class script + custom scope

Discuss our favorite gametype.
ozzeh

class script + custom scope

Post by ozzeh »

few people told me to post this so w/e

support for Hoth, Desert, and Korriban classes.

made this out of bordem based on my jk2 name script
click here to download k
*changed to zip..
binds are on top of class.cfg

Code: Select all

// Jk3 Bindings
bind kp_pgdn "vstr sel_change"
bind kp_plus "vstr prv_change"
bind kp_downarrow "vstr nxt_change"
bind kp_enter "vstr set_change"

Code: Select all

set_change - changes class
nxt_change - next class
prv_change - prev class
sel_change  - select map
retarded keys? just an example k
if you already got a class changing script, forget this, yours is probably better k

----------------
EoS scope from jk2, modified
click here to download scope k

Last edited by ozzeh on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

A nub is In Ur Forum

Re: class script + custom scope

Post by A nub is In Ur Forum »

Hmmmmm... Interesting! I didn't know anyone else had made serious yews of a console menu like this - I've been using a scheme like this of my own for years and find it very convenient. Though, you yews lots of cvars for it... that has the downside of potentially overflowing MAX_CVARS faster, especially if you were to add more maps. And the upside of keeping almost everything in one config, though, granted - my original implementation from several years ago was very similar in that respect before I revamped it. Aren't those initial "set Assignments" off a bit? Personally I'd just put a "vstr sel_chclass1" at the bottom to initialize all 4 properly automatically. Since you're not using seta, this has to go in autoexec.cfg or be executed manually every time, I assume, or did I miss something?

My own latest iteration uses some (optionally) CVAR_ARCHIVE CVARs to save state across exits, and a large number of configs to keep the total number of CVARs used down around 20. I keep it packed into a pk3 most of the time, heh. I've actually been considering releasing it for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it... maybe I'll check it over and release it soon. The only other classbinds I'd heard of before now just used f1-f6 for specific classes, fairly different - it has its benefits, and mine support using that method to supplement (or replace) the menu, but it takes a lot of keys if you yews a lot of classes - and I think they hardcode the binds across multiple configs, too, so you can't easilly change the keys used. Never actually had a copy of that implementation so I don't know for sure, I just made mine able to workalike based on what I heard.

Do you actually yews those example key assignments? I'd consider putting an example config in mine that would set those key assignments if it'd be useful to you if you ever wanted to try or switch to mine sometime once I release it, as a convenience for you. I already have multiple example bind sets in it anyways.

ozzeh

Post by ozzeh »

yea I just added it to autoexec.cfg, I usually try stay away from seta whenever I can, most of the stuff in the config file for my jk2 server just yews set ... and I've never actually hit the cvar limit before lol

And no those were just examples, I yews F1-F4.

gonna fix the link and make it a pk3...

also, feel free to check out the sniper scope and tell me what you think
ported it from jk2 so..

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

wflz classhax > *
whoracle scope > *

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

I used f1-f6 and a client side mod (the function a nub basically did for me :x) to make it map dynamic. I liked this system because I had f1-f6 mirror the order that the join menu was oriented, so I could easily change class just as fast as SKing with minimal though and delay involved. I could literally kill someone 3 seconds before respawn, and be changed classes in time for a perfect. Sometimes as close as 2 seconds from a respawn.

I also created base compliant .cfg versions of this for a few friends (2 of whom have repacked and distributed it as their own omfd) using f1-f6 for the classes, f7 and f8 for teams (o or d), and f9-f12 for maps.

The team and map binds are unnecessary with the client side mod as it automagically determined the proper class for your current team just by entering in "jan" or whatever class you wanted.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

My classbinds yews PGUP/PGDWN tp cycle through 'Hoth Defense/Hoth Offense...etc" and I yews:

7= snowtrooper
8= chewie
9= Demo... and so on.

Home = Spec
Del= kill

:)

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Del is a bit of a reach :O Also spec bind is for gays, real men bind spec to "~team s{enter}"

I yews "2" for SK. 3 is forcenext, alt is to yews, and q,e,f,z,x,c are various force powers.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

ozzeh

Post by ozzeh »

apparently a similar scope was posted on filefront already

i know the 1 i got was EoS in jk2, just modified it a little

can upload the EoS hud if you dont believe me...

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Darth_Wayne wrote:wflz classhax > *
u sure it wasnt the one he got from me? (pretty sure he never made one himself hehe)

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

duo sent it to me suz