Caliber system: 2015 edition

Discuss our favorite gametype.
Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Re: Caliber system: 2015 edition

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Also would like a few caliber level bumps up for silly only.

Don't expect miracles from me in a game, but sometimes I wake up for about a minute and do shit well.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:but sometimes I wake up for about a minute and do shit well.

Caliber system is really just a way of giving the odds a player might be good.

There's a 95% chance Duo will have a great game. There's the odd chance he's gonna suck a dick and do nothing at all.
There's the 95% chance myself or another c2-c3 is gonna have an average game, but I can tell you right now I've had games where I've gone on a 3.5+ kpm blitz for twenty minutes and carried.

...And then there's the ping discussion.

LORD

Post by LORD »

@ Magyk, gj, wanted to see sth like that, but biggest problem is 4 of 5 c5 dudes are not playing this game, jawa and wafflz played 1 pug in august. But if u say my ranking is bad your's also.

@ caesar, i did u c5, because u are playing, i didint put players with less than 2 played pugs, my scale is original and its not compared to unactive players, and wanted do list with some c5 in there.
Onasi yes, got lack in tactics but hes beastly skilled, he can be true c5 in future. If he know certain obj tactics hes better than me.

@ Laser i had to put some pts as prediction, or some middle points, like i said duo and csr deserves 0 pts for korriban (not playing it) but then they got too low rank, worse than don/tiu 4 example and im sure nobody would like that (even me), so i had to give them these points, i could ofc put just players at ther caliber group but wanted to rank skill at certain maps.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

LORD

Post by LORD »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:Also would like a few caliber level bumps up for silly only.

Im c1 at silly 4 sure.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

where am i in all of this :(

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

LORD wrote:@ Laser i had to put some pts as prediction, or some middle points, like i said duo and csr deserves 0 pts for korriban (not playing it) but then they got too low rank, worse than don/tiu 4 example and im sure nobody would like that (even me), so i had to give them these points, i could ofc put just players at ther caliber group but wanted to rank skill at certain maps.

I think you should give lower points on korriban to people who don't play it, definitely agree with you there. I also think you should give lower points on other maps to people who are only good at korriban/desert.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

LORD

Post by LORD »

Did some updates according to all suggestions.

GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Sith
Lime green

Post by Sith »

wtf I lost my 2 points on narr
Last edited by Sith on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Better, but Blackout is too high. Laser is definitely a higher pick than Blackout, and I honestly don't see a reality where Blackie and I aren't fairly evenly matched. So he either needs to go under all those Euros, or I need to go above them. I'd also say I edge Xeon on most maps. And Xeon and I both edge Grab by a fairly wide margin.

In regard to my list with guys who played "one pug in August" I clearly stated at the top of that post it was the top 20 or so I had seen since June. One pug in August qualifies. Also why Ramshi, Kane, Sqrl were left off. Tack them into the c2 spot if you want.

Finally, I said like three times in the spam rage topic I would play ad on DesKor with a team of old siegers on any server, any time and we would work them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Laser and Ceasar said they would also join. I'm sure Duo would play for great honor. If you don't think Duo/Ceasar/Laser/Magyk is going to work Don/Tiu/Blade/Yo on any map you're crazy. Half those names don't even mean anything in this community.

LORD

Post by LORD »

Well ads lost much more pts than u sith and u r still 3rd place at Nar :p And yea i like lime green trando :lol:

@ Magyk, laser n blackout, well its just your opinion, 4 me blackout is better, but laser is better in des/korr 4 sure than his bro, blackout is higher because hoth/nar got more importance (played like 60% time of pug) and hes very often forced to play as jan, and cant show his other skills

U are now same rank like grab and xeon = 3,5 and dont look at small pts so closely
4 me ur best in tactic compared to them and grab is most skilled, xeon is ok tactic and ok skill in general ur quite even players.

This game u want play on des/korr wont work since ads are not interested and looks like some of them quit siege because too much undesrved hate on them, from all ads maybe just 2 of them deserved some of it, rest not rly.
I am not their fan or friend im trying to be fair in my opinions.
About odds in these games ill say nothing, its no sense. But i can assure u i would like to see it.

I dont know ramshi and kane enough to put them in this list and sqrl i saw problably in 2010 last time, it would be 100% random ranks.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!