boss Battleground reborn boss 2.0
  • duel_pit Trial Pit
  • ffa_bespin Bespin Streets -- Non-linear, but if that could be worked around, could be good
  • ffa_deathstar Death Star
  • ffa_imperial Star Destroyer -- Never really liked the structure of this one
  • ffa_ns_hideout Garbage Facility
  • ffa_ns_streets Nar Shaddaa Streets -- Push/Pull hell
  • ffa_yavin Massassi Temple
  • ctf_bespin Bespin Exhaust Shafts -- For a CTF map this seems more likely to work than most
  • ctf_imperial Garrison 27-D -- Probably pretty decent potential for a CTF map if it's the one I remember... small though
  • ctf_ns_streets Warring Factions
  • ctf_yavin Temple Tournament
  • ffa_raven Imperial Labs: Raven -- Too non-linear and cramped, as is typical of Raven offices...Heretic ahem.
  • duel_bespin Bespin Air Vanes
  • duel_hangar Hangar Bay 72
  • duel_temple Ceremonial Hall
  • duel_training Lightsaber Training

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

I don't know if a symmetric map would work well for siege or not.

Helaku

Post by Helaku »

t1_rail would be a suicide run for O if D were to have Nades,trips,or dets...."..Korriban,crystal rooms and altar/scepter rooms,D rax jorises,using throwable weapons..." no thanks for t1_rail

P.S.I'm working on the map as we reply :-)
Imaginez une forme. Pas comme les autres. Une forme qui peut influencer toutes les autres formes. Une forme qui peut changer de forme à une autre. Imaginez vous en êtes propriétaire. Ouvrez vos yeux.
:-)

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Helaku wrote:
GUARD!AN wrote:I really like the idea of that rail train map becoming a siege map.
Why?it would be so straight-forward(backward for D)...
All I remember is that it was easily one of my top 3 favorite SP maps, most likely my favorite as I cannot recall any others I liked more.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Sqrl2k
Dem Emos Ain't Got Shit On The Squirrel Man.

Post by Sqrl2k »

Yeah make things difficult and put in vjun so we can dodge acid rain :(
(i had bad experiences)
but in all seriousness i think that several SP maps could work like yavin
I would really like to see "merchant rescue" be turned into a siege map, and gather parts for Offense

Vjun
Vjun
Blenjeel
Blenjeel
Last edited by Sqrl2k on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fenix

Post by Fenix »

Helaku wrote:t1_rail would be a suicide run for O if D were to have Nades,trips,or dets...."..Korriban,crystal rooms and altar/scepter rooms,D rax jorises,using throwable weapons..." no thanks for t1_rail

P.S.I'm working on the map as we reply :-)
i have been working on it for a while now, i gave both side lvl 1 jump. no trip mine. only reborn boss have lvl 1 push/pull. I dont get what you get the suicdie run from, this map favors the Offense.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Fenix I am quite excited to see what you eventually come up with, keep us updated!
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.