Let us not forget

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: Let us not forget

Post by Magyk »

We "torture" people to protect our nation from outside threats.
Those who attacked us on 9\11 did it basically because they wanted to kill Americans.

Torture doesn't seem so bad to me.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Magyk wrote:We "torture" people to protect our nation from outside threats.
Magyk wrote:AMURRICA
fix'd

So putting someone through the most extreme physical and mental agony imaginable is okay as long as they were born in a different place from us. Nice. It would be cool if we could be civilized, but whatever.
George Carlin wrote:Human beings are nothing more than ordinary jungle beasts, savages, no different from the Cro-magnon people 25,000 years ago living in the Pleistocene forests eating grubs off of rotten logs. We're barely out of the fucking jungle.
Don't be surprised next time you see some dude get his head chopped off on tv, since it's cool and everything.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I've got no problem with torturing domestic terrorists either.
The world isn't a pretty place, not everyone is friendly.
If you can't handle the fact that we may have to go to some extreme measures to protect our freedom then maybe you should gtfo of my country.
You fuck up, and do something stupid and potentially dangerous to this country (or any friendly country for that matter) you deserved to be drained of any and all information you have that could also be harmful.

But then again, you're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Torture [apparently] usually just ends with lies.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Duo

Post by Duo »

Magyk wrote:I've got no problem with torturing domestic terrorists either.
The world isn't a pretty place, not everyone is friendly.
If you can't handle the fact that we may have to go to some extreme measures to protect our freedom then maybe you should gtfo of my country.
You fuck up, and do something stupid and potentially dangerous to this country (or any friendly country for that matter) you deserved to be drained of any and all information you have that could also be harmful.

But then again, you're entitled to your opinion as am I.
First of all, you completely ignored the part about slaughtering civilians, invading sovereign countries, destroying countrysides, and killing tens of thousands of people. Torture was only part of my post. Secondly,
Founding Fathers wrote:Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
If you think we should ignore what the Constitution says and go against a principle on which our country was founded, maybe YOU should get out of MY country. You're the one going against what the founding fathers wanted, after all.

I really don't see what the point of "protecting freedom" is if it means subjecting SUSPECTS to the most extreme physical and mental agony imaginable, all because we THINK they MIGHT be connected to terrorists. Keep in mind many of these people we torture don't get trials, lawyers, or any chance to prove their innocence. We think you're suspicious, we detain you and waterboard you until you admit something. America's claim to moral leadership, aka "the city on the hill," is fundamentally debased by the defense of this bullshit.

BTW, that's such an ignorant AMURRICA slogan. "Protecting freedom." Suck Bush's dick more. You're just covering terrible deeds with noble words. Let's not forget that this isn't the "torture" society, it's the "advanced interrogation techniques" society. Whatever helps you sleep at night after a long day spent subjecting people to simulated drownings hundreds of times though, I guess.

Furthermore, http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/66622.html You're not doing jack shit to defend your country by making up shit and trying to get people to admit to it.

Finally, if you want to defend your country, try defending it from becoming just as radicalized as the terrorists you think are so far beneath you morally. Try defending your civility and ethical ideals that should be the defining principles of your society, not your oil interests.

Take a time machine back a few thousands years, you'll feel more at home, and it'll be totally cool and acceptable to follow obsolete male impulses from a hundred thousand years ago all you want. HEY GUIZE THESE PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM US, LET'S KILL THEM ALL LOL

Some of us today would like to live in a civil, humane environment. This may prove to be an inconvenience for you members of the "300" crowd that thinks unmitigated violence IS TOTOLY AWLSUM.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

If not for torture, (or "advanced interrogation techniques, whatever floats your boat.) we probably wouldn't be sitting here arguing about this.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

If you think taking unconstitutional action against people protects your freedom, you're retarded.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Magyk wrote:If not for torture, (or "advanced interrogation techniques, whatever floats your boat.) we probably wouldn't be sitting here arguing about this.
You're a sheep to the shepard proudly wearing the name badge, "Scare Tactics." Congratulations.
Magyk wrote:We "torture" people to protect our nation from outside threats.
Those who attacked us on 9\11 did it basically because they wanted to kill Americans.

Torture doesn't seem so bad to me.
National unity is racism and prejudice. I think the impulse to kill people is disgusting. I don't give a fuck if they're American or Afghani. I don't care if they want to kill me or kill you or kill themselves. Killing people is fucking wrong. If you disagree, you're fucking barbaric. Just because it's been going on for thousands of years doesn't make it right. Just because sometimes you "have" to doesn't make it okay. Just because you have a reason to feel self justified in doing so doesn't make it any less barbaric.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

The only time you 'have' to kill someone, imo, is to save your's or someone else's life. In that sense I think most able bodied people are capable of killing another.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

dadeus

Post by dadeus »

ok these "Unconstitutional" arguements are not based on facts. If they were in fact unconstitutional there would be trials and impeachements. If you don't like the country and how it operates there are lots of other countries that to live in.

9/11 is a day in which we were attacked and brave people reponded bravely. We remeber those who were murdered, and those who died trying to save lives. And if you think there is something wrong with that then perhaps you should move to Iran.