no explanation for this one

Discuss our favorite gametype.

Re: no explanation for this one

Postby Turky on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I was so bad at hiding it that I deemed myself unworthy to ever WH again.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Highscores: 1
Local time: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:31 pm

Postby Magyk on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 am

u bad?
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Highscores: 3
Local time: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:31 pm

Postby GUARD!AN on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 am

That's not really proof of wallhacking...

Take a closer look, Archi was running up the ramp as the enemy was jumping off the other platform. He knew he wouldn't have a clear shot until he got to the top of the platform. And based on the direction he last saw the enemy jump in (off the platform towards his spawn hallway), that was a fair prediction of where the enemy would be by the time he got to the top of the ramp.

I would argue he wasn't showing confidence in his teammate at all to make the kill...that he had already made the decision to fire the shot as soon as he got to the top of the ramp to help his teammate out, who he assumed would not kill the snowtrooper (the right thing to do), he had no reason to pay attention to the console and check if he was dead or not during those 2 seconds it takes to run up the ramp, especially since he probably had full ammo since he was coming from the direction of the spawn. He had already preemptively made the decision to fire that rocket as soon as he got to the top, and that's why it just looked like he had slow reaction time.

Also, if Archi knew duo was behind that wall, he would have tried to splash damage duo with a rocket right next to that open doorway. Even if you think Archi is wallhacking, he's played this game long enough to know how it works. Generally rockets won't kill you if you are taking cover. And he knows the map well. Well enough to know there was a wall there that Duo was hiding behind.

Anyways, it's pretty clear this wasnt wallhacking and I'm getting bored explaining more of the obvious. The ones Jawa and Raptor posted were a bit more convincing at first until I realized the truth in those too. If you go into it with the mindset to prove it one way, you'll find enough evidence to convince yourself and others that's the case either way. Try watching the video trying to prove it's not wallhacking and you'll see what I mean.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:31 am

Postby Kerafym on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 am

GUARD!AN wrote:Also, if Archi knew duo was behind that wall, he would have tried to splash damage duo with a rocket right next to that open doorway.

Actually, you can't tell easily whether they're behind the wall or not with WH. Assuming he was WHing he would have fired directly at Duo thinking he wasn't behind the wall, or not at all to hide the fact that he was WHing.

This video isn't the most damning evidence of WH ever. Elkon tracing someone back and forth while MT'd through boxes three times was pretty damning. When Jawa and Tensor specced Archi on Endor shooting at me while I intentionally ran behind large trees, it was pretty damning (we didn't record this, we were just laughing in vent. This is when the original shitty WH were first released and practically everybody was using it for a few weeks at least). This? Not very damning.

Personally I don't understand why you guys take the game seriously enough to both cheat and make a big deal out of people cheating. If you want to play the game and have fun, that's one thing, but to take it that seriously is another thing completely...
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.
Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Postby Max Rambone on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 am

I wasn't really gonna get into the whole explanation thing since duo's already convinced there isn't one....

but

If you notice, I fire the rocket a fraction of a second after 3:10 on the red timer...

That was a fraction of a second after the snowtrooper died.

Listen for the rocket firing in the 'half-speed' thing...the snowtrooper is almost still in full upright position. (Just beginning the death animation.) Duo was killed....I would guess at about 0.75 secs after the rocket was fired.

Rockets are not like disruptors....they take some time to get there.

Even if I did wallhack, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now that I do know that you can rocket peeps on the other side of that wall and that you hide there, I'll be sure to send a few rockets that way in the future for no apparent reason....see how it works?

~archi

p.s. - It had nothing to do with confidence in teammates....I was just being stealthy...if the snowtrooper had killed my teammate before I got to the top of the ramp, I was in a good position to finish him off....hopefully, with me not firing, he might not know I was there. I thought it was 2v1...had I known a reborn boss was there, I would be more likely to try to finish the snowtrooper off so that we could 2v1 you.

p.s.s. - The Endor thing was a really very simple trick that Clouds taught me....scan the horizon with your crosshair...When you see a red name....shoot at it....I don't even have to see you. It's the same thing you do when there is an explosion of some sort between you and the enemy. You guys know this already, don't you? Oh, no...you guy yews hax to remove the explosions and shit...I forgot.

p.s.s.s - Watched another vid in duo's little collection and there were better signs of wallhacking, IMO:

Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Local time: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:31 pm

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 am

i'm not mexican u racist
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Postby Turquoise Dragon on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am

piipe wrote:i'm not mexican u racist

And there's a problem with being mexican? :evil:
Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Postby tens0r on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am

Just come clean. We all know you wallhack it's all good. When you're 40 and suck you need every advantage you can get.

The endor thing was the most rediculous thing I've ever seen tbh.
tens0r

Postby Magyk on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 pm

lol endor.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Highscores: 3

Postby Turky on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Magyk wrote:lol endor.

Does this guy even know what Tensor meant about Endor?
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

PreviousNext

Return to JKA Siege