CHEW

Re: Really Apple??

Post by CHEW »

well when steve jobs dies of whatever cancer he has now, apple will go under

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Turky wrote:I do. It's because some keyboards are wider than others. Blackberry is quite narrow, I much prefer the Tilt.
Never actually held a tilt, but from looking at pictures and specs, my storm has at least the same size keyboard...if not bigger. It took some getting used to at first, but the touch screen keyboard is actually quite win.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Kain wrote:Personally I think any phone with a touch screen without a slide out key board or a PDA type key board is fail. To annoying to try to text like that. I personally have the Envy V1 and I think it's great. No music but I have an ipod so I dont really care.
I ditched my iphone a couple of weeks ago, and I still type texts just as fast with the autocomplete. (The only problem with autocomplete is it takes a couple of weeks for it to save all your common words to the dictionary)

I do agree that full keyboards are less of a hassle/less annoying though as you said, but if you are good at using your respective phone, speed isn't really an issue.

Not that you were arguing speed, I just brought it up for the sake of it.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Max Rambone wrote:
Turky wrote:I do. It's because some keyboards are wider than others. Blackberry is quite narrow, I much prefer the Tilt.
Never actually held a tilt, but from looking at pictures and specs, my storm has at least the same size keyboard...if not bigger. It took some getting used to at first, but the touch screen keyboard is actually quite win.

~archi
yes, the storm's keyboard would be roughly the same width of the htc. I was mostly referring to the previous versions with an "upright" keyboard, so to speak.

personally it seems I'd rather have a slide out. It's not loserlike or unstylish or anything (if those words exist), and I would feel more comfortable with real, physical keys than touchscreen keys--even if they were big buttons on-screen. Especially since I yews screen protectors on my LCD devices, that tends to decrease the sensitivity of the touchscreen at least a little bit. The touchscreen on this thing is enough of a bitch, wouldn't even want to imagine trying to yews a keyboard on it as well.

I also noticed that yours doesn't have alternate functions listed on the keys themselves. Mine will show you the numbers, as well as all the symbols like commas, semicolon etc. There's an Fn alternate for almost every key on the keyboard, as shown below.

As far as paint wearing off, it doesn't seem to be a problem after over a year of yews. It's kind of got a slick "beady" material (no idea how to describe it?), so it's harder to wear off the paint I guess.

</rant>

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

iPhone = best touch screen ever.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I personally don't understand the "Touch" trend, and I think its the most obnoxious thing on this planet next to Uggs. Unnecessarily touch-oriented electronics should be abolished tbh.

And Ipods are great, other than that apple basically fails at everything.

Also, I yews an LG Rumor with a slideout keyboard and it's basically an awesome phone. It basically has everything you could want... MP3 player, Bluetooth (File transfer\headset), calender\planner, video camera, regular photo camera, internet if you pay for it, alarm clock, memo pad etc. Also you can download games\music\ringtones to it for free if you have a micro SD card (Which I do, lucky me.)

Turky

Post by Turky »

Magyk wrote:I personally don't understand the "Touch" trend, and I think its the most obnoxious thing on this planet next to Uggs. Unnecessarily touch-oriented electronics should be abolished tbh.
my touchscreen proves invaluable for when I want to bum off a local wifi network (doesn't get charged to my data plan). so it is not unnecessarily touch screen, I only gave one example and there are plenty more! win.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Honest question, Why would having a touchscreen help you rip off someones wifi?

I mean, a phone that can link up to wifi doesn't have to have a touch screen does it? I mean like.. Blackberries can connect to wifi (as far as I know anyways) and not many models have a touchscreen on them.
Like, phones don't necessarily need a touchscreen just to connect to someone's wifi for free do they? That seems a bit far fetched.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

My phone can do wifi?

**goes running to google...**

~archi

p.s. - I went ahead and got the unlimited data plan, but it would be interesting to tinker with since I'm a geek.
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky

Post by Turky »

Magyk wrote:Honest question, Why would having a touchscreen help you rip off someones wifi?

I mean, a phone that can link up to wifi doesn't have to have a touch screen does it? I mean like.. Blackberries can connect to wifi (as far as I know anyways) and not many models have a touchscreen on them.
Like, phones don't necessarily need a touchscreen just to connect to someone's wifi for free do they? That seems a bit far fetched.
having a touchscreen makes browsing far easier... that was my point. does that clear things up now? :/