Random post

Talk about whatever you wish.

Random post

Postby Caesar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok currently im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo board. I went to gf's already finished homework and no meetings after school today. So i decided to make this post.

Ceasar's Hs schedule:

Monday
Honors English I
Engineering class
Spanish
Lunch
Honors Us History
Physics I
Studyhall

Tuesday
Honors Algebra I
P.E
Engineering Class
Honors History
Lunch
Honors Physics
Studyhall
Meeting

Wednessday
Honors Physics
Honors English
Honors Algebra I
Honors U.S. History
Lunch
Engineering
Spanish
Studyhall

Thursday
Honors Algebra I
P.E.
Library (basically we go to the school librbry for "reading" which basically turns into a, who can zing a ruberband the most accuratly at a book)
Honors English
Lunch
Honors Physics
Egineering
Studyhall

Friday
Spanish
Honors English
Honors U.S History
Engineering
Lunch
Honors Physics
Honors Algebra I
Studyhall

Heh ya this seems like a bit much but if i dont have things to keep me occupied i dont know what to do. Gotta remember i dont have occupation yet so... The engineering is an elective that deals with electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. I am so glad that i can take algebra this year. My freshman i could only take honors geometry. But even tho this seems like a ton of homework it really isnt. In physics, engineering, and Spaninsh we dont usually get homework. For Physics and engineering its basically labs and hands on. Next year i have the option of microbiology and human factor engineering should i consider either?
Heh cya all.....back to being board
Last edited by Caesar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caesar

Topic author
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 am

Re: Random post

Postby Silver Absolution on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Another thing I fail to understand: what's with the 'Honors' before the subjects
And BTW: Thats a pretty tight schedule. At least for me :?
~Silver Blur
Silver Absolution

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:11 am

Postby Magyk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Silver Absolution wrote:Another thing I fail to understand: what's with the 'Honors' before the subjects

Honors classes are given at US high schools for students who are above-average (this is the short & sweet description.) "Advanced Placement" (AP) classes are classes high school students can take to get high school and college credits at the same time.

my schedule is like M/F: ENG100(Food & Culture or something), MAT100, EDU101(Intro to education), ANT201(History of Warfare)
W: ENG100, MAT100
T/Th: Fuck you, no classes.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:41 am

Postby Turky on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Where is the calculus class that you said you were taking, ceasar? You mentioned something about taking algebra 2 and calculus at the same time, and now all I see is Algebra I :|
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Highscores: 1
Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 am

Postby Roflraptor on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Ahh high school... so much more 'actual' free time than uni.
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:41 pm

Postby piipe on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 pm

wtf
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Postby Magyk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Roflraptor wrote:Ahh high school... so much more 'actual' free time than uni.

i beg to differ. maybe later on, but as far as my freshman year has been concerned..

..does anyone want to buy spare free time? for fucking real. i'm serious. i have goddamn plenty.

Edit:

Also, this.
Caesar wrote:soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo board.

Caesar wrote:Honors English I
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Postby Roflraptor on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Magyk wrote:

i beg to differ. maybe later on, but as far as my freshman year has been concerned..

..does anyone want to buy spare free time? for fucking real. i'm serious. i have goddamn plenty.

Edit:

Also, this.

Depends on what you're doing. At least for biomed I've found that the practical sessions chew up a lot of time. Not only are they lengthy but, if you want to do well, you spend a lot of time just preparing for them. Writing them up afterwards doesn't take too long but that is still more time out of the day. Then there's the reading, which is anywhere from 250-500 pages of stuff per week (not paperback novel sized pages either :lol:). On top of that, any weekly quizzes which also require a bit of revising before they're done. Chuck in an assignment or three, a few tests here and there, and you'll soon find your free time dwindles significantly.

On the other hand, my brother is doing an IT course at the same university. His timetable is incredibly light even as a full-time student and the amount of time he needs to spend studying each week is next to nothing in comparison. Not all courses were made equal, it seems. :)
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:41 pm

Postby Magyk on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

Secondary Ed bitches, free time through the roof!
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Postby piipe on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:11 am

Roflraptor wrote:
Magyk wrote:

Edit:

Also, this.

Depends on what you're doing. At least for biomed I've found that the practical sessions chew up a lot of time. Not only are they lengthy but, if you want to do well, you spend a lot of time just preparing for them. Writing them up afterwards doesn't take too long but that is still more time out of the day. Then there's the reading, which is anywhere from 250-500 pages of stuff per week (not paperback novel sized pages either :lol:). On top of that, any weekly quizzes which also require a bit of revising before they're done. Chuck in an assignment or three, a few tests here and there, and you'll soon find your free time dwindles significantly.

On the other hand, my brother is doing an IT course at the same university. His timetable is incredibly light even as a full-time student and the amount of time he needs to spend studying each week is next to nothing in comparison. Not all courses were made equal, it seems. :)

raptor u are such a nice guy
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Next

Return to General Chat