Download: siege_clone

Discuss siege map projects.
nightwatch

Download: siege_clone

Post by nightwatch »

Here is a download link:
http://www.filefront.com/16847429/siege_clone.pk3/

(Edited by j3rk to move the download link to the top)

Hi,
My map is just beginning beta testing.

Here is a download link:
http://www.filefront.com/16847429/siege_clone.pk3/

The map still may have a few bugs; notably the ladders and some spawns may be off.
The classes are certainly not final, and the objective descriptions are mostly incorrect (having been lifted from siege_hoth). However, my goal is to see how the map itself plays and receive feedback. I will be running my server, ^Asgard with the map. Xfire me for the password. I'll try and get as many people as possible to test, but feel free to join.

In this thread please list:
- Map structure that is weird/should be changed
- Class suggestions
- Bugs

P.S. You can also yews the domain loki.homelinux.net to resolve my server ip (eg /connect loki.homelinux.net:29070)

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: siege_clone

Post by Max Rambone »

Wow, looks huge.

Pretty cool.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

bad fps for a lot of people though.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

I'm just glad you got this to release. I'll check it out too shortly, looks like solid work based on the screens.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

It's huge and makes extensive yews of custom shaders. Definitely need to turn off dynamic glow for anything competitive.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Sweet.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Turky wrote:bad fps for a lot of people though.
mine was fine
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

i had 90 fps usually and then fell down to 40-50 in certain places.

The o spawn is too far away from the last objective, making it very boring.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

This thread takes forever to load and post in; any way you can thumbnail the images or remove some? Just a thought... Anyways, I just ran through all of the objectives and here are my first impressions.

First off, excellent job on the map itself. It looks like a ton of time was put into the terrain and the attention to detail overall. There are so many cool architectural elements that are done in such a way that it doesn't kill the FPS. I had a solid 90 FPS all the way through, which is my max. The lighting is plenty bright throughout without overdoing the ambient, you didn't cheese out on the doors like a lot of people do, most of the lift switches are recessed into the wall, the moving freight loader, etc. etc. I could go on but I'm just saying; it's obvious some serious time and effort went into this. Oh, two more things... the awesome beam walkways that lead to the tractor beam (? I forget what it was) column are sweet, and I seriously love the trams.

There were mainly 4 things that I thought could be troublesome, and I don't think they'd take a lot of work to tweak:

1) Most of the lifts, especially the really tall ones are wayyy too slow I think.
2) The main shield gen at obj. 1 has too much HP I think. Especially since the ATPT doesn't have secondary rockets.
3) Please kill the swimmable water area by the dam leading to/from the obj. 1 D spawns. I don't mean remove the water necessarily, but if you could make it instakill or inaccessible somehow that'd be my preference. Swimming in most games (but especially JKA) is super annoying IMO. I know it's kind of a side route or whatever, but still.
4) I think the core should only require any 3 of the 4 pillars to be destroyed, instead of all 4.

I assume you know about the technical stuff like the lack of a levelshot, .arena file, etc. so I won't go into that. I can't really speak to the classes and general gameplay flow without actually playing it with ppl, but hopefully we can get some test games going soon. Nice touch with the grievous body guard btw; that dude is fun to play with.

Everyone should download this map IMO. I think it has great potential to be a lot of fun.

Nice job.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

I have to admit, it's looking better and better. However, I liked the tram rails more when they didn't kill you. :D

Totally agree with Jerk's suggestions. I'd also consider a housing for the ATPT at O spawn, that thing might as kill itself for its first spawn w/demp hitting driver + fixed guns.