Siege Hiatus.

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Re: Siege Hiatus.

Post by Roflraptor »

j3rk wrote:(I see no sig.) And Magyk, I understood your boycotting for hoth but boycotting for a new server rubs me the wrong way since guard actually pays real money and invests time to host the sites/bandwidth/servers/etc. Granted he does it for his own reasons, and I'm not disagreeing that the lag has been impacting games lately, but I think you're coming off a bit douchey.

Also, I put up an "ESM PUG" server to see if it helps as an alternative. It would suck to miss out of pugs for fear of lag but if that ends up splitting the community or whatever I'll take it down. For now I'm just going to leave it up indefinitely. I don't know what your pings will be like there (Southwest) but lag spikes shouldn't be a problem.

- Server trackers up on: http://esm.jkhub.org
- It's named "ESM PUG" on the server list and you can /connect esmpug.servequake.com
- I believe all of the usual maps and settings are there, let me know if anything is missing

Just my twenty-two cents.

<3.

Southwest is sweet (for me). The further west you go, the better my ping gets. :D

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I'll be taking my talents to South(west) beach then. Not trying to be douchey, just getting things done the fastest way. We all love Guard, but we all know how he is too. You can tell him the servers suck, and something might get done.. in about 3 months. Or you can show him how unplayable they really are and get something done in two weeks.

I don't think Guard should be paying for the server if they aren't going to provide him the service they promise. (See aforementioned BLT metaphor.)

Axiw

Post by Axiw »

If you could host a siege server without lag 5+ years ago why you couldn't do it now :?: I'm blaming you ET

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

One day in a tempest 5s i lost like 3 objectives on defense cuz of lag. And impulse has been shit laggy too. I don't know exactly how this server provider thing works, but I expected this new provider to be better than ET, so either Guard has to go write them a letter of ridicule or whatever or get us new servers........again.

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

I still cant understand why I lag more on impulse than on tempest.....
That, along with the fact that botth are more laggy than ever.... :oops: :cry: :oops:

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Silver Absolution wrote: :oops:

Aries*

Post by Aries* »

Ive noticed the lag too. kinda odd lol

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

"lol but gueys teh lag is leik nt tht bd srsly it lsts like 1 min and hppn 3 timea month lol"

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Magyk wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:This dude cries much about services provided to him free-of-charge.

~archi

Guard is paying for a service that is not being provided. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a BLT and having the waitress bring you a grilled cheese. What the fuck is your problem? You don't even play siege so this topic doesn't concern you. Gtfo and stop trying to trample over someone's statements anytime they say something you don't like.

How old are you again? Shouldn't you realize that there is a difference between "crying" and saying that we need news servers because these ones and ruin games EVERYDAY?

"Crying" would be "Move the server closer to me, i need lower ping."
"Crying" would be "Waahh, we need more tanks in our guild."
"Crying" would be every time Archi opens his mouth these days.

No, it's more like going to a restaurant that your buddy owns and ordering a free blt and getting a free grilled cheese. Either way it's free, so instead of bitching you could rent your own server.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

This thread is win.

~archi