Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Discuss our favorite gametype.

Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Duo on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:21 am

Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Topic author
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am
Karma: -25

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby schrute on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:29 am

I was aiming at chewie and missed
he moved
User avatar
schrute
pingmaser
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:33 am
Karma: 0

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Duo on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:36 am

schrute wrote:I was aiming at chewie and missed
he moved

Yeah, his inanimate corpse is moving around a lot there.

For anyone who wasn't there: dude going whiteclass and (in addition to being useless) repeatedly trying to perfect the jan with 5 minutes left in the game (after getting hangar in under 7 minutes), and then refusing to stop or change class. Killed a perfectly good pug and caused mass ragequit from the server. Then claimed to not be trolling.
Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Topic author
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am
Karma: -25

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Ýô on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:35 am

From who learned those guys to change to white class sometimes (when desperated, when lost interest, etc) eh duo?

In which way they pugkilled?
Ýô
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:47 pm
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:33 pm
Karma: -10

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Duo on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 am

Ýô wrote:From who learned those guys to change to white class sometimes (when desperated, when lost interest, etc) eh duo?

I've only forfeited in extraordinarily stacked games, e.g. when my team has failed at the codes until 19:00 and then got pitted again, or got rolled on defense in 5 minutes and failed the bridge rush, because the game is lost at that point. That is a legitimate forfeit. I've never just gone full trollmode for no reason in an even pug when the team got to the hangar in under 7 minutes, and there were still 5 minutes left in which we could win.
Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Topic author
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am
Karma: -25

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Blackout on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:22 am

Clearly I wasn't aiming at the chewie, at the time you asked, after the game, I thought had though. Still wouldn't call killing the jan once pugkilling. I also played reborn boss/lando a fair amount in the hangar it wasn't working at all we couldn't get out the door because when I was lando I was playing pretty badly and when I was reborn boss I'd die instantly at the door. I was doing a lot more as chewie we actually progressed quite a lot and sometimes got to the shield.

Duo wrote:caused mass ragequit from the server


That was entirely your own doing refusing to pick 3 people in spec because one of them "pugkilled" is ridiculous, Lord left because of this, you kicked my brother when he tried to argue the point since some of you were tchat only by this point. Even if you didn't want to pick me because of this then fine but to not pick 2 other people so you can 3s was why people left.

If I had a demo of me playing as reborn boss then I'd post it but I forgot to save one for this pug. Although seemingly other people have them.

On a side note the word filters are not funny and just become annoying.
Image
User avatar
Blackout
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 am
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Duo on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:38 am

Blackout wrote:Clearly I wasn't aiming at the chewie, at the time you asked, after the game, I thought had though. Still wouldn't call killing the jan once pugkilling.

Killing the jan was only the cherry on top of the pugkill. The bulk of the reason you pugkilled was that your were simply useless and forcing your teammates to effectively play 3v4. Also, as shown on the video, you attempted to kill the jan another time and missed.

Blackout wrote:I also played reborn boss/lando a fair amount in the hangar it wasn't working at all we couldn't get out the door because when I was lando I was playing pretty badly and when I was reborn boss I'd die instantly at the door. I was doing a lot more as chewie we actually progressed quite a lot and sometimes got to the shield.

You only played 3 spawns of non-troll classes before you changed. You then tried to perfect the jan on your first spawn that you played as chewie and missed. During the 5 minutes after that, you forced the jan off the shield 0 times, and amassed a staggering 0.6kpm, killing 3 enemies for perfects. Two of them were traded kills, and you SK'd right after the other. I wouldn't call that doing anything, much less "doing a lot more" or "progressing quite a lot. You forced your team to essentially play 3v4.

You then switched back to reborn boss for one spawn and immediately forced the jan off the shield for 4 seconds, which is more than you accomplished as whiteclass. (Is it any surprise that playing a non-troll class actually accomplishes something?) But alas, you went back to whiteclass for some reason. You switched back to reborn boss briefly and then changed to snowtrooper.

You could have played reborn boss, lando, jan, or even demo and contributed to your team. But you chose to play the two classes that are notorious for being useless, and intentionally targeted the jan for perfects multiple times. Why don't you just admit that you were trolling?

Blackout wrote:
Duo wrote:caused mass ragequit from the server


That was entirely your own doing refusing to pick 3 people in spec because one of them "pugkilled" is ridiculous, Lord left because of this, you kicked my brother when he tried to argue the point since some of you were tchat only by this point. Even if you didn't want to pick me because of this then fine but to not pick 2 other people so you can 3s was why people left.

