Gun Control

Talk about whatever you wish.
Ramshi

Re: Gun Control

Post by Ramshi »

In 1996 a ban on firearms in Australia significantly reduced gun related deaths.

Also this:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... 2i9rh.html

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Laser wrote:Fuck people who carry guns on the street

No, you won't fuck me, I guarantee.

My name is Bob, but I'm not a bobby.

In the twelve years now that I have been licensed to carry by the State of Tennessee, I've never drawn on nor pointed my weapons at another living thing, but if I ever do, it needs to die. (And, believe me, I've been in some sticky situations...NONE required the .45 I carry EVERYDAY.)

This is the real world, Laser, there are no spawn points.

Grow up, kid.

You can let your government legislate you out of the right to protect yourself and your family, but it will NEVER happen to me.

If it's kill or be killed, I hope that I could kill.

BTW...Despite the fact that most males in my area don't have a problem with killing Bambi, I don't hunt, fish, or do any of that shit....Not even sure I could boil a lobster...I buy my protein dead already.

The only things I don't have a problem with killing are like flies, cockroaches, and mosquitoes...I even feel bad about spraying nests of wasps, but if they are in my way and want to sting me, then they gotta go...ya feel me?

However, it really bothers me when people like you expect the police or your government to protect you when it's actually YOUR OWN job to do so. Don't be that ignorant.

"When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

FUCK THAT.

I'm not wanting to start any flame wars, and I think you're cool...except for the fact that you are totally ignorant about the reason that LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS should want to carry protection from the unbalanced.

Come up with something better than:

And I'll debate you all day long about how wrong you are.

Ramshi wrote: In 1996 a ban on firearms in Australia significantly reduced gun related deaths.

Show me your evidence and I can show you 10 sites that say that's BS....because, ya...the criminals are gonna turn their guns in when the authorities say so, right?

WE SHOULD ALL OUTLAW MURDER, 'CAUSE THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING, RIGHT?

....OH WAIT. *SAD*

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

yeah...what? The suicide rate dropped, isn't that good?

It seems to me all these sites you have posted are all from extreme right wing point of views. Some of the info from one site were also repeated in other sites.

As for rebuttals, I won't have time for another week and a half. in the meantime i'll just yews the comments other users left in opposition to those facts.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Hate to say it, but, if dudes wanna kill themselves, it's not a gun problem.

Just like dudes who wanna kill others is not a gun problem.

Fact is, people can be fucked up and I'm not gonna kill myself or let others kill me without a fight.

"Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."

One day you might understand if someone doesn't shoot you first.

Again, "guns don't kill people....people kill people."

~archi

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Having a gun is much easier than, say, a knife. With a gun you can shoot someone from far away. With a knife you have to actually be next to them.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Knife's quiet, easy to conceal, etc.

True, you have to reach your target, but it's easier to off someone and slip away without anyone else hearing than it is announcing your presence to everyone.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Max Rambone wrote:

No, you won't fuck me, I guarantee.

My name is Bob, but I'm not a bobby.

In the twelve years now that I have been licensed to carry by the State of Tennessee, I've never drawn on nor pointed my weapons at another living thing, but if I ever do, it needs to die. (And, believe me, I've been in some sticky situations...NONE required the .45 I carry EVERYDAY.)

This is the real world, Laser, there are no spawn points.

Grow up, kid.

You can let your government legislate you out of the right to protect yourself and your family, but it will NEVER happen to me.

If it's kill or be killed, I hope that I could kill.

BTW...Despite the fact that most males in my area don't have a problem with killing Bambi, I don't hunt, fish, or do any of that shit....Not even sure I could boil a lobster...I buy my protein dead already.

The only things I don't have a problem with killing are like flies, cockroaches, and mosquitoes...I even feel bad about spraying nests of wasps, but if they are in my way and want to sting me, then they gotta go...ya feel me?

However, it really bothers me when people like you expect the police or your government to protect you when it's actually YOUR OWN job to do so. Don't be that ignorant.

"When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

FUCK THAT.

I'm not wanting to start any flame wars, and I think you're cool...except for the fact that you are totally ignorant about the reason that LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS should want to carry protection from the unbalanced.

Come up with something better than:

And I'll debate you all day long about how wrong you are.

Ramshi wrote: In 1996 a ban on firearms in Australia significantly reduced gun related deaths.

Show me your evidence and I can show you 10 sites that say that's BS....because, ya...the criminals are gonna turn their guns in when the authorities say so, right?

WE SHOULD ALL OUTLAW MURDER, 'CAUSE THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING, RIGHT?

....OH WAIT. *SAD*

~archi

Archi you really don't need to tell me to grow up and stuff, I did want someone to rise to my completely non-constructive point so I could see what they had to say, but lets not turn it into a slagging off match.

I'm not necessarily talking about individuals, I'm glad you said that you've never pointed your weapon at someone even though you've been in some situations. I'm thinking more generally, not everyone is so stable.

When I say this, you have to know that I'm not someone who tries to start fights at all. I can take as much bullshit as they can throw most of the time, I only jump to the defence of people who I care about. Usually guys trying it on with girls I'm out with and won't take no for an answer. Anyway, I'm trailing. If there was no gun control, I'd be very fearful of who I got into a tangle with or who I challenged verbally, in case they were carrying. And remember, most people don't go out with the intention of killing anyone, it's more likely to be a spur of the moment thing.

Yes, people can carry a knife, but my point would be why add to the weapons readily available. Especially in the form of something as lethal as a gun can be.

If someone wants to get a gun badly so they can commit murder, then chances are they'll find a way. Point conceded. But that's not what I'm more scared of, it's how impulsive some people can be when they have a weapon on them.

I completely appreciate the need to defend yourself, but I just don't trust humans in general to carry guns around. If it were legal, I'd have one at home. I can't think of many things worse than someone invading my home and hurting my family and close friends, and I know plenty of people who keep various weapons by their bed in case of an intruder.

There's a good reason we have gun control in my country and I'm sure the people in charge have been over and over this so many times, they know all the arguments. Also, I'm really glad that we have a separate unit for armed police here, and our regular police don't carry guns.

I know you feel strongly about this archi, and, again, kudos for not pointing your gun at people. But let's have a proper debate here :)
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

/end.