Kopite

Re: Community map

Post by Laser »

sup homie?
Less QQ more Pew Pew

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Custom maps fail but if you do make it so there is more than one entrace to somewhere or make the entrance nice and big to reduce spam.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

Ok, let's try another tactic... This doesn't seem to be working. I would like to appoint one person as the Project Manager for this. I'll be the mapper of course, and I'll create the map 100% to your specifications. This means that you'll (whoever this person is) need to provide a general layout and objectives (with a graphic ideally, it doesn't have to be pretty) and the class specs. Hopefully this person would be willing to accept suggestions from others, but they reserve the right to veto ideas.

My top 3 choices for this Proj. Mgr would be:

1) tens0r
2) trkmasterfunk
3) Nub

If none of them are interested I'll consider other peeps and will open the vote to a poll.
4 8 15 16 23 42

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

I feel so important!

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

More suggestions...
1. no reborn boss/sith, or reborn boss/sith with only jump and lv1 heal, armed with blaster, stun, and melee (note no saber).....yes, I hate reborn boss/sith. Guns are better, sabers/force are lame.
2. gun-heavy gameplay
3. lots of destructable stuff (perferably with explosions :twisted: )
4. places to put trip mines
5. ambushes
6. multiple paths to an objective

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Saberless map seems interesting.

I'd also be for another tripless map like cargo though. Or at least just give them 10 mines not 20 (meaning they have standard 300/10 ammo for all weapons).

Anyway, finals are the week after next (2 more weeks of school), so after that I should be able to devote more effort into this, if needed.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

I'd like to see some mines, but yes, reduce the ammo. Less ammo = less minespam.
Turky wrote: Anyway, finals are the week after next (2 more weeks of school), so after that I should be able to devote more effort into this, if needed.
Good luck. Mine are this week :cry:

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

reborn boss are necessary.

reborn boss are very easy to kill on Hoth, and Hoth is the best map in the game, so I'd say there's a pretty good chance that has something to do with it.

I think that focusing on making objectives "good for sniping" is not a good idea at all. A good sniper doesn't need to be catered to. If an objective comes out with a bunch of space, that's cool. If not - oh well, people who like to will still do it.

I think the perfect example of this would be 2nd obj of Cargo Barge. There are no mines and that door is pretty wide open. It's pretty hard to spam that door (barring rockets, which can be avoided), but because it's such a nice "sniper spot," with very little cover and a large area to travel, 1-2 landos can literally defend against an entire team of 5 indefinitely. That's not a good gameplay mechanic.

Also, as a general rule, just assume I disagree with basically anything that Turqoise posts. Assuming you want this map to be played in pugs (Let's face it, the average pubber isn't going to know where to download the map or how to install it, and pugs haven't used any custom map other than Cargo consistently ever, it'd be nice for a change up), I advise avoiding "cool" stuff, and looking purely at a "what's fun to play" point of view.

If you can get into contact with Duo, he spent a lot of time working on objectives for a serious gameplay map.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Kerafym wrote: Also, as a general rule, just assume I disagree with basically anything that Turqoise posts.
*gives thumbs up* Awesome - a different veiwpoint!

As for sniping, I'm thinking more of an outdoors-type map with a buch of obstacles (first 2 parts of hoth and first and last parts of desert as example) more so than sniping at the only door into an area. Sniping indoors isn't as fun.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:Sniping indoors isn't as fun.
you're probably saying this because you're usually in a much more vulnerable position to non-snipers when indoors. LoL u BAD ??