You were barred for obvious reasons. I described why Laser was barred in the other thread:
Duo wrote:Black named as you at the end of the pug, and /whois doesn't work on you due to having the same IP, so it was unclear who switched back. Regardless of who was who, both "Laser" and "Black" were defending the trolling, and whoever was the one that hadn't been trolling didn't care enough to make any effort to clarify their identity. We want to start pugs reasonably fast, and if you're going to do that and then not clear up the confusion, you can just both sit out. A simple "Black was the troll and then switched to my name; that wasn't me" would have sufficed.

You also joined a team when you hadn't been picked and refused to go spec, delaying the pug long enough to make Jakab leave.


So minus those two, we have 7 eligible players. Lord wasn't picked, so why should he stay?
Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Topic author
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am
Karma: -25

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Blackout on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:04 pm

I renamed to laser when he teamswitched to your team at the end I then renamed back. When you said black===laser I said lol that's not true. Since i renamed back to black before the round started and stayed on the same team it wasn't difficult to work out. Where was that posted it must have been posted in a thread I don't have permission to see.
Yo also defended my "trolling" would you have stopped him from playing too? Just to be clear I wasn't trolling or playing badly on purpose I went chewie to counter the door spam which if we are honest is far more of a pugkill than I was. I'd have teched but schrute said he'd jan. I think laser joined tour team to have a go at sith regardless of that you had already agreed not to pick either of us.
Image
User avatar
Blackout
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 am
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby schrute on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:44 pm

The slowest moving class in never has and never will be the answer to door spam in siege. If you really wanted to counter door spam, you would have gone lando (faster, can hit enemies from range), reborn boss (most mobile class in game), jan (in the hopes of freezing the spammy dudes), or demo (not very good at this task, but still moves faster than chewie and doesn't blow himself up when someone throws an explosion at him).
User avatar
schrute
pingmaser
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:33 am
Karma: 0

Re: Pugkilling is funny and awesome

Postby Duo on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:38 am

Blackout wrote:I renamed to laser when he teamswitched to your team at the end I then renamed back. When you said black===laser I said lol that's not true. Since i renamed back to black before the round started and stayed on the same team it wasn't difficult to work out.

Image
One of you switched teams during the pug. Nobody is going to keep track of duplicate names and team switching while trying to actually play the video game. It was unclear who switched teams and who re-renamed, and if whoever was named as Black was even actually Black(not guaranteed given all the troll chats). In addition, no attempts to clarify; you both instead launched immediately into the dank "hw was gr8" memes. Moreover, as I wrote in the other thread, don't advocate cancerous behavior and expect to be a desirable addition to the pug.

Blackout wrote:Yo also defended my "trolling" would you have stopped him from playing too?

Yo is irrelevant here. All he actually said was "brbing//phone eat etc" -- he later came back after the teams were already picked and said to let people play, and said "u had an enemy team with csr and duo//u wouldnt win ever//so who cares"

Blackout wrote:Just to be clear I wasn't trolling or playing badly on purpose

A veteran player going whiteclass and then repeatedly intentionally trying to feed the jan new shields is trolling. You went for a jan kill within 8 seconds of your very first spawn as chewie, and you tried to do it again later. Let's not forget you blatantly lied about it after the pug.

Blackout wrote:I went chewie to counter the door spam

Your team was doorspammed precisely 0 times before changing to whiteclass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVRmE9x29M

Spawn 1: You got tagged by a nicely-aimed golan ball fired directly at you after you were already inside, and then rocketed because you were scoping for an hour. No enemy projectiles near door at all.
Spawn 2: You got tagged by a turret and then detted while charging toward a demo. The only enemy projectile even remotely near a door was a single stray golan ball that had been aimed at a teammate who was already inside the hangar.
Spawn 3: You ran into the door before your jan could demp and died to mines. No enemy projectiles near door at all.

Regardless of whether or not the defense doorspammed after that point, you had already jumped the shark based on "doorspam" that didn't exist, so we can rule that out as another lie/excuse/mis-remembering.

It's really not hard to see what happened here. Playing poorly put you on tilt, so you decided to mess around, rename/make jokes, and throw the game.

We all just want to frag dudes, cap on dudes, and have a nice time. You didn't during that pug, but hey, it's not the first time someone has done that in an online multiplayer game. We all have bad games, and we all make regrettable decisions. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure we're all more than happy to forgive and move on if you just admit it.
Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Topic author
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am
Karma: -25

Next

Return to JKA Siege

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron