ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Discuss our favorite gametype.

What is your favorite map to pug?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 am

Hoth
17%
Korri
12%
Desert
8%
Cargobarge
8%
Nar Shaada
15%
Project Digimon
2%
h3h
12%
Jhoth
8%
Sillyroom
10%
Bankjob
No votes
Endor
No votes
Castle
No votes
Byss
2%
Tie Factory
2%
Theed
No votes
Imperial Raid
No votes
Tietest
No votes
Zombies
6%

Total votes: 52

AmericanFool

Re: ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Post by AmericanFool »

Magyk wrote:
3.) People are so stupid at picking "good" maps they still want to play cargo instead of jhoth 99% of the time.

4.) People don't learn the new maps unless we play them. The days of taking people in a locked server and teaching them maps are over. The only people who do that anymore are map makers. No one is going to teach Ramshi Bank or Theed unless we show up there to play it.

6.) We always took forever to pick maps.

7.) We always took forever to start pugs.

9.) According to gametrack, over the LAST WEEK 47% of all maps played are either Hoth or Nar Shaddaa (27% hoth) that leaves 53% split up between Cargo, Silly, h3h, desert, korriban, byss, bank, and three zombie maps.
(for the record, silly = 8% so stop saying omg we play it so much all the time wtf!!

3) Completely agree. Just like most democracies, imperfect information = imperfect cost/benefit decision making. Most of what we do in siege, we do not because it is the "best option" but because someone before us (or some game mechanic) makes it seem like the most logical one. I think its stretching things, but blackout gave a good example of this, we play hoth because it is the map that appears by default.

4) Well since 50% of the community are map makers that should be happening a lot (sorry, that was a bit factitious of me). In all honesty though, I think it is completely reasonable for us to only play maps everyone has played through at least once, when we have 3's and above at least.

6) Granted, I stretched this to fit my "heirarchy" narrative.

7) You really think we start pugs as fast as we used too? Like I already said, any sort of decision making is now slowed down by the fact that we have no siege heirarchy, no one wants to be the one making the final call. Its not like we are so slow that it meaningfully effects things, but its fun to complain.

9) Obviously we don't play any map as much as hoth, thats pretty clear to anyone. But I think we play customs a lot more than we used too. Not saying there is anything wrong with this.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

We absolutely 100% start games at the same speed as we used to, if not faster than we used to.

Only playing maps people don't know when we only have less than 3s means we will never play new customs ever again. That is a stupidly impractical system. Most players won't even show up to the server unless it's going to be 3v3 or more.
I don't get why this is a big deal. Yesterday at h3h, Colones did not know the map. I volunteered my team to take him on after you made a fuss about it. Not only did we have no problem teaching him as we went, but our team still wound up winning the game.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Ceasar, I have bad news.

You are retarded.

Allow me to speak at your level:

This post was made in effort to combat the amount of time taken to begin pugs, which as of recent, seems to be increasing exponentially. As you so graciously pointed out, this is America; as such everyone is free to state their opinion. Fool created this thread to survey the community. While you are included in said community everyone is free to hold his/her opinion. With this said, your caustic, uncalled for remarks rubbed me the wrong way. This, compounded with your overbearing opinion of the matter, sent me the wrong message. Personalities aside, as server administrator it is your job, as was those before you, to listen to what the community has to say. As opposed to trying to resolve the matter, you decided to submit several acerbic remarks degrading the opinion of others. Very clearly, the community still holds Hoth near to their heart.

“The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.”-Freud

AmericanFool

Post by AmericanFool »

Magyk wrote: Yesterday at h3h, Colones did not know the map. I volunteered my team to take him on after you made a fuss about it. Not only did we have no problem teaching him as we went, but our team still wound up winning the game.

Your team winning has little to do with my point though. I don't complain about people not knowing maps just because I want to win, I do it both because I like to play siege with the most competitive teams possible, and have as many people playing the map at a reasonably high level as possible (in terms of team/tactic play, not individual skill) No matter whether its Colo or Tensor playing a map for the first time, I would like them to know how to pug it (whether they can run around and get kills or not is besides the point). Regardless of which team the new player is on, I will still want them to know the general tactics and objs.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

as server administrator it is your job, as was those before you, to listen to what the community has to say.

Magyk wrote:Ceasar, you can buy your own server and name it "Hoth 24/7" for all I care but as long as we're playing on Paddy's people can play whatever map they want, when they want to play it. If someone doesn't want to Hoth, they don't have to. If someone doesn't want to Silly, they don't have to.

/thread

Caesar wrote:“The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.”-Freud

Did you just compliment me for calling you retarded? Thanks I appreciate it?

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Rdm1d would actually be my favourite custom, I can't believe I didn't even realise it wasn't one of the vote options. Point being I don't even know my favourite map because we don't play it.

I would be more than glad to play Jhoth if someone actually showed me the fuck around properly for once.

^above comment pretty much goes for any map I don't know well. Seriously, I enjoy playing any maps. As long as you enjoy siege, whatever map comes your way should not be a problem. If they're overplayed, well, that's a different matter.

tl;dr GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND PLAY SOME NEW MAPS

P.S. siege is never gonna die

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Very clearly you have never taken a psychology class.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Rdm1d would actually be my favourite custom, I can't believe I didn't even realise it wasn't one of the vote options. Point being I don't even know my favourite map because we don't play it.
Ramshi wrote:I would be more than glad to play Jhoth if someone actually showed me the fuck around properly for once.

It's almost identical to cargo.

Ramshi wrote:^above comment pretty much goes for any map I don't know well. Seriously, I enjoy playing any maps. As long as you enjoy siege, whatever map comes your way should not be a problem. If they're overplayed, well, that's a different matter.

Sorry, we aren't allowed to show you maps when we have 3v3 in the server :\

Caesar wrote:Very clearly you have never taken a psychology class.

Sorry, it's been about six or seven years since I was a sophomore in high school and took basic psych. All I really remember about Freud is that everyone thinks half his ideas are shitty and he's a douche. We can't all be geniuses like you, Ceasar. You still used a famous quote to compliment me for calling you a retard, so uh, thanks, I guess.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Magyk wrote:Caesar wrote:
“The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.”-Freud

ceasar going ceasar mode

AmericanFool wrote:-No Csr hate

Only playing if csr hate.

AmericanFool wrote:First there is no longer a strong siege heirarchy keeping people in line.

Pretty sure I'm in charge.

AmericanFool wrote: However, on the flip side pugs are generally taking a lot longer to organize, and players are leaving or boycotting pugs in attempts to slight or gain a type of power over their rivals.

On the contrary, pugs are a LOT quicker to start these days.

Caesar wrote:As you so graciously pointed out, this is America

No, this is not America. This is the internet, and, in this thread, there are plenty (if not more?) Europeans and Australians (or non-americans as you would probably put it). Your ignorance offends me, you xenophobe.

Extra points:

-People voting cargo are probably people who play with dirty tactics.

-People who won't try new maps are probably not good at 'siege' or 'jka', they're probably just good at 'hoth'.

-This is a stupid thread.

-I hate Magyk.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Go fuck yourself laser.