ATTN: People who lost admin

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

ATTN: People who lost admin

Post by GUARD!AN »

I didn't want to do this, but I feel it is necessary. It is a little unfair of me to take admin away without giving you guys a reason. What is amusing is many of you assumed there was no reason for me to take it away...

So here you guys go, the reasons for you losing admin. Do note that these were what broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Although you guys may think I am not around, I come every now and then to watch, aliased. You guys did some of these right in front of me:

Turkey - you forceteamed people to make them kill themselves just because you felt they were spamming. you aren't given admin so you can go vigilante on the pug players
Laser - forcing map votes, which normally isn't a HUGE offence, but seeing as how you rage kicked magyk the other day using a password you are not supposed to have, that is reason enough for it to be officially taken away
Yo - forcing votes, disabling voting, unwarranted kicking
Jakab - same deal as turkey, except you were just forceteaming archi randomly
Jawa - i actually can't remember what i saw you do, which is why i'm considering giving it back to you when i get around to changing the passes again
Tensor - LOL

If you feel that you deserve your admin back, here is your chance to convince me, I'm listening. Why the fuck do all of you feel the need to constantly exert your admin powers on a server that really doesn't need admins regularly when you think about it.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Laser
Kopite

Re: ATTN: People who lost admin

Post by Laser »

I feel that I should get admin back because I think I did force some map votes a few times, so yeah sorry about that :oops: , and I admit to ragekicking Magyk, and YES, it was a ragekick. But if you look at the logs, he seriously had it coming. I don't want to repeat what he was saying in this thread but I've got a feeling that if you were subject to that kind of 'verbal' abuse, you would probably kick someone, too.

I got angry because I thought it was uncalled for, and it was very personal, I can handle banter from people who I'm friends with, and I can handle ANY criticism about my gameplay or the way I conduct myself in game or calling me a noob, shitty, faggot, a person who just bought the game yesterday, a bad jan, a bad reborn boss - I could go on.

So, in short, I think I deserve to get rcon back because I think I did a good job beforehand and I helped to make pugs run far more smoothly. Magyk was very abusive and as there's no silence command, I would do the same again, except I would yews rcon status to find out the clientnumber rather than serverstatus to avoid kicking people who could ban me if they wanted :D .

Edit: I tried to change the keramod passwords a few times, but they kept changing back :(
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

GUARD!AN wrote:Tensor - LOL
rofl

well im fine without rcon, what i did was wrong, but ppl were pissing me off and pug were about to die, its ok guard

GO ARCHI!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Turkey - you forceteamed people to make them kill themselves just because you felt they were spamming. you aren't given admin so you can go vigilante on the pug players
I know why I don't have admin, but that's not the reason why... I don't ever remember being notorious for forceteaming people in live pugs, that's more like jakab or jawa.

If you're going to make a post about this, at least get the story straight... jesus

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Turky wrote:
I know why I don't have admin, but that's not the reason why... I don't ever remember being notorious for forceteaming people in live pugs, that's more like jakab or jawa.

If you're going to make a post about this, at least get the story straight... jesus
Well the reason I know this is because I was the one you forceteamed. I aliased as a common sieger and spammed you, and you lost your cool :)

All of my admins are tested by me secretly every now and then. 8-)

There was also another time when you banned everyone or shut down the server or something, but I had put that behind me by that point.

Many of you seem to think that just because most of the time you are good admins excuses a few rage admin abuse cases here or there. It doesn't. If I know you are going to lose your cool, then I can't trust you with admin.

Laser - I will go check the logs. Granted I still don't consider it warrant to rage kick, I feel you deserve fair consideration.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

So I can get rcon again to a server I never play at?

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

GUARD!AN wrote:
Turky wrote:

Well the reason I know this is because I was the one you forceteamed
owned xDDDDDDDD

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

No need to check the logs. I'll tell you exactly what I said.
I have the very same thing that's in my signature now bound to a key in game. After being told "not to chat spam" during an interim between pugs - to spite Laser I held the button down for about 20-30 lines. Laser proceeded to then spam his "SAPPO?" bind and (presumably) kick me on the grounds of chat spam. Something he was doing also. Hypocrisy ftw.

And let's be honest; in a game where duo, kera, and whoever else can run around calling people niggers, chinks, and any other extremely derogatory term, is my signature really that bad? Nope.
I got angry because I thought it was uncalled for, and it was very personal,
This is an absolute laugh. I launched no attacks on your personally in-game. In fact, I think you were the one launching personal attacks (warranting my post on the forums. See: "Then, out of nowhere, you try to be cool and bring RL into the issue.")
Maybe Guard should read the logs, so we can all watch you try to squirm out of your lies.

Also the second time when he accidentally kicked Archi and not me was 100% pure, unadulterated rage.

Aries*

Post by Aries* »

Yay i survived! lol

ps - i miss siege. third year uni sux. i hope i aint been missing too much zombieh!

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

GUARD!AN wrote:common sieger
GUARD!AN wrote:you aren't given admin so you can go vigilante on the pug players
inconsistency fail