About Voice Chat and Clients

Talk about whatever you wish.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

About Voice Chat and Clients

Post by GUARD!AN »

Hey Guys,

So I was looking through the mod database for phpbb3 (the core of these forums) to see if anyone posted some cool stuff I could add to these forums as well. I noticed there are both vent and teamspeak server status things, that allow you to see the status of your server, and to connect upon clicking it.

My question is, should I rent out our own TS/vent server, or are we happy using either Wafflz's vent or Afro's clan's TS? What I am getting at is to have an official server that we all know of and I can post a status box of on our homepage.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: About Voice Chat and Clients

Post by Max Rambone »

I really hate vent, but it's probably more that I don't know how to yews it more than whether it's actually better than TS.

I have great ears and I know that the TS servers I've used sounds better than vent, but that could just be phail on the administrator's part.

~archi

p.s. - As far as connecting to a server, I know that you can yews simple URLs to connect to a TS server....not sure about vent.
Eventus stultorum magister.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Re: About Voice Chat and Clients

Post by Kain »

If rS does get a TS server or vent I would download either and yews it...but if rS doesnt have one I'd rather not have that on my computer so... get either I dont care.