ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Discuss our favorite gametype.

What is your favorite map to pug?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 am

Hoth
17%
Korri
12%
Desert
8%
Cargobarge
8%
Nar Shaada
15%
Project Digimon
2%
h3h
12%
Jhoth
8%
Sillyroom
10%
Bankjob
No votes
Endor
No votes
Castle
No votes
Byss
2%
Tie Factory
2%
Theed
No votes
Imperial Raid
No votes
Tietest
No votes
Zombies
6%

Total votes: 52

Colones

Re: ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Post by Colones »

All maps are nice, some of them are awesome, i like playing all of them if i know the map. :)

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Honestly I took this thread to be whats your favourite maps and which ones do you think are over/underplayed not a decider for which maps are going to be played from now on on Paddy's.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

We could have an exhaustive discussion of our favorite maps in a forum, and hope that we come to mutually beneficial community conclusions that will help to shortcut our votes and discussions when in-game.

translation: "lets make a list of only 5-6 maps to vote on and fuck the rest of them!"

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

translation: "lets make a list of only 5-6 maps to vote on and fuck the rest of them!"

Dude he was just trying to be helpful, chill the fuck out. Just play whatever map is voted and problem solved!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Caesar wrote:

Dude he was just trying to be helpful, chill the fuck out. Just play whatever map is voted and problem solved!

WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY SYSTEM FOR PICKING MAPS IF ONLY WE HAD DONE THIS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Magyk wrote:
Caesar wrote:

WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY SYSTEM FOR PICKING MAPS IF ONLY WE HAD DONE THIS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS

STOP THE PRESS! CALL LUCASARTS IMMEDIATELY
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Good! then we should have no issues regarding what map to play! If it is voted play it!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Ceasar, I have bad news.

You are retarded.

AmericanFool

Post by AmericanFool »

Originally I was just going looking to start a thread for people to have fun ranting about their fave maps and why they like them, as well as the ones they dislike. This is still the underlying purpose of this thread, the idea of coming to a group consensus (Whether officially declared, or simply sub consciously) in order to "improve siege" in some way is - to me - just a fun add on to the discussion. I have no illusions about how much such a discussion would accomplish, though from the look of it I think it would accomplish more then Magyk. I already said that the idea of having 5 people choose all our maps for us was impractical, which is why coming to more of a group understanding surrounding other people's concept of what makes a map playable, and why certain maps should be played more than others would be a good discussion to have.

Also, since I didn't make it clear before, this isn't a rage thread simply due to people playing Hoth less often. Sure, Mike and Magyk dislike Hoth, but Lord hates Nar, Xeon hates cargo, Csr refuses to play korri, I complain anytime I'm asked to play a map I'm not used to, if the thread was directed at something (other then just general map discussion) it was at all of these underlying attitudes. Though, I will admit that Mike actively boycotting the best map in the game definitely spurred me on ;)

As has already been pointed out, I left off a number of decent maps and put some on that apparently shouldn't have been there. No bias intended with that, I literally just put the ones that I could remember having played or heard of, half the ones listed I have never even played.

Magyk wrote:
We could have an exhaustive discussion of our favorite maps in a forum, and hope that we come to mutually beneficial community conclusions that will help to shortcut our votes and discussions when in-game.

yeah, not what I meant at all...The idea is to break down some of the conflict and polarization surrounding maps. For instance I already respect Silly a bit more after the things Mike pointed out about it. He helped me realize why it is I don't love it - it requires a high degree of prediction/second - guessing due to the number of strategies in yews.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »