Steam

Talk about whatever you wish.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Steam

Post by Magyk »

I already didn't like Steam to begin with, but after recently purchasing a copy of CS:S off Amazon (I like having hard copies, and it was 15 dollars cheaper than Steam) I found that my activation code didn't work. No biggie, a quick few google searches later and I found out that I can just email steam and have them send me a new code. ( everything I read has been people bitching that it takes WEEKS for them to get back to you on matters like this.)

So, I go to steam.com to contact support. And it won't let me log in, saying it's been too long since I logged in on their website. It's been, at most, a week since I logged in on their site. After jumping through security hoops, I finally log in and get to the support page, and I'm greeted by this:

If you have not yet created a unique Steam Support account for the Steam Support system, you can do so by clicking Create Account button below. Your Steam Support account is a separate account from your Steam or Forum account. It does not exist by default. Please do not attempt to enter your Steam account information for the Steam Support system, as it will not work.

What kind of fucked up convoluted system is this where I need to make a new fucking account to contact steam support. Fuck steam. Awful, shitty service.

aradorasxeon

Re: Steam

Post by aradorasxeon »

I hate that shitty system. I hate their support (as well as activison's). The only reason I have steam because I couldn't yews my mw2 without it. I just hate activison for this. Once I tried to contact their support (steam's) well they came up with a working solution, but I hated I had to make a different acc for that. Last time I used steam was in summer. I don't miss it...

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

swtor doesn't yews steam ;)

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

Turky wrote:swtor doesn't yews steam ;)

woooooooooooooooooooooooooow no way!!!!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Finally got my support ticket and I, no joke, have to write it down, put it next to my CD Key that came with my game, take a photograph of it and upload it as an attachment to my support claim to verify that I have the game.

The absurdity of it is mind boggling. Especially since I've read that if Steam contacts you within 7 days, you're considered uber lucky.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

lol

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

my steam is kinda fucked up too, sometimes my downloads dont even start and show up

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Steam(ing pile of shit)

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

HAHA. Just when you think Steam can't get any worse, I find out that I cannot add friends unless I buy a game from the steam store.

That's right.

I'm not allowed to send friend requests, until I give steam my money. Awful. Other people can add me though. Fucking stupid.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Steam(ing pile of shit)

*Likes*