ISIL, ISIS, Murderers, or whatever you want to call them

Talk about whatever you wish.
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Re: ISIL, ISIS, Murderers, or whatever you want to call them

Post by Darth_Wayne »

MajorMajor wrote:2. Support(i.e. weapons, aid, airstrikes & special forces help on ground at most) the Kurds on the ground in the north of Iraq.

I agree with this, though it is important to note that the Kurds aren't interested in launching an offensive against IS and only care about defending their homeland. Ideally, they'd be able to carve an independent Kurdistan out of parts of Iraq and Syria and become another Western ally in the region. Turkey won't like it, but Erdogan can go fuck himself.

MajorMajor wrote:3. Work with Iran to arm and support the Shia in the south.
4. Suck it up and support Assad in Syria to crush ISIS there.

Any American politician proposing this would get laughed out of his office in an instant. The US are not going to do something that is directly against their interests only to get rid of some nutjob insurgents that likely won't even be around 5 years down the road.

I find it funny how worked up everyone is getting about IS while Putin is currently in the process of anschlussing Ukraine, a country whose sovereignty the US and UK are obligated to protect.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Magyk wrote:Not really. I sleep pretty soundly at night knowing we have a military that could crush pretty much anyone. With China, NK, growing their armies and Russia trying to grow theirs to Cold War era numbers, I'll gladly keep paying my taxes to dump money into my own country's protection.

Oh please. You and I both know the reason the US military is so large and well funded is so the US can project power. A military 1/4 the size would be more than adequate enough if its only objective was self-defence.

Then again, the fact that you actually listed North Korea as a threat tells me you might not know what you're talking about.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Darth_Wayne wrote:Oh please. You and I both know the reason the US military is so large and well funded is so the US can project power. A military 1/4 the size would be more than adequate enough if its only objective was self-defence.

a) Please tell me what "self-defence" is.

b) As far as militaries are concerned, more is less. If you think militaries are instituted purely for self-defense, you are retarded.

c) I don't know about you, but if some crack-pot is threating countries with Nuclear Missiles, I might be a little concerned. An analogous situation would be a school shooting. Should we just ignore the guy who blatantly threatens people with lethal force, even though he could be capable of executing those threats?

d) Obama was a wuss, is a wuss, and always will be a wuss. Any other president worth a damn would be rightfully ashamed at what the Obama administration has amounted to.

e) I agree, massive air strikes would solve a lot, but that is far from a tangible idea.

f) Our military may SEEM large, but mathematically, it is 1/1,000th of a PERCENT of our population. This, to me, seems somewhat inadequate-I am all for military growth and future expansion.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

a) Or you can open a fucking dictionary instead.

b) What the fuck? Did you even read my post or are you that dumb?

c) Yes, North Korea has nuclear weapons, but it's highly doubtful they'd be able to launch them at US soil with any amount of accuracy. The NK ruling class enjoy being the ruling class - they're not going to do anything silly and risk losing that power, especially with how happy China seems to be with maintaining the status quo in NK.

f) You're an idiot.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Darth_Wayne wrote:a) Or you can open a fucking dictionary instead.

b) What the fuck? Did you even read my post or are you that dumb?

c) Yes, North Korea has nuclear weapons, but it's highly doubtful they'd be able to launch them at US soil with any amount of accuracy. The NK ruling class enjoy being the ruling class - they're not going to do anything silly and risk losing that power, especially with how happy China seems to be with maintaining the status quo in NK.

f) You're an idiot.

tens0r wrote:caesar stfu

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

a) Interestingly enough, I couldn't find "self-defence" in the dictionary. I could however find self-defense. GET OWNT

b) Using JKB logic, just because the Nuclear Missile isn't accurate, it doesn't matter. Never mind if they were aiming for NY, but hit Maine instead, who cares!

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

For the good of humanity, please go get hit by a bus tomorrow. It would make me immensely happy if I knew you would never be able to reproduce. You are far and away the stupidest person that I have ever made contact with.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Caesar wrote:a) Interestingly enough, I couldn't find "self-defence" in the dictionary. I could however find self-defense. GET OWNTb) Using JKB logic, just because the Nuclear Missile isn't accurate, it doesn't matter. Never mind if they were aiming for NY, but hit Maine instead, who cares!

Darth_Wayne wrote:For the good of humanity, please go get hit by a bus tomorrow. It would make me immensely happy if I knew you would never be able to reproduce. You are far and away the stupidest person that I have ever made contact with.

This is how you deal with being proven wrong? GG

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Proven wrong? The only thing you have proven is your complete lack of reading comprehension.

Again, for the good of the gene pool, please consider killing yourself.

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

No amount of troops will stop a nuclear strike, the only people who would yews such weapons are beyond reasoning with as the retaliations would be immense. Ceasar seriously you're making yourself look sillier than ever (and that is saying something :lol:).