So...

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Caesar

So...

Post by Caesar »

I don't check the boards for what, two months, and xeon quits. [Yea he quit, I sent him an e-mail] He left his legacy of maps and map ideas for the community.

- co-map was meant to be a cooperatively done map when only me, J3rk and Mike could make maps. The plan was that there will be some dogfight then you have to go through in a ship to save some prisoner, but then J3rk retired and I never finished my part....
- mansion, if I ever had done this, this would have new models, weapons etc in it, with underground tunnels
- METRO, once I showed this unfinished thing to some of you guys, it was a terrorist counter-terrorists something wanna be thingy
- you already know ktr uwb and p_D, and probably uncompiled it, but here are the real things
- race, this was meant to be a swoop race thingy for siege,
I am not sure if you will be able to open these two properly but here they are too:
- ktr2 it had nothing to do with rancors, it was the continued story, rebels got the plan on a ship and imps went after them to recover, you could have 3 possible ending (well I planned that....) imps get back the data --> imps win; time goes out --> rebels win; rebels destroy imps ship --> rebels win, but then the engine came and ruined everything, it couldn't handle the size of the map...
- siege ball game was a kind of droid ball thingy (at the time i did not know about droid ball's existence)

He gave me all of the above maps files, so if anyone is interested in seeing one and/or testing one [provided they are complete] hit me up.

Secondly, what the actual fuck happened. Did EVERYONE quit? I haven't seen any siegers on x-fire aside from mike, mag, guard [who doesn't count, as at this point I believe logging onto x-fire is a formality for him], and occasionally duo/wflz. What happened to the other 85%?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: So...

Post by Magyk »

What the actual fuck did I just read?

We all know you aren't actually a complete retard.

Feel free to type like a normal human being from now on.

What happened was that the game got 11 years old and there were only 15 players in the last 2 years to begin with.

To be honest, I'm pretty much waiting for the day when I check my gmail and see the message from the server provider that says they're discontinuing support for JK:JA. I figure it's coming sooner rather than later. Of course, until that happens, Paddy's will continue to run. On a related note, Tempest/Impulse seem to have gone down recently. RIP.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I didn't write it, that was xeon's e-mail to me :D

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

It's sad that I confuse emails from someone who doesn't natively speak English with posts I think you wrote.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

There is always worse English:
Attachments
names.png

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

whend xeon quit, i must've forgotten. i thought he moved to ctf?

maybe i shud log into xfire on weekends to see if duo is around.

server providers prolly wont disconnect support for jka because stacks of other modes still yews it like ffa and ctf.

if nobody pops up these winter holidays (long summer break for america), even some pub nubs and decents (where the fuck are you app?) i guess im going to quit siege for good. i concede, it really has died, something i stupidly hoped never would happen.

tbh ctf looks a lot more attractive to me these days, not even coz pub nubs but the community is much larger. also they have a west coast server where i once got as low ping as 168 :D

but idk, maybe guard has emails/numbers of old siegers that he might be able to spam message and see if they turn up?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Observations:

1. Xeon quit a week or two ago via the chatbox. He said like "ok bye" or something equally unexciting.

2. Duo is, in fact, around on xfire.

3. "if nobody pops up these winter holidays" Mike, Kane, and I are all on xfire frequently. So is Ceasar. Guardian is too (though he may be AFK). Archi is on Steam a lot. Duo has been on here and there and usually claims he can get Kera/Jkb to play. You're the only one that isn't getting online, as noted in the chatbox conversation.

4. "i guess im going to quit siege for good" - "Quitting" the game is stupid. Either play it, or don't. JKA takes up hardly any space on a modern harddrive. There is zero reason to uninstall it. There is zero reason to say, "That's it! I retire forever! I'll never play ever again, ever!" There's no reason to not keep it installed so in six months when we're like "Huh, I'd like to play a game of siege" we can invite you. Saying you're quitting Siege is like having a buddy flipping through channels on TV and when he puts on a Seinfeld re-run you're like "Oh shit, I gotta go. I retired from Seinfeld years ago. Seeya later."

5. Is anyone else fucking sick of hearing about ctf on the siege forum? Either go play that, or don't. I don't really care if you do. I'm sick of hearing about how much better is, and how much more active it is, and how much more skilled everyone is. Fucking go play CTF if you want to play CTF. No one cares that you play CTF. You don't need to bring it up every time you open your mouth. (Cough* CEASAR*)

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Just log onto x-fire. There is no logic in saying: "I am playing ACII, therefore I can not log onto x-fire."
In addition to Magyk, Mike, Guard, and Kane; I personally could invite Jaw4, Don, and several others. Jaw4 is always on x-fire, as is Don. Occasionally Shulba, Trk, Tyro, and Svail appear. (Occasionally being defined as biweekly.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old adage, "quality over quantity," applies nicely to ctf. I pug probably 8ish games over the course of two days, of which only about 2 are decent quality. I would prefer a quality pug once a month with 6/10 people in a server, than 8 pugs a day with 23/32 people in the server. You think siege wasted time in-between/before pugs? Well in ctf we pug for 20 min and waste an hour deciding who should capt whom. I could literally play an entire game of siege in-between each ctf pug. Do you even pug ctf? Ctf isn't all that glamorous, I personally play it because I believe it to be fun.......that is when we actually play it.

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

I still exist, I'm just busy with end of year stuff at the moment. I'll be around in the summer for a pug or two if they happen.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

magyk is a cunt