DuopenJK

Discuss our favorite gametype.
Duo

DuopenJK

Post by Duo »

If you are not familiar with OpenJK, it is an excellent replacement for your JA game. It adds many, many features and bugfixes to your game, including complete ALT-TAB support and borderless windowed mode.

I have forked OpenJK, and will add siege features and fixes as desired/needed. Basically: what base_entranced is to base_enhanced, DuopenJK is to OpenJK.

Build 1 can be downloaded here: [link]
You can read about the features here: [link]

Unzip to /gamedata/ folder. To launch DuopenJK, launch the file duopenjk-9-29-2015-build1.x86.exe. This is a replacement for jamp.exe. From now on, yews this exe file to launch JA instead of jamp.exe. If you are using a firewall, make sure you add it to the whitelist.

Github repo: [link]

Duo

Re: DuopenJK

Post by Duo »

Btw, if you don't trust the exe download I have provided and think it's a virus(and you aren't capable of compiling the exe from source yourself), you should at least yews official OpenJK, which can be downloaded at http://builds.openjk.org/

Note that there is currently a bug with piloting vehicles causing your game to disconnect in official OpenJK. (This has been fixed in their source code, but is not present in their builds yet). This is fixed in DuopenJK. Also, official OpenJK breaks smod's cg_drawrecording cvar. I have added this feature back into DuopenJK as cl_drawrecording.

^Currently, these are the only differences between DuopenJK and official OpenJK.

Duo

Re: DuopenJK

Post by Duo »

It seems smod autodemo doesn't properly save with openjk/duopenjk in my testing, unfortunately. Though if the server is running openjk(which elysium is), it is recording rax jorises for all players, so you can get it that way. Elysium should have a webpage soon for you to download those.